- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Well here I go again trying out a new story.
It's Raining Men

Humidity is rising
Barometer's getting low
According to our sources
The street's the place to go

Cause' tonight for the first time
Just about half past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start raining men

It's raining men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Amen

21 year old Nancy Belichick stood on the Patriot sidelines watching practice intensely. Nancy was the adopted daughter of Bill Belichick, coach of the New England Patriots and was in college studying sports medicine.

Nancy was working with the sports medicine team for the Patriots to get some experience for class. She loved football for it was in her blood. Rumor had it, her real father was a football player and now Bill, who had adopted her, was always talking about football because of his coaching.

"Hey Nancy, will you come help  me?" Drake called out to her, he was heading to the locker room with the quarterback Tom Brady.

Nancy got up to follow Drake shooting him a dirty look. Some of the coaching staff and others involved with the team knew of Nancy's crush on Tom.

"What are we doing?" Nancy asked as Drake helped Tom get onto the table.

"His ankle is a bit sore, I want you to practice taping." Drake told her as he got out what she would be needing.

Nancy nodded and began to untie Toms cleat.

"Sprained ankle?" She asked feeling around his ankle to check for swelling.

Tom grunted.

"Nothing serious enough to keep me out of the game."

Nancy shot him a quick smile.

"I can tape your ankle up for you, then tape a small ice pack over it if you like."

Tom leaned back to stretch his back a bit.

"Yeah that will work." He finally answered finally shooting her a grin as he sat back up.

Nancy grabbed a chair and sat with his foot near her and began to tape it up.

It's raining men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Amen

Humidity is rising
Barometer's getting low
According to our sources
The street's the place to go

Cause' tonight for the first time
Just about half past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start rainin men

"Whoa Kevin! Check out this cool place!" An excited voice echoed through the locker room.

Nancy looked up with a frown, hoping that fans hadn't somehow snuck into the locker room again hoping for autographs.

"Nick, you need to chill." Another male voice answered footsteps coming closer to where Nancy and Tom were.

Drake stepped out of his office looking confused. Suddenly five young guys came around the corner.

"Whoa! It's Tom Brady!" The blond one said pointing wildly.

"Excuse me, this is a private locker room you have no business here." Nancy said sharply standing up while Tom smiled amused at the younger guy.

"Um sorry but we are looking for Coach Belichick." Said an older guy with dark hair.

"What for?" Asked Nancy crossing her arms.

"We're the Backstreet Boys. We are here to shoot a commercial with him and the team?"

Nancy looked them up and down and sat back on her stool.

"Coach is busy with his team practice. Go wait on the bleachers for him. He'll be with you when he is ready."

She turned back to finish her job, tapping Toms ankle tightly for support. She got up to get some ice.

"What's up with your dad hiring a boy band to be in a Patriot commercial?" Tom asked her.

"I have no idea. I just heard him saying they are huge with music, we are huge in football, they are singing the National Anthem during Super Bowl...go figure." She said as she held the ice pack in place and began to put take around that too.

It's raining men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Amen

I'm gonna go out
I'm gonna let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet

It's rainin men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Every special men

Tall blonde dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean

"There all done." Nancy said patting her work and stepping back for Drake to check.

"Perfect." He told her patting her shoulder. Nancy smiled causing her blue eyes to lit up. Doing well was very important to her.

"They are ready for you." She told Tom who was getting off the table. She handed him his helmet.

"Thank's Nan, you rock." Tom said taking the helmet, giving a slap to her bottom and jogging back out towards the field.

Nancy felt her face flame up. Drake snickered.

"Shut up will you?" She muttered putting the stuff away.

"See you out there." He answered following Brady back out.

Nancy shook her head and reached for her Patriots team jacket as earlier it was getting a bit colder She pulled it over her top, straightened out her black jeans and headed for the field again.

She stood observing the practice and going over stuff with Drake.

"Tom seems to be doing ok." She said making some notes on a clip bored.

"Have you spoken with Ellis Hobbs about his wrist injury?" Drake asked her.

Nancy searched the field for the corner back and saw pleased that he seemed to be doing ok.

"He had a doctors appointment yesterday, but I haven't checked up on him but it's looking good." She answered walking to make sure all of the water bottles had water for the players.

She bent over checking them not hearing the extra footsteps coming closer.

"Hey there cutie. What's your name?" The annoying blond asked coming to her.

"I thought I told you to wait on the bleachers." She said not looking at him.

"I got bored. I'm Nick by the way."

She glanced at him and he smiled.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing with a football team?"

"I'm studying sports medicine, not that it is any of your business."

"Ouch." He laughed. "So is it true? Are football players just a bunch of meat heads?"

Nancy looked up exasperated.

"Look can you go away, I'm busy." She told him as the whistle blew signaling the end of practice.

"YO BELICHICK FLIRTING WITH BOY BAND MEMBERS NOW?" Tom yelled at her as he and the guys jogged past her towards the locker room for a team meeting.

