- Text Size +
~~ Steph ~~

The next morning because Muff had to work and Jas was going to hang with her best friend for the day Jas dropped Alana and I off at the theme park Movie World, they had just opened a new rollercoaster there and I was pumped to try it. “You two have fun and I’ll pick you up from here at 3:30, ok?” Jas asked leaning over into the passenger seat so she could yell to us “Ok Jas, see you at 3:30” I said waving her bye as she drove out of the parking lot. I turned to Alana, so shall we do the rollercoaster first?” she laughed “as if you’re going to get me on that thing” I sighed “come on Al, it’s not like you’ll die from height fright” she shook her head violently “no way Steph, just not gonna happen” I sighed in defeat, did I mention Alana is scared of heights? “alright well you can wait here while I go on it a few times, I’m not sure when I’ll be back in Brissy so want to get a few rides in before the park gets packed at lunch time” “I’ll be here, just don’t take too long because I do want to get my $30 worth of rides” I laughed “yeah yeah ok don’t get your knickers in a knot girl” she just laughed as I started to walk to the Superman: Escape entrance.

~~ Alana ~~
So there I was waiting for Stephanie to get off that stupid rollercoaster that she’s already ridden 4 times when my mobile started playing Hang Tough by New Kids On The Block “Hello?” I answered holding the phone as close to my ear as I could so I could hear properly “its me. Get in here NOW” “what? Why? You know I don’t..” “NOW Alana! Just do it! Trust me! I’m up near the front now HURRY!” Steph hanged up and I was left just looking at the phone, what on earth could she want me in there for? I walked into the entrance for Superman: Escape and started searching for Steph when I saw what she was talking about. I stood there and stared at them for a few seconds “excuse me? Are you in this line?” someone asked me, knocking me out of my trance “oh umm..I’m looking for my friend so no not really in the line..yet..umm..sorry” I took a side step, letting the lady and her two kids past me and that’s when I heard it “ALANA! Over here” there was Steph waving her arm like the idiot that she is, screaming my name to get my attention. Unfortunately it got everyone else’s attention to. Oh boy. How embarrassing. I had to walk past the very reason why I was in there in the first place to get to Steph “ok you’ve got me here now what?” I asked giving her a look “we’re going for a ride” she said grinning “ohh no, I’m not going on that…thing. I told you already” she grinned and pointed to behind me before turning herself around to face the ride attendant who was telling us what to do “Alright guys, line up at the first gate, 4 people to a gate” I looked at Steph who was still grinning, what is she up too? “how many people?” the ride op asked us “two” Steph said “gate 5” we proceeded to gate 5, which wouldn’t you know turns out to be the very front carriage? I knew what was going to happen, there was 4 spots and 5 of them, one of them would jump with us.

“Hey do you guys mind if we join you?” I looked at him with my mouth gaping open. No way! “Of course not” Steph said “the more the merrier” was she nuts? The more the merrier? “thank you” then he looked at me with those chocolate brown eyes of his and I just smiled at him and he smiled back “been on this before?” he asked me “um no, not exactly” I said sheepishly “not exactly?” “well you see I’m umm, I’m kind of afraid of heights. I’d rather my feet stayed on the ground then be..well, up there” I said pointing to the roof “Oh I see” he turned to his friend and I looked at Steph, was she laughing at me?

~~ Steph ~~

I was laughing SO hard on the inside; Alana didn’t know what to think! There we were getting ready to ride Superman: Escape the rollercoaster and here were the Backstreet Boys going on the same run we were on when all of a sudden Howie asked if him and AJ could join us. I thought Alana was going to freak out! It was priceless! We sat down in the rollercoaster seats, I had so much trouble getting my restraint down, they were over the shoulder ones and weighed a bloody ton; not good if you’re weak like I am but thankfully the ride op helped me “thanks a lot” I smiled at him “no problem, it’s my job” he laughed and I just smiled “so are you ready for some serious rollercoaster air?” AJ asked me which got me laughing “serious rollercoaster air? Why AJ anyone would think you were a RC fanatic” he laughed as the train started to roll out of the station and into the ‘subway’ “just so you know Steph” Alana said from the very front “I’m going to kill you when we get off, ok?” I looked at AJ and we both just laughed “what ever you say, Al” we descended into the subway and were near the end “now what?” AJ asked me just as ‘Superman’s’ voice came over the speaker system “don’t worry folks, I’ll get you out of here, sit back, keep your arms and leg inside the car at all times and hold on tight” and swooooosh, blasting out of the subway area, going from 0-100K’s in 2 seconds, we were off, heading over the top hat, it felt like we stopped on the very top for 5 seconds or more but we really didn’t, it’s all a part of gravity. Rolling our way down the first hill and into the first bunny hop hill Alana was screaming the whole time. I noticed we were nearing the tunnel entrance “after this tunnel when we go around the corner there’s a camera that takes your picture” I screamed to AJ, Howie and Alana “Oh perfect!” Alana yelled back “not only do I have to know I went on this ride but I’ll have picture proof” AJ and I just snickered to each other. 30 seconds later we were back at the drop off station, Alana was going on to Howie about how high that all was, even though the highest point was only 60 metres and Howie was just taking it in. We walked out and I looked at Alana “soo how was it?” she glared at me “never again miss Stephanie Marie!” and stormed off towards a seat. I looked at AJ and he just shook his head and thanked me for being a great RC partner which made me smile “pleasure was all mine” I went over to Alana “enough coasters for today, please?” she begged “um well there’s still two more coasters I want to go on before we leave..” she just rolled her eyes “how about we go do Scooby then? It’s a nice indoor coaster, it’s not scary at all” I smiled to myself; not scary if you are use to mad mouse type of rides, that is.