- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick gets Adie a promise ring for her birthday
He hadn’t slept much after his talk with his sister, instead choosing to sit in the studio and work on a few song ideas in his head. He managed to sneak back downstairs and hang the balloons and banners without bumping into anyone else and was shocked when the clock read five am. It was futile going to bed now, he would only wake up grumpy and he didn’t want to ruin her birthday by doing that so he made some coffee and headed back towards the large studio on the second floor, making a mental note to keep an eye on the clock so he could make her breakfast in bed.

He placed the headphones back to his ears and replayed the track, his head bobbing along to the beat, this kind of sound was definitely what he wanted his solo album to be like, more R’n’B, more pop not the failed attempt at rock like the last one was. He didn’t know what he had been thinking with that, he was quite clearly trying to be something he wasn’t. Yeah he loved rock music but he just was not able to capture that type of market with his “rock” stuff, his fans quite clearly didn’t like that type of music, well they wouldn’t have really been backstreet fans if they did, and to the people who liked the genre he had no credibility, he was the pretty boy-bander who danced instead of head banged. This time round was going to be different, he was going to stick to what he knew and the few songs he did have were already sounding great, he just needed a chance to produce them a bit more and that wasn’t really going to happen anytime soon.

He was so lost in his own world that he didn’t even hear her when she came in and called his name softly so he jumped when she placed her hands on his shoulder.

“Jesus,” he said as he quickly took of his headphones and turned to her.

“Sorry,” She laughed.

“What are you doing up it’s only six,” he said reaching round and wrapping his arm around her waist before bringing her to sit on his lap.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that question? Since when do you ever get up early?” She said wrapping her arms around his neck looking to the computer screen, “Oh so what Rachel said is true, I’m a logic eight widow.”

“No your not I just couldn’t sleep and I was planning on making you breakfast in bed but you thwarted that plan,” he told her his hands rubbing up and down her thighs.

“Breakfast is overrated, presents are soooooooo much better,” she hinted and he rolled his eyes.

“You’re too old for presents,” he joked wincing when she smacked him hard on the shoulder.

“You are older then me in case you’ve forgotten, now where are my presents?” she said and he just shook his head at her.

“Spoilt brat. Okay for the first one you have to get off me and sit on the couch,” he told her.

“Sex does not count as a birthday present,” she told him as she reluctantly got off his lap and headed towards the overstuffed brown leather couch that was situated in the corner of the room.

“I’ll remember that when you want it later,” he said smiling devilishly as he picked up the guitar before sitting back down and getting comfortable, adjusting the strings slightly. “Okay so since you bought me my birthday present and told me to write a song about you-”

“I never TOLD you to,” she cut in.

“Shut up and let me finish. I did write one for you,” He cleared his throat before he began to strum and sing making her mouth fall open indignantly a scowl forming on her face. “I like big butts and I cannot lie, all you other broth- hey,” he said when the cushion hit his head.

“You bastard my ass isn’t huge,” she whined.

He giggled as he threw the cushion back to her, “I was just playing baby, I promise this time I’ll sing your song okay?”

“You better,” she pouted.

“You know…I’ve always had a hard time in opening up to people and I guess…just really listen to the words okay?” He said and she nodded as he began to strum and sing.

“I'm not gonna to patronise ya
But trying to write down why I like ya
It doesn't make it any better
To just steal kind words off Phil Spector

And I know all these tired clichés
But I don't know which cliché to say
Because clichés don't have any impact
So I guess I will be matter-of-fact

Cos...It's so good to know ya
I just don't know how to show ya

I love you, you know that
Don't you?
I love you

I'm so sorry that I'm losing
When other boys would leave you swooning
When I finally get my words together
I choke and they are gone forever

But words are words and they mean nothing
Surely I love you counts for something!
So let's be hasty, and let's be reckless
Just being with you leaves me breathless.”


