- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story is pure fictional. Julie is not based off his ex girlfriend, Julie. It's a character created for another fan.
Prologue

February 21, 2008

I had the dream again. The same dream where I’m sitting in the house and Julie is packing her things. I look down at my feet and noticed that they’ve sunken into the floor and I cannot move. In a panic I try to pull my feet out of the floor while I'm also screaming and begging for Julie to not leave. I fall to the floor in my attempt to pull my feet out of the holes and in the blink of an eye…she’s gone.

I can’t sleep anymore. I’m so exhausted. Every time I close my eyes, I see nothing but her face. When I do fall asleep, I just have nightmares of the last time I saw her. Then my body wakes itself up and I find myself in the hotel room, alone with cold sweats. I feel like I’m going crazy without her. Why did she have to leave? I know my life isn’t always easy to cope with, but I really thought she was the one. Am I ever going to find a woman who will just love me for who I am? I can’t take this loneliness for much longer. I’m tired of the game. I just want love…I just want her.




“Yo, Nick!” said A.J.

Nick quickly shut his journal and tucked it under his arm. He looked over at A.J. in annoyance and softly sighed.

“What?” he mumbled.

“Dude, cheer up. Good god! We’re on our way to Sydney! Pull out the camera and make a video.”

“Man, I’m not in the mood.”

“Yes, you are,” A.J. insisted. “You know once you turn that camera on and you start acting all goofy, you’re gonna perk up.”

“I guess,” Nick said as he pulled the camera out of his carry on bag.

“Turn it on and make a video. Seriously, it’ll be fun. Besides, our fans are itching for another video of Nick’s Corner,” he said with a goofy grin.

Nick laughed and turned on the camera. He turned the screen around to face him and adjusted the focus. A.J. pulled out a pamphlet with a list of places to go in Sydney.

“Look, Nick’s seafood!” A.J. said with enthusiasm.

Nick ignored him and fixed his camera. He thought for a moment and adjusted his stocking cap.

“Alright, check it out, man. We’re on a plane,” he said then paused long enough to attempt to hide a burp.

He knew he shouldn’t have had that soda, but it tasted so good! A.J. rambled on about the places in Sydney and Nick started over again. A.J. was right…he did feel a little better, but Julie still haunted his mind. Of course, being Nick Carter…no one would ever see that side of him and probably never will.