- Text Size +
Ok Foldaway let’s see if you responded yet or not. Lindsee thought as she logged onto AOL a hour later checking over her shoulder at her bedroom at the open door. So far Orlando hadn’t woken up or needed anything it gave her a minute to quickly check her e-mail. It was a little after midnight so she had any doubt that Orlando was going to wake up anytime soon.

Lindsee clicked on the mailbox icon seeing she did have a e-mail from Foldawaygirls-77 obviously it was going to be question he or she wanted to ask her. Quickly Lindsee opened the e-mail anxious to see what the question was.

Hey L41482,
I know that we have been exchanging e-mails for a while now. I don’t know if you have thought about this yet or not, but I think it is time that we meet face to face. I’m going to be in LA for while because of business. I don’t know if you are in LA at the moment or not, but if you are I would like to meet you. Write back.
Foldaway.

Lindsee reread the e-mail in shock oh shit! No this was not happening. Lindsee quickly grabbed her cell phone that was near her laptop quickly dialing Arden’s number. Arden had to be up at this hour or out at a club probably hooking up with Collin Farrell knowing her luck. Pick up, pick up Ard. Lindsee frantically thought as Arden’s cell rang twice before Arden answered.

“Hey Linds.” Arden replied with the sound of loud club music in the back round. “What’s up?”

“A lot I ended up working on my night off. My boss is now in my bedroom sleeping off God knows how many drinks. He went to a bar and got freaking plastered no idea why, but he apparently had enough of a brain to call me instead of getting behind the wheel of a car. I’ll find out when he’s sobber and hung over later today why he got drunk. I’m now sitting out here reading my e-mail and one e-mail I didn’t want to read as well or have dreaded.”

“Let me guess Foldaway wants to meet you?”

“You just want to hear me admit to you that you were right all along.” Lindsee muttered looking over her shoulder at her bedroom door.

“Pretty much, but I told ya so. So what are you going to do?”

“Figure a way how to get the hell out of meeting him or her or try to talk him or her out of it.”

“Ha, ha good luck. I’m surprised you are not in your room stripping the British stud of his clothes and fucking him.”

“Oh shut up he doesn’t and never will like me like that.” Lindsee replied reading the e-mail once more before she started to type a reply. “No guy ever would.”

“Oh please Linds some guy out there even Mr. Orlando Bloom would find you amusing. He took you out to lunch yesterday right and asked you questions. I think that means that he has more than a interest in you as only a assistant he wants to date ya.”

“He’s already taken Ard by the blonde skinny, anorexic ice queen.”

“He’ll dump her soon Linds as soon as his chocolate brown color eyes finally open and he realizes that the perfect woman is standing there right under his fine British nose and has been there all along. So what are you going to do about the e-mail?”

“I don’t know yet. I need to sleep on it and think about it in between nursing Orlando Bloom’s hang over and being a great assistant.”

“Hey when you have come up with a idea call me ok have fun Linds don’t do something I wouldn’t do.”

“Oh I already have Arden I let him sleep in my bed.” Arden laughed before Lindsee hung up with a frustrated sigh. There was no way in hell she was going to get any sleep tonight with the fact she had a sexual temptation lying in her bed currently snoring. Come morning she was going to have a migraine from hell because she let her hormones do the thinking instead of her head and decided to let Orlando Bloom have her bed for the night.

Lindsee sighed again while shutting off her laptop before walking over to the sofa falling backwards against the cushions falling asleep as soon as her head made contact with one of the pillows.

Orlando groaned as a ray of sun hit his face. He flinched in pain feeling his head was pounding making him groan again realizing what he had done last night. He sat up feeling his head was killing him looking around the strange room. Where the hell was he? Orlando’s eye stopped on a framed picture on a nearby desk that was of Lindsee and Arden making him realize whose bed he was lying on. Did he sleep with Lindsee where was she?

“Linds?” Orlando said the sound and echo of his voice sounded like a painful screech to his pounding head. Lindsee poked her head in the door a second later. “Please tell me we didn’t sleep together?” He asked making her smile. Lindsee shook her head no as she walked in holding a wet cool compress.

“I slept on the sofa last night.” Lindsee replied walking over to the side of the bed he was on.

“Why didn’t you let me sleep on the sofa? Damn Linds this is your apartment and I just ruined your night off by getting dead ass drunk. I’m surprise you still want to even work for me.”

