- Text Size +
“There you are, you beautiful sexy thang, come to papa!”

Oh, man I love this bed! Seriously, it’s so much better than the piece of crap I have at home. I know this tour was supposed to be exhausting and all, but I think I’ve gotten more sleep in these last 100 hours than I usually do. I don’t know why, but… its just so… “Oh, God, that’s nice. Oh yeah.”

What was I saying? Oh, that’s right, it’s… just… so… zzzzzzz…

***

Damn it AJ! How on Earth do you do that?! Is it too much to ask to get even a half an hour of peace? I just told everyone not five minutes ago that I was going to take a nap and they damn well better let me or they’d all regret it! I’ve given up the bed every single time I’ve laid down, and I’m going to get some sleep if it kills me. It was my idea to ask for a damn bed in the first place!

“AJ!”

“Mmm? What is it, baby?”

Oh good Lord! “A-“ Wait, what am I doing? I know better than to wake up AJ. Cranky AJ is a hundred times worse than cranky Kevin. At least with cranky Kevin the show still goes on… On time!

“Oh well.” I haven’t had a chance to sleep on it yet and this is the last leg, “what’s a couple more hours?”

No! You’re always giving into these boys, Kev! You deserve a good rest as much as he does. Stick to your guns, man. You’re not really his father, you know. It’s not your responsibility to please everyone else all the time. You have needs too. “It is a really big bed.”

But it is AJ. You never know with him… But he is all the way over by the window… If I just stay all the way over here, I should be fine. “Oh, God this is a comfortable bed.”

Ok, maybe I’ll just test it out for a little while… What’s the worst that could happen… I mean… it’s not… like he’s gonna… zzzzzzzz…

***

I am so grateful that we did this. It’s been the most amazing experience. I can’t believe that it’s almost over already. After that first night it really felt like it would never end, but it just flew by and now we’re almost to New York. The last stop. And tomorrow I’ll have my own hotel room. And then the day after that… “Home!”

And it’s a good thing too. I’ve never been more exhausted in all my life. I can’t wait to climb into that bad for a little while. It really was a brilliant idea on Kevin’s part to ask for a place to sleep other than the reclining chairs. I’ll have to make sure I thank him for that. Maybe after I take a short –

“Oh man.”

I really shouldn’t laugh, but poor Kevin. I don’t think he’s spent enough time on this bed yet to realize that you don’t sleep next to AJ. I’ve got to get this on film. Damn! Kev had my camera and I have no idea where he put it. Oh well. Knowing my luck the picture would leak and they’d both kill me for it anyway. And that would just be mean. AJ would kind of deserve it, but poor Kev probably doesn’t even know what’s going on. And he did get us this bed… Ok, no picture. I’m not that mean.

Well shoot. What am I going to do now? I can’t lay down on the other side of AJ. But it’s such a comfy bed… And he is already cuddled up with Kev… Maybe if I just sneak really softly… and I just stay all the way over by this window…

Ok… yeah… this’ll work… Oh, man this is… such a nice… bed… zzzzzzzz…

***

Oh yeah, I got you this time! You are not beating me again! It’s bad enough that you school me on the court even though I’m a million inches taller than you. Haha you are such a shrimp. I can’t believe I was shorter than you when we met.

Oh, man that was crazy. I actually used to have to look up to you. And that was so funny how the guys threw me a party when I out grew you and you pouted like a little baby. Heh, just like you’re about to put now sucker! Wait! What the! Oh crap! “No!”

“Haha, told you I’d beat you!”

“You cheated!”

“I did not. I’m just better than you.”

Yeah? Well… You’re shorter! Yeah! Good one Nick, you should say that one. “Oh, yeah? Well, you’re shorter!”

“Not as short as your attention span!”

Damnit! He always gets me. Oh well, that’s why I love him. “One more game? I can beat you this time!”

“Sorry, Frack. I’m so tired I barely made it through that last one.”

Whatever! Is he trying to say he beat me half asleep? Pfft, he’s such a sore winner. “Wait, Bri? Where ya going?”

