- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Inspired by the song "London" by A.J. McLean
The sun was slowly rising and the light was creeping into the hotel room. A ray of light spidered across A.J.’s face. He softly groaned and opened his eyes. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed. Another day, another hotel and another night without sleep. He glanced over at the clock and put his arm over his eyes. It wasn’t even eight in the morning. It was their day off and all he wanted to do was sleep the day away. His head was pounding from fatigue and possibly fighting off the beginning of a cold that had been going around through the group and tour crew. He heard the sound of the bathroom door opening. A.J. lifted his arm to see Alana, his girlfriend, come out of the bathroom in one of the hotel bathrobes. Her hair was wrapped in a towel and she had just put on her make up. He watched her for a moment as she walked across the room with her coffee mug, completely ignoring him, as she always did. A.J. rolled over on his side and pulled the blankets over his head and tried to go back to sleep. He become slightly annoyed when heard the sound of the television being turned on. She cleared her throat and began noisily digging through her suitcase. A.J. sat up and looked at her. Her back was facing him and she pulling out several items from her bag. She looked up at the TV and turned up the volume a little louder as a music video to her favorite song came on. A.J. rolled his eyes and plopped back down on his pillow. He continued to watch as she pulled the towel off her head and she combed out her hair, softly singing along to the song on the television.

He laid there, shaking his head in annoyance. He didn’t know whether to say something or leave it alone. Finally, after much anticipation, he sat up and decided to smoke a cigarette out on the balcony. He would worry about sleep after she’d left for the day. A.J. picked up his cigarette pack and crawled over the bed to the balcony door. He turned around to look at her once more, her eyes were still glued to the TV. A.J. angrily shut the glass door and stared out at the view of beautiful Paris, France. He took in the view and looked down at his hands. His nails needed a touch up, but at the moment, he could’ve cared less. A.J. took another drag of his cigarette and leaned against the rail of the balcony. His mind was hazy from his fatigue and swarming thoughts of his relationship with Alana.

His thoughts were interrupted by the touch of Alana’s hands slithering across his sides and coming to a rest across his chest. He turned around and looked at her. She smiled at him with her lips freshly glossed with a ruby, red rogue. Her eyeliner was dark, giving her that mysterious, smoky effect, and the scent of her Paris Hilton perfume made his stomach turn. He sucked in a breath as she tickled his chin with her fingers and smiled.

“I’m going shopping with Howie and Leigh,” she stated.

“Okay,” he said as he took another drag.

“Are coming with us?”

A.J. shook his head. “No, I think I’m just going to stay here and rest.”

“Suit yourself,” she said as she played with his necklace that dangled across his bare chest.

“What time will you be back?”

She shrugged and rested her hands on his chest. “Some time later today. I don’t know yet.”

“Well, have fun,” he said as he threw out his cigarette butt and went back inside.

He laid back down on the bed and pulled the blankets over himself. A.J. watched as she went through her purse and double checked that she had everything she needed. He scrunched up his nose as she pulled out a mini bottle of her perfume and gave herself another squirt. She checked herself in the mirror and zipped up her purse. His eyes followed her as she put on her shoes and without so much as a kiss goodbye…she was out the door.