“Just lie back and relax.” Lindsee responded as she bought the compress up to his forehead. “I’m just glad you had half a brain to think of calling me instead of getting behind the wheel and killing yourself. I gotta ask was it worth getting totally wasted last night?”

“No. It still didn’t kill the pain and it ruined your night off. God what time is it?” Orlando asked sitting up now holding the compress against his forehead.

“9:30.” Lindsee replied going into her bathroom to get a few Excedrine.

“Shit I’m late for filming.” Orlando muttered and groaned as Lindsee came back out of the bathroom and back over to the bed.

“No your not lay back down. Your fine British ass is covered I called Gore and told him your sick.” Lindsee said handing him the few Excedrine along with a bottle of water. “I know you feel like hell or as I say like Ted Bundy came back from hell and hit you in the head with a tire iron and your gonna be tossing your cookies soon. Since I got you having the after morning remorse why did you get dead ass drunk last night?”

“To forget Kate.”

“What about Kate?”

“I walked in on her yesterday after I dropped you off in my own apartment and in my own bed cheating on me. I walked in on her fucking some guy. We broke up.”

“Oh God I’m sorry.” Lindsee replied feeling really bad.

“Don’t be sorry Linds it ain’t your fault that Kate is a cold hearted, selfless bitch. Now that I think about it she wasn’t worth getting plastered for.” Orlando responded tossing the two Excedrine tablets into his mouth before gulping them down with the bottled water. “For some reason I wanted to end things with her and catching her in the act just saved me some excuse or lie. There have been a few reasons why I wanted to end things. Hey Linds how much weight have you lost exactly since you have started working for me?”

“Um maybe since April about 20 pounds give or take why?” Lindsee asked kind of surprised Orlando even noticed she was losing weight.

“I’m glad to see that you eat. I blame myself for Kate’s dangerous weight loss. I never admitted that to anyone, but for some reason I can trust you. Oh fuck!” Orlando said quickly sitting up running to the bathroom reaching the toilet in time to vomit.


For the rest of the day Lindsee spent it nursing Orlando to him get over his hang over. She kept thinking about the e-mail Foldaway had sent her unable to focus her attention on her script. She sat on the couch with her laptop resting in her lap watching TV while staring at the open word document.

She was lost in her own thoughts that she didn’t hear Orlando walk up behind her. “What are you doing?”

Lindsee jumped startled almost knocking her laptop out of her lap making him chuckle softly. “Uh trying to write.” Lindsee replied composing herself.

“Ah any luck? You’ve been staring at that blank screen for almost a half a hour.”

“How do you know I was staring at the screen that long?” Lindsee asked surprised.

“Because I was watching you from your room. It gets boring after a while just lying there and a poster of yourself staring back at you.”

“Hey it’s my room.” Lindsee replied observing him from the corner of her eye. Orlando stood there for another second before deciding to come sit next to her on the couch.

“So what are you watching?”

“Golden girls.” Lindsee responded watching him staring at the TV screen. “If you want to change the channel go ahead I’ve seen every episode.”

“Have you really?” Orlando asked surprised.

“Yeah. I own all seven seasons of the show on DVD.”

“Yet you still watch it on TV?”

“Mmmmhmmm.”

“What else do you watch?”

“All three CSIs, Court TV, Criminal minds, Lifetime.”

“Your not really into Desperate housewives or Grey’s anatomy?”

“Nope not really.” Lindsee replied putting her laptop off to the side table before focusing her full attention on the TV.

“Can I read your script?” Orlando asked breaking the minute of silence.

Lindsee turned to look at him in utter shock. She just didn’t hear that right? “Whoa back that up did you just ask if you could read my script?”

“Yeah.”

“Why do you want to read my script?”

“Because I read all your issues of Cosmo you have in your room already and because none of your romance novels seem to catch or have my fancy.”

Lindsee laughed while shaking her head. “I’ll think about it.” Lindsee said lying back against the couch pillow.

“Oh c’mon Linds. I’m your boss the one who signs your checks.”

“So that doesn’t mean I plan on letting you read my work.”

“So why did you tell me you wrote then if you never had any intention of showing it to anyone?”

“Because you asked what I usually did for fun on my laptop.”

“I am going to read your script somehow Lindsee.”

“Good luck with that.” Lindsee replied chuckling.