- Text Size +
~~ Steph ~~

About an hour later we were walking out of Sizzlers and back to Muffs car “time to head to the BEC” “think we got any chance of getting into SC?” I asked the other girls “mmm who knows, they were letting in everyone overseas but they could have changed that for ours” “yeah that’ll be right too; when have we ever gotten the same treatment the US and Europe fans have had?” “never?” Jas said shrugging her shoulders “I don’t see what the big fuss is about, I think we get treated the same as the Europe and US fans” Karen said from the back seat “oh sure we have, we’re getting our 5th BSB Tour now, aren’t we?” I rolled my eyes; if it was one thing the Australian fans did NOT get it was equal treatment as fans in terms of tours and promotions; in fact the boys have only been to Australia twice in the 11 years they’ve been around “Ok so this is our first concert tour but it’s a start, right?” Karen interjected “sure it’s a start; it just took them 10 years to figure out that there is indeed a Country who has loved and supported them since 1995 waaaaay down on the map there called Australia” “Aren’t you being a bit harsh Steph? It’s not the boys fault they haven’t toured until now” Muff said from the driver’s seat “I know” I said looking out the car window.

~~Alana~~
We all piled out of the car and headed over to where we saw a crowed gathering, assuming that’s where soundcheck people were lining up. “hey is this the line up for soundcheck?” Muff asked “no, this is just the back entrance to the arena; the soundcheck lineup is out the front up there” we looked to where she had pointed and headed off towards the entrance thanking her. “Come on boys and girls, if you have a pass to soundcheck then please come here and collect your wristbands now; the faster you do this the faster we can get underway” some guy was yelling to everyone piled around him “if you don’t have a wristband may I ask that you step back and let those with the wristbands come forward” I looked around, there was heaps of people here “have to be at least 50 people here” I said to Mufff “looks that way, it’s pretty packed” “I hope Sydney isn’t like this” Steph said taking a seat on a nearby bench “me too otherwise there’s no real point in going, I mean besides seeing them up close” “lets do the video for Nick” “Ok”

So here we were sitting around the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on January 28th, 2006 making a video for a guy we’ve never met before; of course this was no ordinary guy this was Nick Carter and today was his 26th birthday, he was going to be spending it performing for us at tonight’s concert so we decided like many other Australian fans to give him a birthday present. We were making a video of ourselves just to say how much the BSB mean to us and how thankful we are for them touring, finally.

“Hey Nick, I’m Jas and I just wanted to wish you a happy 26th birthday mate! I hope it’s everything you wanted and so much more and I hope you don’t mind sharing it with us lovely Aussie’s, I’m sure the roof is going to be off seeing as this is your first concert here. Have a great day and don’t drink too much alcohol” she looked over at us and we were laughing “what?” “nothing” I said looking over to where the soundcheck people had gone “alright who’s next?” Muff said setting the camera up for the next victim “I’ll go” Karen said sitting down “alright” “Hey guys, I’m Karen, just wanted to thank you SOOO much for finally touring Australia; you have no idea what it means to us, it’s freaking cool as and I love you guys more for it. Nick duuuuuude, grats on 26 buddy! Make it a good one; get drunk; get laid; go crazy dude, you deserve it. Happy birthday” she smiled at the camera and then stood up “how was that?” I looked at Steph who seemed to be deep in thought, probably thinking about what she was going to say “it was great, you did a good job” “that’s why we call her straight to the point, Karen” we laughed. “Okk..Steph?” Steph took a seat and looked at the camera.

~~ Steph ~~

I was so nervous; I had no idea what I was going to say except thanks for touring and happy birthday nick, maybe that’s all I should say? Maybe that’s all the guys need? I took a deep breath “Hey guys I’m Steph and like the other girls I just wanted to first thank you for finally touring Australia, it really does mean a lot to us that you guys know we’re here and that we love you heaps, I think the sold out shows speak for themselves. Nick, I really can’t believe it’s been ten years, I was just eleven years old when I first heard the music of the backstreet boys and now here you are turning 26, it’s so un real but I hope you have an amazing time and I hope you enjoy Australia and what she has to offer, especially our beaches because we have some of the best in the world and I know you’ll enjoy them. Don’t get drunk too much, last thing we want is another BSB in rehab! You guys are absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to finally see you on stage for the first time since I’ve been a fan tonight, I already know it’ll be a great show because you guys are the Backstreet Boys” I smiled and waved goodbye and let out a breath “oh god that was so nerve wracking” Muff looked at me “that was really really good” “thanks. Your turn!” I grabbed the camera and grinned as she started to protest “now now muffster, if we have to do this then so do you, besides Nick is your man and it’s his birthday.. don’t you want to wish him a happy birthday?” I grinned knowing she wouldn’t back down “ok ok so let’s get this show on the road” she said sitting down ready to record her message.

“Happy Birthday Nick! Hope that you had a great day and have a great time here in Australia... if you need someone to show you around ask me *laughs* I’m Muffy by the way and like the other girls have already said thanks for touring Australia, you guys rock. Don’t make us wait another ten years though, I couldn’t handle that! Byeee!” she waved at the camera and laughed as I switched it off “oh my god too funny” I said in fits of giggles “I know but one of us had to be the goofy one.. you guys were too serious” it was now Alana’s turn to give her message “Hey guys, I’m Alana and I won’t bore you by saying thank you for touring Australia, it means a lot to us Aussie fans..” “you just did!” I yelled to her “yes well as I was saying..” she said looking from me back to the camera “Nick, happy 26th birthday, I hope it’s everything you wanted and you get a shit load of awesome stuff that you can actually use and I hope you don’t think this tape is too corny; it’s our way of thanking you guys and telling you how much you mean to us without actually saying it to your face, which in the end works out better because I’m so shy I’d probably squeak like a mouse or something so enjoy this video and take it for what it is worth and that’s just a video made by five Aussie fans who love and appreciate you guys more then you’ll ever know. Thanks for touring and come back soon” I stopped recording and smiled “that’s all of us then”

We walked over to near the front doors and the soundcheck people came piling out “how was it?” I asked a girl walking past us “oh, it was pretty awesome. They sang 4 songs, we could take pictures of them and then we got to ask questions and that was it but it was pretty good! Are you guys going to one?” “Yeah Sydney and Adelaide, can’t wait” “well enjoy it, it’s really good” “thanks, cya” “cya later” I turned around and looked at the girls “not long to go now guys” I said practically jumping up and down. “calm down Steph otherwise you’ll be bouncing off the walls” Jas said standing up trying to get me to sit down “I think it’s a bit late for that” I smiled at Karen “hello? There’s going to be five members of the Backstreet Boys standing right in front of me for the first time ever if my whole life; what’s not to get excited about!?” I said eyeing them all “and the fact that I’m 2nd row well..boo ya!” I giggled as they just rolled their eyes.