- Text Size +
~~ Jas ~~

I pulled into the Movie World parking lot at 3:40, I hope Steph and Alana didn’t mind waiting the extra ten minutes for me, I really did mean to leave Karen’s place when I said I was going too but we just got caught up in our talks that I almost forgot I had to pick the girls up. I looked over to where I had dropped them this morning and I smiled as I saw the two of them sitting on a bench, waiting. “hey, I’m SO sorry I’m late I was with Karen and we..hey...why are you guys totally drenched?” they looked at each other and laughed “long story” Steph said climbing into the back seat with Alana right behind her. “Steph, Alana this is my best friend in the entire world; Karen. Karen meet Steph and Alana” I said introducing the girls to my best friend, Karen “wow, you really ARE short” Karen said as she said hello to Steph, “yeah well, you know what they say…good things come in small packages” we all laughed; Steph loved using that line and at 4’11 who could blame her? “unless of course that package is on a guy then it’s a bad thing” Karen interjected which made us laugh even harder “Karen!” I scolded. We were on our way back to Muffs when we decided to drop in on her work and offer her a lift home, even though she only lived a 5 minute walk from her work. “Hey, is Muff ready yet?” I asked Sophie, one of Muff’s co workers “mmm nope, I don’t think so..she’s out the back in the store room..I’ll go see” “ok thanks” I said as she walked off. “So Karen who is you’re favourite?” Steph asked in an attempt to get to know her better “Howie, the gorgeous man that he is” Steph giggled “I’m surrounded by Howie and Nick lovers!” “and don’t you forget it” I smacked her playfully on the arm. “Hey guys, I’ll be ready in 5, take a seat” Muff came out and informed us “ohh we can take a seat with us? Sweet. I always knew Maccas was nice and rewarding” Muff just rolled her eyes and went back behind the counter.

~~ Muffy ~~

I was so over working this week, I couldn’t wait for this road trip; I NEEDED a holiday! After I finished my shift I decided to order a burger, I hadn’t eaten all day and was feeling a little woozy except if I had known the guys in front of me were going to take 20 years to order their meals I would have had some fried noodles when I got home. I thought about this road trip, not only was it going to be my first time seeing the Backstreet Boys but it was going to be my first time travelling around Australia in a car, full of females who I only just met. I should have been more nervous than I was but truth of the matter; I was excited. It could have been the excitement of seeing the boys for the first time or it could just be because for the first time in a long time I’m going to be independent; no parents, no siblings, no rules. Just the open road, the girls, the Backstreet Boys and I. Life couldn’t be any more sweeter! We piled into the car for the 5 minute drive back to my house and I noticed Steph and Alana were whispering to each other, what was all that about? I thought. “Hey guys? Did you want to do Nick’s video tonight?” Steph asked from the back seat “Mmm yeah, might be a good idea to just record our messages to him while we’re all together considering Karen isn’t coming to the other concerts” Jas looked at us all from the driver’s seat “sounds good” I said wanting nothing more than to go to sleep right now but knowing I couldn’t.

“How was MW?” I asked Steph as we climbed out of the car at my house and went inside “it was pretty good, wasn’t really that packed and thankfully WWF was working so we got drenched” I laughed; Steph loved theme parks so I wasn’t too surprised when she told us she was going there while I had to work, the more coasters the park had the better Steph liked it. “How’d you enjoy it Alana?” “Oh yeah..it was ok..well, it wasn’t all that bad, I just don’t care for heights” I looked at Steph “Superman?” she just nodded and I laughed. Superman was a new rollercoaster that only just opened at Movie World last month; it was the first LIM launch coaster in Australia going from 0-100Kms in 2 seconds so it was very popular with local and international tourists alike. “How was superman?” “you HAVE got to go on it Muff, it’s soo awesome. Cyclone has nothing on this ride, not even LW has anything on it” she grinned at me and I just smiled gathering some clothes to have a shower with, “sweet, we’ll have to check it out Jas” I said turning to Jasmine and Karen who were in their own little world.

~~ Steph ~~

We were just lazing about Muffs room doing absolutely nothing when we decided to listen to B105, just as we turned it on the D.J started talking about the boys “and get ready Australia because the Backstreet Boys have finally hit our shores; the boy group landed last night and are now currently relaxing at a undisclosed location. The boys are playing to a sold out crowed at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre tomorrow night before they head off to Sydney, Adelaide and then to Melbourne where their Never Gone Tour ends after a 9 month tour around the world.” “I can’t believe they came in last night!” Muff said “ohh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys” I giggled and looked at Alana “we ran into the guys today at Movie World” “are you serious?” Karen asked “totally. They were lining up for superman when I noticed them, that’s how I got Alana to go on. She shared her seat with Howie” I looked at Alana who was now going red in the face “Howie!? my Howie!?” Karen looked at Alana who just nodded and I laughed “yeah and then we went on lethal weapon with them; it was by total uh ‘mistake’ because they just happened to come line up when we did and then they just joined us on wild west falls…which was quite funny because I thought AJ was going to pass out from the look of the main drop” “oh my god that’s so bloody awesome” Jas said looking up from her laptop “I know, it was a day well worth $30” I said laughing.