"FUCK OFF BRADY." She answered and shot Nick and annoyed look.

God bless Mother Nature
She's a single woman too
She took over heaven
And she did what she had to do

She fought every Angel
To rearranged the sky
So that each and every woman
Could find the perfect guy

It's raining men

Don't get yourself Weather Girls
I know you want to

"Belichick? Isn't that the name of..." Nick trailed off looking at her then as Coach Belichick ran by.

"Bill!" Nancy called out waving him over.

Bill jogged over.

"Everything ok sweet heart?" He asked.

"This guy is from Backstreet Boys. Said he had a meeting with you?"

Bill looked at Nick.

"Oh yeah sure the commercial."

Nick nodded and waved his band mates over.

"Hi there coach." The dark haired one said. "I'm Kevin. We were told to meet you today."

"Yeah sure, listen guys, I have a team meeting if you wouldn't mind waiting til it's over then, I'll sit and talk with you about the commercial."

He shook their hands and went after the team..

"Are you Bill Belichick's daughter?" Nick asked looking at her.

"That really isn't your business." She said and followed the team to attend the meeting.

"He's cute for you, but no Tom Brady." Drake teased her as she slapped his arm for laughing.

"I"I'm Here for school not romance." She said as they walked into the room for the meeting.

I feel stormy weather moving in
About to begin
Hear the thunder
Don't you loose your head
Rip off the roof and stay in bed
(Rip off the roof and stay)

It's raining men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Amen

It's raining men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Amen


"You know what Nick? I really think she likes you." A. J. Said laughing as they went off to a small room to wait.

"Shut your mouth A. J., you are just jealous." Nick said sitting down with a plop.

"Jealous of being shot down several times? I don't think so." He snickered.

"Ok enough both of you." Kevin said as he sat down to wait.

"You do realize I am a Dolphins fan right Kev?" Nick asked.

"What's your point Nick?" Kevin asked with a sigh.

"This is gonna be a Pats commercial." Nick started and was interrupted as the door opened and in walked Bill, Tom Brady along with a few other guys plus Nancy.

"Is there a problem here?" Bill asked.

"No sir." Kevin answered kicking Nick under the table.

Bill took a seat at the head of the table along with an older man, the players at one side, opposite of the guys and Nancy took the other end.

"This man here is Robert Kraft, he is the chairman and CEO of the Patriots, the guys here are Tom Brady our quarter back, Tedy Bruschi a line backer, Bethel Johnson a wide receiver, and Corey Dillon a running back. They are gonna be the main focus of our commercial but of course there will be team shots."

They all sat down to talk ideas for the commercial and Nancy sat back observing like she usually did. Her eyes went to Nick watching him become serious as he listened to her father with a look of admiration, as so many people did.

She watched the young fresh faced band and wondered what their music was like. She hadn't listened to any of their music before as she usually only played classical when doing her home work. She was hard working and driven so she never had time to keep up with the Hollywood trends.

Her eyes went to Tom who was also looking at her father as he talked. She smiled a bit to himself thinking of how perfect it would be to have a commercial. His good looks would be eaten up by the camera and she for one was excited by the idea of seeing him on TV.

"Nancy?" He fathers voice broke through her thoughts.

"Yes sir?"

"I was saying we might use some coaching staff in shots and as you assist Josh, would you mind being included in shots?"

"Er... may I think about it?" Her father nodded.

"Josh McDaniel's is our offensive coordinator and quarterback coach. Nancy helps him out when she's not training her sports medicine stuff." Bill said proudly.

She glanced around and saw Nick smirking at her. She gave him a dirty look and refocused herself on other stuff being said.

An hour later her father stood.

"Well I think we got what we need. Tomorrow we can start shooting. Team be on the field by 9:00 am sharp. Dismissed." He said nodding and the guys all stood up. The band shaking hands with Bill and Robert, the football players leaving.

Tom stood up walking past her, he winked. She sighed gathering all of her stuff. Tom, being 27, probably thought of her as nothing more than a kid who was their coaches father. Then there was pesky Nick, she didn't know much about him other than he was getting on her nerves. She stood up walking to her dad.

"You know, I should be a normal girl, go out and drink, rebel against you, have a boyfriend...." She said.

He laughed.

"People rebel during their teen years honey, not when they are 21. And I thought you wanted to be single to focus on your studies?"

"I do..." She trailed off with a sigh.

"Come on girlie girl, let's get home and you can help me get ready for Saturday's game."

Nancy nodded and followed Bill out to his car. Looking back she saw Nick watching her she sighed and got in.

It's raining men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Amen

It's raining men
Hallelujah
It's raining men
Amen

It's raining men
It's raining men
It's raining men
Chapter End Notes:

Please read and review!

ok guys also sorry this story is going towards the 2005 Super Bowl and I accidently used some wrong players but hopefully it's ok now.