- Text Size +
It was a raining lightly when Kaylee opened up the curtains. She looked out and noticed that the sky was all dark and cloudy. ‘So much for the sun then’ she thought and left her room. While making her way downstairs she decided to give a call to Christy and ask her opinion of the outfit she was planning on wearing that night. When she arrived to the kitchen she found that Howie and Leigh were also there.

“Hello guys!” She said and hugged them both. “How are you?”
“We’re fine. How about you? I heard that you and Alex are going for a dinner tonight?” Howie said and smiled warmly.
“Oh… Yeah, he’s supposed to cook for me, I guess. And then after that we might watch a movie or something…”
“Well that sounds really nice. I’m glad that you two are getting along so well.” Leigh said.
“Yeah, me too…” Kaylee said and blushed. “Now if you excuse me, I’m leaving for my last yoga class. I’ll see you two not later than Friday. Bye!” She said and walked to her car.
She felt a little sad while driving because this was indeed going to be her last yoga class before the tour. On the other hand she was really excited about the tour and the teaching she would be doing there. In the previous night she had done some shopping and bought some school books for Baylee too. Kaylee hoped that Baylee would like them and that teaching him would be a fun experience. She smiled when she remembered something that he had said a few days earlier and realized that while thinking of her new family and friends she had drove past by her traffic route and therefore had to take a another route to the class. This route was a little bit longer but thankfully she wasn’t late and was able to enjoy the class before saying goodbye to her classmates and her teacher.
“So, you’re really leaving then?” Her yoga teacher, Maria, asked.
“Yeah, the family is leaving on Friday so….” Kaylee said and smiled. She knew very well that she wasn’t supposed to talk about the Littrell family at all, it was in the contract.
“You’re excited?” One of her classmates asked.
“Hell yeah! I mean, of course I am. This is something I’ve always loved to do, so why wouldn’t I be excited?”
“So, who are you teaching this time?” Maria asked.
“Maria, you know very well that I can’t tell you that…” Kaylee said and chuckled. “Maybe I’ll send you a postcard or something.”
“What? Wait! A Postcard?” Maria asked confused.
“Never Mind. I’m sorry but I really should be going now…”
“Of course. Have a nice time then honey!” They all hugged her and said their goodbyes to her.


“Oh c’mon! Answer the phone!” Kaylee said nervously. She was wearing her bathrobe and was trying to get a hold on of Christy. This was the fift time she was calling to her and still no answer. Usually she picked up the phone really fast and Kaylee was getting a little worried. The phone beeped and Christy’s voice mail went on.
“Christy! Pick up! I’m getting a little worried. Well, just call me as soon as you hear this and all the other messages I left you. I hope your allright. Oh, and I wanna know how your Saturday night continued with Mr. Carter…” Kaylee chuckled and continued. “But seriously, give me a call as soon as you hear this!”
She ended the call and let out a heavy breathe. She was really worried about her best friend, last time they talked were on Saturday before Christy left with Nick. Apparently they had been having a fun time because Kaylee remembered how hard it was to them keep their hand off from each other. And then she realized it. She ran downstairs and started to look out for Brian. She ran into the living room and almost bumped into Leighanne who was carrying an empty coffee mug.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry Leigh! I was looking for Brian and didn’t see you at all…”

“It’s allright. I’m okay. Brian is outside with Bay, but why are you looking at him ? Shouldn’t you be getting ready for AJ?”

“Yeah, I was getting ready but then I tried to call my friend and she wasn’t answering and now I need Brian to give me Nick’s number.” Kaylee mouthed all out and took a deep breath.

“Wait,wait. All I managed to understand was that you were getting ready and then..?”

“I tried to call my friend Christy, the one I brought with me on Saturday… Well, she isn’t answering her phone at all which is really unusual for her and I’m getting little worried about it. I haven’t talked with her since the weekend and… Well, I was hoping that maybe Nick would have heard of her or something. It’s worth of asking for it at least.”

