- Text Size +
Story Notes:
**Written for the May challenge on the AC forums
“You need a hair cut.”

“Do not!”

“Yes, you do. When it’s nearly touching the collar of your shirt, that’s when you know it’s time to get a hair cut, Nick.”

“You’re one to talk, Kev!”

That evening, Nick Carter and Kevin Richardson were going through a number of photos. Of the pictures they chose, the best ones were going to be added to an official tour diary. Scattered in front of them, along with a plethora of pictures were other books and older photos, to be used for reference.

Kevin rolled his eyes. Why he and Nick had been given the job of going through the photos taken that evening, he would never understand. Nick hated approving photos, and Kevin had other things he could have been doing. Still, they sat in Nick’s hotel room, arguing over things that really had nothing to do with the picture quality at all.

Kevin raised an eyebrow at Nick. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Nick shook his head. “Remember last time we were on tour?” He asked, and Kevin merely nodded. “You had horrible hair back then!” He laughed, and Kevin sighed. “Come on, cornrows? What were you thinking, dude?” Nick said through a fit of giggles.

“Yeah, but you know what I did when I realized it was ‘horrible’?” Kevin asked, making quotation marks with his fingers over the word ‘horrible’. He really didn’t think that hairstyle had been that bad.

Nick didn’t respond, he only continued to laugh.

“I got a haircut!” Kevin exclaimed, ruffling Nick’s (evidently too long) hair.

Nick ducked away from Kevin’s hand. “It’s not that bad.” He defended himself. In an attempt to prove his point, he began digging through the stack of older pictures. “It could be worse.” He said, thrusting a picture in Kevin’s face.

Kevin laughed as he stared at the old photo. It had to have been taken back when they were first starting out. Nick looked as though he was thirteen years old, and sure enough, they both had longer hair, parted down the middle. “Yeah, and thank goodness those days are gone.”

Nick pouted. “Aw come on, don’t you remember I won that best hairstyle award?” He asked, a cheeky grin creeping up over his face. He ran his fingers through his blonde locks, as if to reiterate his point.

“Yeah, and you hair most certainly did not look like this.” Kevin said, handing Nick another picture. This one featured Kevin sitting on the piano bench, with Nick leaning backwards on his shoulder.

Nick wrinkled his nose as he looked at the picture. His hair really was getting a little long for his tastes. “Fine, you win.” He said, admitting defeat. “And this one is definitely not going in the book.”

Kevin laughed. “I knew you’d eventually see it my way.” He said, as the two of them continued to go through the pile of photos.