She giggled when he actually said the last part breathless and tried to compose herself but she knew it was futile, she was going to be in tears at the end. This is what she had always wanted, a song written about her from the heart from the guy that loved her. Come on who wouldn’t? She never dreamt in a million years that it would come true but yet here she was.

“Cos...It's so good to know ya
I just don't know how to show ya

I love you, you know that
Don't you?
I love you

I love you, you know that
Don't you?
I love you

It's so good to know ya
I just don't know how to show ya

I love you, you know that
Don't you?
I love you

I love you, you know that
Don't you?
I love you.”


He finished playing the last chord and looked over to her and like he predicted a few tears were escaping her eyes, she was so predictable with stuff like this. He set the guitar back into it’s stand before making his way over to her but she stood before he could sit and wrapped her arms around him neck pulling him in close.

“Thank you,” she whispered before sniffing back her tears.

“So you liked it?” He asked wrapping his arms around her waist feeling her body against him. “Or are these tears because it sucked? You can be honest.”

“No I loved it,” she said leaning up to kiss him her hands entangling in his hair pulling him in closer, intensifying the kiss, her tongue running along his top lip until he partially opened his mouth so she could snake it in there, gently massaging his. He took the hint and trailed his hand up her ratty old PJ top, gently stroking the skin beneath as he lowered them both to the couch below them. He pulled away slightly breathless before he started trailing kisses down her cheek, following the line of her jaw before he began to nibble slightly on her ear making her moan in pleasure and frustration. It had been almost three weeks since they had been together and she was all about going crazy with his hands on her wishing that they had been able to do this last night as well but she had felt so rough, her damn ear infection making her hit the sack early and crashing as soon as her head hit the pillow. They could go slow later, right now she just needed him, so she began to tug at his boxers hoping he would get the hint.

“Impatient much?” he laughed pulling away from kissing her neck.

“I just don’t want to get interrupted,” she near on panted still trying to get his boxers down but he pulled away and made his way over to the door, noticing it was already locked he threw her a look.

“Hoping to get lucky were you?”

“Is that what this is?” She countered as she shed the pair of his boxers that she had claimed so long ago as her own, she knew she had him when his eyes bulged as she began to rub herself, he always liked to watch.

“Fuck,” he said under his breath watching as she attempted to get herself off, he himself becoming incredibly turned on at the sight before him. It was so erotic to watch her please herself, to know exactly what she needed to accomplish that task and he slowly made his way towards her dropping to his knees in front of her. “That feel good baby girl?” He asked as her breathing became more erratic and her fingers sped up.

She only nodded, a low groan escaping her lips when his hands began trailing up and down her thighs. She was so close, so, so close and that’s why she screamed in frustration when she felt him pull her hands away before one of his own large hands covered her mouth.

“Shhh, I thought you didn’t want to get interrupted,” he chastised.

“I didn’t,” she told him with a double meaning even more sexually frustrated now.

He rolled his eyes at her before swivelling her round so her wet pussy was in front of him, grabbing her legs and throwing them over his shoulders as he huskily told her, “but your fingers can’t feel as good as my tongue.”

Her only answer was a low moan from deep in her throat as he licked a path from the bottom of her pussy up, making time to nibble on her clit. God he was so good with his tongue and the little shit knew it too, hell half of the time when he was licking his lips or sticking his tongue out during concerts or interviews he knew it would be because she was watching. Right now though she didn’t care, he could be a cocky little shit as long as he got her off and he was right on track from that, his nose nudging her clit with every lick he made.

“Don’t stop…uhhhh,” she groaned, her hands entangling in his hair as she pushed herself further into his face, glancing down at him, his eyes meeting hers as he smirked. His left hand trailed her body, finally ending up teasing one of her nipples, while his right rested on her hip trying to keep her on the couch. She could feel herself teetering on the edge of loosing control and it felt so good and that’s when he pulled away and started kissing her inner thigh, making her again call out in frustration.

“Uh uh uh,” he chastised when she tried guiding him back to where she wanted him.