“Nick? Why Nick would… Oh, Christy was the blonde girl who left with Nick? ” Leighanne asked and when Kaylee nodded her head she continued. “Let’s go out and Brian could give Nick a call. I’m sure your friend is all right.”
“Thanks Leighanne.” Kaylee hugged her before they walked to the patio.
“Honey! Come over here!” Leighanne yelled to her husband who was playing football with his son.
“Be right back Bay, your mom wants to talk to me. Practice that pass little man!” Brian said and ran to the girls. “What’s up?” He asked and tried to kiss Leighanne.
“Eeeeew, Brian you’re all sweaty!” She tried to push him away but Brian managed to give her a small kiss. “All right, you finished already? Kaylee and I need you to give Nick a call...”

They explained why and as soon as they had finished Brian got his phone out of his pocket and gave a call to Nick. They chatted for awhile and then they finished. He put his phone away and sadly shook his head.

“I am sorry Kaylee. He haven’t heard anything about Christy. Last time they had spoke was Sunday. Nick said that he had been trying to call her for few days now.”
Kaylee sat down and shook his head.“Oh Chritsy. Where are you and why aren’t you answering your phone?!”
“Have you talked to any of her other friends? What about her family?” Leighanne asked.
“I called some of her friends and her mom. They haven’t heard anything about her since Monday. Her mom said that Christy was talking about some job interview but that’s all. But they aren’t in good terms so I don’t know…” The doorbell rang and stopped her. “Oh no! It can’t be… What time is it?”
“5:30 pm. I am going to get the door.” Brian said and went inside.
“Do you think we should call the police and report her as missing person?” Kaylee asked and few tears escaped from her eyes.
“I think we should check her apartment first and make decisions after that. What do you say?”
“Yeah, that sounds like a plan. But AJ… I need to call to him.” Kaylee stood up and was walking inside when Brian came outside with none other than AJ.
“Kaylee! Hi!” He said and gave her a hug.
“Hi. I’m sorry.” That was all she said before she started to cry and ran inside.
“Did I do something wrong?” AJ asked confused.
Brian and Leighanne looked each other and sat AJ down. They told him all about Christy and how she wasn’t answering her phone. They also shared the information how worried Kaylee was about her friend and how worried they were about Kaylee. They talked for a while and agreed that Leighanne would go upstairs to check about Kaylee. Se gently knocked her door and went inside when she didn’t got any answer.

“Kaylee?” Leighanne sat down to the bed where Kaylee was crying. “Hey, come here…” She gently pulled Kaylee into her lap and hugged her. “Sssh. I promise we would do all we can to found Christy.”
“How about Brian and the boys? They have tour coming on?” Kaylee asked and sat up.
“Well, we talked about it if it is necessary Baylee and I would stay here with you and help you to find out what happened to Christy.”
“You think something have happened to her?” Kaylee asked.
“I don’t know. I pray for the God that she’s all right.” Leighanne said and smiled.
“Thank you. Can I ask you something?”
“Sure.”
“Why you and Brian are being so nice to me? I mean, we just met last Friday. You barely know me at all. And still you are ready to help me out. Why?”
“Well. We have learned to read people I guess. Like, we know from the first meeting if we can trust the person or not. And we both feel like you are something special and that you’re are going to be so good for us and Baylee to. Trust me, when you’re a mom or in this business you know these kind of things. Hope this made some sense to you, I’m not good at explaining things.”
“I think I kind of know what you mean. Thank you.” Kaylee smiled. “Oh, is AJ still downstrais?”
“Yeah,we told him about Christy and the situation. Hope that’s okay.”
“Yes. Thank you actually. Could please tell him that I would be down in 15 minutes. I mean, if he still wants to cook for me…” Kaylee said, blushed and vanished into the bathroom.
She was worried about her best friend but decided that tonight she would try not to stress about it and just enjoy herself. And if she wouldn’t call back before the morning she would drive to her house and check it out. And all that what would happened after that… Well, she would found it out tomorrow.
Chapter End Notes:
I am so sorry for the HUGE delay!!
It just that I've been so busy with my school,apartment and with my new bf lol!
This chapter was kind of hard to write,but I hope you guys like it (: