- Text Size +
~~ Muff ~~

I am having a fantastic time tonight! I can’t believe how awesome these guys really are; not only is Nick looking so hot but he’s sounding hot and the rest of the guys are amazing too! “Brisbaaaaaane” Howie said into his mic and I screamed in response “whoooo” “alright so we just wanted to thank you guys for coming tonight” more screams “we know we haven’t been great to you guys making you wait ten years for a concert but we’re so honored to have such loyal fans like you guys. Keep the Backstreet pride alive!” he said as the rest of the guys came on and the intro to I Want It That Way started “alright we know you guys know this one so come on!” Nick said running over to the right side of the stage and Brian started to sing “you are my fire, the one desire; believe when I say… you sing it...” “I want it that way” we all screamed out. Jas, Karen and I started dancing and singing along “I never wanna hear you say…I want it that way…” we clapped and cheered when the song was finished “alright we’re going to slow it down a little bit, here’s a song for all the beautiful, lovely, sexy ladies in the house tonight”

“From the first day, that I saw your smiling face, honey I knew that we would be together, forever” AJ sang as Brian took over and Jas, Karen and I put our arms in the air and swayed along “I’ll never break your heart, I’ll never make you cry, I’d rather die, then live without you” it seemed like hours had passed before the song was finished and the guys rushed off the stage, no doubt to get changed yet again. “Oh my god this is so bloody awesome” Jas yelled over the We’ve got it going on video playing “I know! I don’t want it to end” Karen said getting all sad “aww hun at least you’ve got some videos and I’m sure Steph and Alana got some great shots of Howie for you” I said putting my arm around her as she smiled “they better have or else” she said as Jas and I just laughed when we heard Brian talking “ok so you guys know we’re really excited to be here, right?” we all screamed “and we know YOU guys are excited to be here too” we screamed again “so tell me.. who has..Never Gone?” we raised our hands “good good.. who has the first album?” we raised our hands again “wow you guys have the very first BSB album? Still?” we screamed; as IF we’d throw it away, Brian! “what about Millennium?” we screamed and raised our hands again “chapter one?” more screams and he laughed “you guys have all of our albums and yet you buy the greatest hits one too? What are you guys made of money or something?” we all laughed “no we just love you guys” Jas yelled “he can’t hear you hun” I said giggling.

“Alright so who knows this song? It goes da da da da da... da da da da…jam on cuz backstreets got it, come on now everybody...” “We’ve got it going on” we all screamed “oh, you guys know that one huh?” he laughed as we screamed “of course not Brian, it was only your first single” I yelled as we laughed “alright so you guys ready for some more songs?” we screamed “here’s one from Never Gone so if you know it” he laughed “sing along..it’s I Still” “who are you now? Are you still the same or did you change some how? What do you do, at this very moment when I think of you? and when I’m looking back, how we were young and stupid, do you remember that…” we sang along with Brian as he walked over to the side of the stage and waved to the fans sitting in the upper sections “I still need you, I still care about you, though everything’s been said and done, I still feel you, like I’m right beside you, but still no word from you”

~~ Jas ~~

We clapped and cheered as the song finished “this is becoming a great night” I said to the other girls “it sure is and I can’t wait for the rest of the concerts” I looked at Karen who looked depressed again “if I get to talk to Howie I’ll try and get him to talk to you on the phone hun” I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder, she smiled “thanks Jas” “are ya’ll ready to rock?” Kevin came out and asked us “yesssssss” we screamed “alright, this is just want you to know woo!” he said into his mic “looking at your Spynkter from when we first met, you gave me a smile that I could never forget and nothing that I could do could protect me from you that night” Nick belted out as we jumped up and down rocking out “I bloody love this song” I screamed over the music. “Come on Australia, sing it for me!” Nick yelled into his mic, “I just want you to now, that I’ve been fighting to let you go, some days I’ll make it through and then there’s nights that never end, I wish that I could believe that there’s a day you’ll come back to me, but still I have to say, I would do it all again” we sang along with them as they started jumping up and down off things, getting really into the rock sound of the song.

“So you guys know we’ve been in Brisbane..did I say that right?” Kevin was saying “Bris ben?” we laughed “so we’ve been in Brisbane for a few days, the guys and I were just relaxing, we got to learn that you guys don’t call women women here they’re called…Sheila’s..is that right?” I put my hands on my hips “I aint no Sheila!” I screamed to him furious “and if you call me one to my face I’ll punch you” I heard Muff laughing “bloody Sheila’s, I’ll give him Sheila’s right up the bloody ass” “calm down Jas, the guys American, enough said” I glared at her “I don’t care, he shouldn’t be calling us Sheila’s because that’s so degrading” I looked back towards the stage and noticed they had all ran off and a video was starting. “The things we did, the things we said, kept coming back to me and making me smile again, you showed me how, to face the truth, everything’s that good in me I owe to you” and on the big screen came pictures of the group from when they first got together, Kevin with his dad, AJ with his grandmother and other bits. I looked at the screen and got teary eyed “this song is so beautiful” I said to no one in particular “yeah..” came Muffs muffled response which caused me to look at her “oh hun it’s ok” I said and wrapped my arms around her. Losing her grandmother had been hard on Muffy and this song wasn’t making it any easier for her right now.

~~ Muff ~~

I hadn’t mean to cry, I tried to stop myself, telling myself now was not the time; I should be happy after all I’m seeing BSB for the first time but this song...I couldn’t help but cry, remembering what a great person I’d lost in my grandmother. She had always been there for me and was always my favourite grandparent growing up. I sniffled as my head laid on Jasmine’s shoulder “I can’t be sad, not tonight” I said in a muffled voice “it’s ok hun, just let it all out...the boys won’t mind and what you miss now you’ll see in Sydney” she tried to reassure me “I’m meant to be happy, the bsb are here, not crying” I sighed. I knew I was making myself worse and if I kept going I’d probably give myself a asthma attack. I looked over Jas’ shoulder and saw that the video had stopped and smiled “I think I’m alright now” I said trying to convince myself more than anyone “ok, if your sure” Jas said letting go of me “yeah..thanks” I smiled at her “any time hun that’s what Backstreet Chicks do for each other” I had to laugh, she was always coming up with these names for us.