“Cunt tease,” she panted as she started to move her own hand back to her now almost throbbing centre but he was quicker and caught her hands in his, smirking devilishly at her. “Please Nick.”

“Please what?” He asked as he licked her thigh.

“Make me come, I’m so close,” She whispered sexily. His smile grew even wider as he made his way back to her pussy, licking in earnest and when he began to hum over her clit, that was when she lost all resolve, grabbing the nearest throw cushion and screaming his name into it. He continued to lick at her while she came down from her high before kissing his way back up to her mouth, claiming it in a searing kiss that again left her breathless.

Her hands roamed over his back, grinding her hips up against his making him moan with the friction that it caused against his erection. She un-tensed her muscles and slid them both to the floor so that she was sat with her back against the couch, him leaning on her slightly as they continued to kiss. She finally found the strength to push his shoulders and he took the hint, lying against the cold hard wood floor, making him shiver slightly from the coolness against his skin. She straddled him making sure to rub herself over his still boxer covered cock, making him almost whimper and herself moan.

“I want you,” he moaned huskily, his eyes turning a deeper shade of blue as he ran his hands through her hair. She smiled deeply leaning down to claim his mouth in hers for a quick peck before pulling away and trailing herself down his body, her dark hair making him squirm when it ticked it’s way down his torso. She heard him suck in a breath when she licked along the waist band of his boxers, his tummy was such a sensitive area for him, that and his neck, any contact there and you would get him squirming, he would literally be putty in your hands. She knew that he was starting to become inpatient by the way he started fidgeting, his hands coming to rest on the top of his boxers wanting to be rid of them. She took pity on him and started to tug at them herself, her pussy aching when she caught the first glimpse of his hard dick, how badly she wanted him inside of her, how she had missed this, but first she needed to get rid of the boxers. She trailed them down his legs and threw them across the room, smiling down at him making him laugh and then she slowly made her way back up his legs, taking him into her mouth, making him hiss at the sudden contact.

She licked at the head before bobbing her head back and forth vigorously making sure to take in all he had to offer.

“Yeah, feels so good,” he mumbled his hair entangling in her hair as he thrust up to meet her waiting mouth.

With one last lick she pulled away and moved to straddle him, sinking down on to him quickly, closing her eyes in ecstasy as she felt him fill her up. His hands were instantly on her hips, hers on his chest as she began slowly rocking back and forth against him.

“Oh yeah,” she moaned as she began to ride him that bit faster.

“You feel so tight,” He groaned thrusting up to meet her, pushing himself deeper inside her. The rocking continued, each of them hurtling towards the end quickly but neither wanting it to end quite so soon so she moved off of him, moaning when he slipped out of her before sitting on the edge of the couch, spreading her legs wide. He quickly got up from the position on the floor and knelt in front of her, lining himself up with her opening before he slowly pushed inside of her.

“Fuck…uhhhh….uhhh,” she cried, trying to be quiet so not to wake the others in the house but it was futile now, it just felt to good to keep quiet. She wrapped her legs around his middle, her arms wrapping round his shoulders and neck as she thrust herself forwards making sure that he was going a deep as possible. “You almost there?” She panted knowing she couldn’t take much more of this.

“Yeah,” he breathed back, slowing down. He knew it drove her crazy to be so close to getting what she wanted and then for him to back off and move excruciatingly slow but this feeling was just too good.

“Fucker,” she whined as she scratched her nails down his bare back. “Harder fuck me harder,” she begged and he smirked as he began to pick the pass up again. “That’s it, there, huhhhhhh huhhhhh.”

He felt her pulsate around him, squeezing his throbbing cock so tight that he knew any second he would be seeing the same stars that she was, feeling the same pleasure and sure enough, after one last hard thrust, he came deep within her, his cries muffled by burying his head into the crevice of her neck, while she bit down on his shoulder.

