- Text Size +
~~ Alana ~~

“Thanks so much you guys! You’ve been a awesome crowed and I look forward to seeing some of you in Sydney! Enjoy the boys and see ya soon, Brisbane” she walked off the stage and the lights came on “that was so much fun” Steph said taking a seat, out of breath “it was” I said smiling at her “now for the real fun part; toilet break” I stood up as Steph laughed “have fun in their hun” she called after me but I didn’t respond. I walked into the toilets to a interesting conversation “did you hear that the boys spent yesterday at Movie World?” “yeah and they were with these two girls.. no one knows who they are or where they’re from but I’m going to be so mad if Nick and AJ have girlfriends!” said the blonde one “for real..the two girls apparently aren’t famous so they are just ordinary people so who knows why they were with the guys, everyone knows Nick prefers celebs” I gulped and realized that I was still standing in the door way “excuse me” I said walking up to the girls “is there any pictures of those two girls you were talking about?” they looked me up and down “umm no there’s not but if they’re hanging around the boys then it won’t take long to get their picture and I swear if one of them is going out with Alex I’ll…well..you know what I mean” she smiled at me and I smiled back “yeah..well thanks” I said walking into a cubicle thankful that no one managed to get any pics of Steph and I with the guys.

~~ Steph ~~

I went over to the other girls who were still excited from Kate’s performance “hey Steph! Did you see? Did you see Kate point and wave at us?” “she did?” I asked as they all screamed “yes!” “sweet, did you wave back?” “wave back? What are we some kind of obsessed fans?” I laughed “and if it was Nick?” “if it was Nick I would have waved” “what are you, some kind of obsessed fan?” I grinned at Muff as she crossed her arms “I am so not obsessed, it’s love!” “uh huh, I believe it when I see it hun”

I walked back to my seat and noticed Alana sitting there “hey, was there a crowed?” she looked at me “mmm what? Oh no no..no crowed..” “you ok?” she looked behind us and leaned over towards me “people know about how the boys went to Movie World and how two girls were seen hanging around with them and these two girls I was talking to in the toilet were saying if they find out that Nick and Alex have girlfriends they’ll…” she trailed off “they’ll what?” I asked looking around “you know..how jealous fans can get..” I rolled my eyes “oh please, it’s not like we did anything with them; we just went on some roller coasters and had lunch with them, we didn’t go back to their hotel room and have our way with them” she sighed “yeah but still..I’m glad no one took pics of us though..don’t think I would have been able to stay in that toilet if they knew it was me” I shook my head “ok Alana look, if fans come up to you and question you about it, just say “yeah we ran into them on superman and they were basically following us around; we kept bumping into them everywhere we went and they asked if they could hang with us..you don’t gotta give them any more details then that and if they ask for some that’s when you walk away and say sorry you gotta go, ok?” I turned my head around to see if anyone was listening to us “ok Steph.. I’ve just never done this before, that’s all” “yeah, it kinda shows hun but don’t worry”

~~ Karen ~~

So here we were; the very first Backstreet Boys concert in Australia, the crowed was quite huge, the concert was sold out so if I had to guess I’d say there’s roughly 9,000 fans here.. which doesn’t sound like much but for a Country that’s had hardly any Backstreet love over the last 10 years it’s damn good. The crowed started with the Backstreet Boys chant and naturally we all joined in, “9pm my ass” I said getting frustrated with the whole backstreet time, “just come on that stage so I can see Howie already!” Muff and Jas laughed “anxious much?” “who me? Not at all” after that the lights went down and a really awesome beat started then the screen flickered on with some footage from backstage and Millennium tour “Brisbane are you readyyyyy?” we heard AJ scream from somewhere as we all screamed in response. A spotlight came on and the guys popped up on the stairs, I screamed so loud I thought my lungs were going to burst!

~~ Steph ~~

Oh my god! Talk about a rush! When the lights went off everyone rushed up to the barrier and oh my god, it was like Flinders Street Station during peak hour! The guys came up on the stairs and I wanted to cry and scream at the same time, this was it after ten years of being a devoted and dedicated fan I was finally seeing the most awesomest band in the whole world live IN concert IN Australia! I never thought this day would come. I screamed as AJ and Brian came and stood right in front of me as they belted out The Call “Come on Brisbane let me hear you sing along” Nick said walking over to the left side of the stage “listen baby I’m sorry, just wanna tell you don’t worry, I will be late, don’t stay up and wait for me” I screamed out the lyrics along with Alana and we started jumping up and down when the intro chords for My Beautiful Women started “they’re shaking their butts!” Alana screamed to me and pointed towards the boys which just made me shake my head and laugh “oh god, just what the world needs…Backstreet butts” Alana laughed and screamed along with the rest of the crowed.

The boys ran off the stage and the video clip for Don’t Want You Back came on, it was bits and pieces of the guys from the Millennium Tour, which I’ve never really seen so I stood there and sang along watching the pictures go by. “This is one of my favourite song’s from Millennium” I told Alana “mine too” “so wish they did that concert here...” “yep but never mind, we have them now!” she said looking towards the stage as some lights flickered and the intro beat to Siberia started “OMG SIBERIA” I screamed as Brian and Howie came rising from the bottom of the stairs and started singing “when you come back I won’t be here she said, and gently pulled me near, if you wanna talk, you can call, and no it’s not your fault” I smiled, I loved this song and I love the meaning of it, Never Gone was full of emotional songs that anyone can relate too. I looked over at Alana who was singing along to the chorus and I grabbed her arm and entwined her fingers with mine and put them both in the air as we swayed along while Kevin sang his part “I gave myself away completely, but you just couldn’t see me, though I was sleeping in your bed” then this white stuff came down from the roof… it was like the stuff they make from bubbles “you know this is turning out to be a fun concert” Alana said to me as we tried to grab some bubbles and failing miserably “yeah, and we still have three more to go!” I laughed as the boys finished singing Siberia and started talking to us.