“I’m gonna go take a nap. Kev’s got to be asleep by now. I’m sure he won’t mind.”

Fine. Go. You just don’t want me to beat you again… Although…I am pretty tired too… and that’s a really comfy bed. I better snag a spot on it before Howie or AJ gets to it… Especially AJ! I gotta snag an end. Shoot! “Hey Bri, wait up!”

“What?”

“Race you to the room? Winner gets the end?”

Ha! Now I got him. He can never resist a challenge, and I have a way longer stride than him. Man that guy is so short. I kind of feel bad for him…

“Ok, readysetgo!”

Oh shit! “Hey!”

“Beat ya! I get the end!”

“You cheated!”

“Did not.”

“Did too!”

“Did not!”

“Did t-“ Oh my God! I am not seeing this! Oh man Kevin would have a hissy if he woke up right now!

“Oh man, Nicky, AJ’s so dead if Kevin wakes up.”

Dude, I just said that. Didn’t I? “I know! Well I’m not going to be the one to wake him up.”

Oh, man sleep… That sounds so nice. Nd they all look so comfy… Look out Howie, here I come!

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?”

“Laying down. Let go of my shirt! And stop talking before you wake them up and get us both in trouble!”

“But! I won! You have to sleep next to AJ.”

I don’t think so! “No way. The bet for one of the ends, this isn’t an end and I got here first.”

Oh yeah, this is nice. I dare that shrimp to try and move me. We’ll see how he likes losing for a change. “Come on B-Rok. There’s enough room for ya…. Right here next to AJ.”

“But AJ’s a cuddler!”

“So are you Bri. You’re a tummy sleeper. All tummy sleepers are cuddlers and I am not going to be in the middle of a Brian - AJ sandwich.”

“Fine. I’m gonna go sleep somewhere else. Have fun sleeping next to AJ.”

Oh man, he’s right. If he doesn’t lay down, I’m next to AJ. Shoot, maybe I should go sleep somewhere else too… Hey, wait a minute! I’m not falling for it! I’m not getting up so that he can steal my place. This bed is too comfortable to sleep in those damn chairs and he knows it. “Ok, then. Have a nice nap Bri! But watch out for those tray tables. They like to fall when it gets bumpy. Oh, and good luck getting the seat to recline all the way back.”

And now to add the final touch… “Mmmm, so comfortable… man I’m so sleepy… I could just sleep forever on this bed.”

And I really could. It’s just… so… comfy… zzzzzzzz…

***

Why do I always give in? Because it’s Nicky, that’s why. And he’s just so gosh darn cute trying to be all stubborn. Ha! We both know I could have made him move over if I really wanted to. But I’m a nice band mate, and I did just whoop the snot out of him on the playstation. I know he hates that. Oh well. He’s right, this is way more comfortable than sleeping in a chair… And AJ seems pretty content with holding Kevin. Maybe I’ll be safe.

Man, this is a really comfy bed… Its just… so… com…

WHAT THE! “Ugh! AJ! Get off me!”

“Oh, come on baby, just ten more minutes.”

Oh sweet Jesus! I am NOT sleeping like this! Pillow… Pillow… Where is that big pillow? Oh, there it is! Good! “Psst, AJ.”

Come on man… Take the pillow… The nice big soft pillow…

Littrell goes for the fake! McLean appears to be falling for it. He’s reaching for the pillow… Rolling over… “Mmmm, yeah baby, that’s much better.”

He shoots, he scores! I’m free! And that is how the game is played folks! Oh, man, Nick’s right. This is a really… comfortable… bed… zzzzzzzzz…

***

THUMP!

What in God’s name!? Who the hell just pushed me off the bed?! That’s it! I can’t take it anymore! “Whoever just did that is seriously getting an ass whoop-“



Oh, you guys. What am I supposed to do now…



SNAP!

Now there’s one for the books. Man I love these guys. God, I’m such a softie… Extremely uncomfortable captains chair, here I come. Oh, well. What’s a few more hours.


Photobucket