After a few minutes he pulled out of her and collapsed on the floor while she fell back against the couch totally breathless still. She threw her legs up on the other end of the couch and then glanced down at him still sprawled out on the floor, not missing the shudder that seemed to run through him.

“Cold?” She asked and he nodded as he moved and stood up, grabbing the large fleecy blanket that was on the top of the couch laying next to her and wrapping it round them when she moved to allow some space for him. She placed her head on his shoulder and flung her arm over his chest and she snuggled further under the blanket, his hand coming to rest on her abdomen.

“So is this all I’m getting for my birthday?” She asked.

“You’re so impatient,” he told her.

“What? I woke up extra early and you weren’t even in the same bed as me, I had to walk all the way here to find you.”

“Awwww poor baby,” he said kissing the side of her head as they drifted back into silence again.

“Huhmm,” she cleared her throat in reminder.

“Jezz alright okay,” he said as he swing his legs over the side of the couch making sure to take the warm fleecy blanket with him when he stood up.

“Hey!” she whined trying to grab for it.

“Nu uh you get the presents I get the blanket,” he told her as he wrapped it around himself before walking to the sound board to get the gifts that were sat there. He made his way back to her and sat back next to her rolling his eyes when she started tugging at the blanket again. He made himself more comfy and then shared the blanket with her pulling back the gift bag in his hand when she made an attempt to grab it.

“Party pooper,” she said sticking his tongue out at her.

“Just wait a second. There’s a present that I kind of need to explain to you a bit first. I know lately things haven’t been great between us, I know its been really difficult adjusting to being apart from each other as well and I just want you to know that I have been missing you like crazy.”

“I’ve missed you too,” she told him.

“Erm…you know…I find it really difficult to open up about things to you, to anyone Adie, I walked out on Angel when she tried to talk to me about stuff last night,” he admitted.

“So that’s why you were in here,” she said realising.

“Kind of… anyway I know I need to work on it but I just close off when I have to talk to you about it because…it’s not that I don’t want you to know, I just don’t like thinking about it and rehashing it all, it’s in the past,” he shrugged quickly silencing her when she was about to say something. “I know what you are going to say, it might be in the past but it’s still effecting me and I think I have realised that. I’m going to call my therapist and when I’ve finished this leg of the tour I want you to come to therapy with me.”

“You do?” She asked slightly shocked at his invite.

“Yeah I think I’ll find it easier to tell you about stuff if its more structured, you don’t have to come if you don’t want to,” he tried.

“No, no I want to come,” she smiled at him taking his hand and giving it a squeeze.

“That’s not your present by the way,” he said quickly making her laugh. “I needed to tell you that so that you didn’t think your present was an empty gesture. I know this isn’t the ring you wanted,” he said as he reached into the gift bag and pulled out the small box, “But right now it’s all I can offer.”

She took the box from him and opened the lid, gasping slightly when she saw it for the first time, “It’s beautiful,” she told him.



“You like it?” He asked and she nodded as she pulled it out of the box. “It’s a promise ring, it’s my promise to you that I’ll always love you and that I always want to be with you.”

“What does that mean?” She asked pointing to the inscription on the inside of the ring, A Ma Vie De Coer Entier.

“It means my whole heart for my whole life, I really mean that,” he said with a shy smile, it was one of her favourites of his, one she rarely saw, only when he let his softer side show. She placed the ring on her right hand, knowing if she placed it on her left, too many questions would be asked, making him uncomfortable and her angry, before wrapping her arms around him whispering a “thank you” in his ear.

“You’re welcome,” he said when she pulled back from him and gave him a quick kiss.

She didn’t know what else to say, she felt slightly torn knowing that even though this ring was beautiful it would always be tainted to her. He was right it wasn’t the one she wanted, she wanted the engagement ring but at least he was trying, this was his promise to her, she just hoped that it wasn’t an empty one.





Song credits:

I love you - Ordinary Boys
Chapter End Notes:
As always reviews are not mandatory but welcomed!