- Text Size +
“Kaylee? Hello, hon you’re here?”

“I’m in the bedroom Christy! Just c’mon in!” Kaylee yelled while packing her last suitcase. All her stuff had already shipped to Brians and Leighannes house. She had agreed to spend time with the Littrells in their LA apartment before the tour hits the road. That’s how she would be able to get to know Baylee and also Amanda, who was already staying there, better. Finishing off her packing she returned to living room where her friend Christy waited her.

“Whoa!” Kaylee said when she saw her friend. “You changed your hair color!”

“Yeah, like it?” Christy asked while spinning around. Her long blonde hair sparkled with the sun.

“Yeah, you look amazing!” Kaylee said and hugged her friend. “Should I’ve done something to my hair? Maybe cut them a little…?” She wondered and took a piece of her hair into her hand.

“No! You look great the way you are! Never doubt that… And if some guy doesn’t like your hair he is not worth of you. Oooh, you’re worried that AJ would not notice you tonight? Don’t be, we are going to find you a outfit that blows his mind off”

“It’s not even sure if he will be there… Brian just said that they invited everybody and I assumed that meant AJ also… And when he told me to bring friend with me I thought you of course because of Nick.”

“And I really really appreciate it…” Christy said and smiled. “Now, what were you going to wear tonight?” She asked when they returned the bedroom.

“I was thinking just jeans and maybe some cute top… No?” Kaylee asked when she saw the look on her friends face.

“Why don’t you wear that cute green tunic that you bought from Bebes last week? And those white Bermuda shorts you found in the sale?” Christy asked while digging out of the clothes.

“It just a welcome party…”

“Yeah Lee, for you! Now get in the shower and I’ll help you to get ready…”

Kaylee went to the bathroom and started the shower. She was happy that her best friend had come to help her but she still felt weird about dressing up just because of AJ. But maybe that’s why she never had long relationships. She washed her hair and body before stepping out of the shower. She put a towel around her wet hair before pulling a rope around her body. Then she walked to the bedroom where Christy was waiting for her. Together they started to get ready for the party although Christy was all set ready when she had come to Kaylees place. She just finished her make up and started to help Kaylee to do her hair. They decided to leave her hair open and do some big but sexy curls. It took awhile but the finishing look was ‘amazing’ like Kaylee herself described it after seeing herself from the mirror. Soon enough it was their time to leave. They took Kaylees car and headed to their destination.

“Oh, why in the hell did I pack so much close in?” Kaylee asked from herself while carrying her suitcase to the front door where Christy was already standing. She softly knocked and it didn’t took long the door open.

“Wow…” Nick whispered when he had opened the door. “Kaylee? Is that you?”

“Yes, it’s me…” She answered while walking past him. “Christy, c’mon in. I am going to go and drop this off to my room. Meet me in the pool area?”

“I can help you with that…” Nick offered but all he got was a cold shoulder from her.

“Just show Christy where’s the pool area, plese…” She said before walking to upstairs and to her room where she would be staying for the couple of weeks. She put her suitcase in to the closet and left the room. Walking back to the downstairs she heard voices coming from the kitchen and made a decision to stop there. She walked in there just when Amanda, the babysitter, ran past her. Apparently she had forgot something in her room because few minutes later she came back.

“Hi Kaylee! Wow, you look nice today…” Amanda said and smiled.

“Thanks, so do you. So… Is everybody already here?”

“No, we’ll still waiting for Howie and his wife… And some of Brians and Leighannes friends are coming too. But c’mon, let’s go out!” She said and pulled Kaylee out to the pool area where Christy was talking to some guy. She spotted her friend and waved her hand to her. Kaylee smiled to her when Nick came to her and offered her a drink.

“Here, you must be thirsty… “ He said and offered her a bottle of beer.

“Thanks…” She thanked him and turned around to walk away when Nick stopped her.

“Kaylee, baby, wait…” He said and pulled her close to him. “I just wanted to say that I’m glad that you’ll be coming to the tour with us. You know, maybe we can spend time together then..?” He said and smirked.

