- Text Size +
~~ Alana ~~

So here we were; in line for Scooby-Doo something Coaster, I have no idea how Steph talked me into it but she said it’s not scary so against my better judgment I’m going on this thing. “I love how it goes backwards daddy” a little girl, couldn’t be more than 6 said to her father, I looked at Steph who had a sheepish smile on her face “backwards? This thing goes BACKWARDS!?” the little girl looked up at me “yes it does and it goes sideways!” I swallowed the lump in my throat. Great, just great “shhh sweetie, let’s not spoil it for those that haven’t had a chance to ride Scooby yet, ok?” “oh oops. I’m sorry” she said to me and I just gave her a fake smile. This thing goes backwards???

~~ Steph ~~

I felt an inch tall as we got into the Scooby ride, I had plans of telling Alana about it going backwards once we were on the ride; then she couldn’t back out but that little girl spoiled it but thank fully Alana is still coming on with me. Our train took off and Alana let out a little scream “it’s ok, it’s all just lights and music…nothing too scary” “it looks like a ghost train!” she screamed and I laughed “I suppose it does” we went around a corner and then she saw the ‘axe’ “Oh my god we’re gonna get chopped up” as we went under it she covered her head and I was laughing so hard I forgot about the camera until the flash went off. “That would make a great picture for our Road Trip scrapbook” she punched me in the arm “no more surprises, please?” “ok, there’s just one backwards drop and then another three dips and we’re out” Alana let out a sigh and I smiled. This was turning out to be a great day already.

~~ Alana ~~

Our car went onto the elevator, as Steph called it and we started to move upwards but then the thing started to tilt to the left and then the right “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” I screamed, Steph, as usual just laughed “here we go Al, I hope you are ready for backwardness” I turned my head and yep sure enough, our car was going to free fall backwards. Oh boy. “Here we go” she said putting her hands in the air “ahhhhhhhhhhh” I screamed again. A few more turns and twists and dips and we were at this part where Scooby says ‘escape down here’ only I couldn’t see WHERe he was talking about! Steph said we were going “under then out” but I had no idea what that meant? Suddenly our car jerked forward and sure enough we went down a dip (which hurt my back, might I add) and that was it, that was the end of the ride. “So how’d you like that? She asked me as we were getting out “better then the last ride” I said walking into the Scooby merchandise shop “Alana look at this” she said pointing to our so called picture on the monitor in the shop “oh god, I look so scared” “you WERE scared” she said laughing which just led me to hit her “shut up” “alright let’s go on the falls then we can go on the roller coaster and maybe get some lunch?” she said looking at her watch “sounds good to me”

~~ Steph ~~

We approached Wild West Falls and just stood and watched the people coming out “seems like they’ve got the jets up high today” I said walking into the entrance to the ride “it’s pretty hot today” Alana said “yeah, the wetter the better, right?” “right” we only had to wait 20 minutes before we got on and boy was this ride over due. After we got into the flume we were strapped in with a lap bar and on our way. We went up the first lift hill and the doors closed behind us, we started turning around and Alana looked at me “another backwards ride?” she asked and I nodded “this is the best one though” Ahhhhhhhh came the screams from Alana and other people on the ride, I just held my hands up and screamed wooohooo instead. We got to the second lift hill and started going up..it was a slow walk to China, let me tell you when all of a sudden we stopped in the middle of the tunnel, in total darkness. Alana panicked “Steph! What happened!?” “it’s ok, don’t panic. They probably just stopped us because we were too close to the flume in front, they don’t want us to bang into them. It’s all good” I looked around and prayed that was it; please don’t be a mechanical problem. A few seconds later we were on our way “see, it’s ok” I smiled at Alana. “This is the end guys, there’s a camera on the left just as we’re going down the hill so make good use of it” Alana looked at me and I smiled. We decided instead of putting our hands up, we’d just do what was now called the “Spynkter move” (every finger & thumb is down against your palm except your index and pinkie) and smile at the camera. “Backstreet Rocks” we screamed as the camera went SNAP and our flume went SPLAT into the water. Getting out we discovered we were totally soaked, that’s front row for you though! Alana laughed “that was soooo fun” I nodded in agreement “now do you want lunch now or the other coaster first?” she looked at me “coaster it is then”.