“Hhhmmhh… I really don’t think so Nick. I’m sorry but I’m just not that into you…” She said, turned around and walked away to talk to Leighanne and Brian.

They chatted awhile before Kaylee was pulled away to meet some new people. She was introduced dozens of people but her eyes kept looking for AJ. Tired of talking to so many people she walked to the pool and sat down there. Kaylee noticed Nick and Christy talking and was glad to see her friend so happy. She started to think about her past and future when someone cleared his throat behind her. Kaylee turned around and was in shock to found that it had been AJ.

“Hi. Can I sit here with you? I am not a party person…” He explained when he saw the confused look on her face.

“Sure… My name is Kaylee.” She said and smiled to him.

“Nice to meet you Kaylee. I’m Alex.” He said and smiled. “So… Why are you sitting here all alone? I thought these were your welcome party?”

“Yeah, they are… Just didn’t feel like talking to people I don’t even know…”

“I feel the same. I was supposed to spend some time with Nick and talked about the tour… But as you can see his mouth is stuck to somewhere else.” He said and pointed out Nick kissing Christy.

“Yeah…”

“Do you mind me asking if you came here by yourself or..?”

“The girl kissing Nick is my friend.” Kaylee simply said and giggled.

“What?” AJ asked.

“Nothing…” Kaylee said and giggled again. “Sorry… Just remembered something funny.” She explained before bursting out to laugh. “Okay… This isn’t… Funny…” She said between laughs.

“Tell me, why are you laughing so much? I don’t mind it, you have a beautiful laugh… You laughing at me?” AJ asked in confuse.

“Oh god no!” Kaylee gasped and touched his arm. “I would never laugh to you… Not in purpose anyway.” She said and shyly smiled to him.

“Good.” He said and smiled back to her. They kept staring at each others eyes and to Kaylee it felt like the time had stopped. But the spell was broken by Nick who had jumped into the pool and pulled Christy there after him. They got all the water on them.

“Oh great…” Kaylee murmured when her clothes were all wet. “I need to go and change…”

“I’ll walk you in.” AJ said and helped her to stood up. “What? I need a towel to dry myself.” He said when he saw the smile on Kaylees face.

“Yeah right…” She said and smirked when they walked inside and to the upstairs. There AJ went into one of the bathrooms while Kaylee went into her room and changed her outfit. Now she was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a white tank top.

“Kaylee, can I come in?” AJ asked behind the door.

“Oh… Sure, it’s open.” She said while drying her hair into a towel. AJ walked in there without wearing his t-shirt. Kaylee dropped the towel in the floor when she realized that AJs upper body was complete naked and that she could really see his abs.
“Oh.. Uh. Lost something in the bathroom?” She managed to ask while checking his body out.

“Yeah, my shirt is all wet… Need to talk to Brian and ask if he can give me a new one. Just wanted to make sure that you’re allright.”

“Oh, I’m perfect now…” She said and looked into his eyes.

“Okay then… I’m going to find Brian. Meet me in downstairs?” He asked before leaving the room.

“God! He’s hot!” Kaylee thought and walked into the kitchen and started to make some coffee.

“Hmmh, smells good…” AJ said when he walked into the kitchen wearing one of Brian’s shirts.

“You want a cup of it?”

“Sure.”

They sat down to the kitchen table and started to chat. Kaylee asked about the tour and how it was going to be and what to except. AJ in the another hand wanted to know if Kaylee only taught children or adults too.

“Well, mostly kids… But sometimes adults too… Why you asked?”

“Don’t know.. Just wanted to found it out..” He said and smirked.

“Your interesting in school? If you want to I can teach you…” Kaylee said and blushed when she remembered her nasty dream.

“I’ll take that as a promise…” AJ said. They kept sitting in the kitchen all night long and when it was time to AJ to leave Kaylee felt so bad.

“Well, good night then.” She said and smiled.

“Good night. I’ll see you in Friday, I guess?”

“Yeah. Friday.” Kaylee said and her smile grew bigger.

“Until Friday then…” AJ said and gave her a warm hug. “It was nice to spend time with you Kaylee…”

She just stood there without saying a word and watched how he walked to his car and drove off.