- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the HUGE delay!
He opened the door for her and she stepped out of the car.

“Thank you.” Kaylee said and gave AJ a warm smile.

“You welcome. Here, let me get your purse and jacket. ” He said after they have entered the house from the front door and helped Kaylee to take off her white jacket.

Kaylee looked around in the big hall. The high ceiling and the warm colors on the walls made Kaylee felt like she was home again. AJ walked her into the big living room and she smiled when she noticed some familiar faces looking at her from photos hanging on the wall and sitting in the table. She walked over the fireplace and took one of the photos in her hand. There was AJ with the boys back in the day, looking so young and happy. She put it back and looked at a picture where a middle age woman with brown and red hair was smiling a warm smile. She took it and showed it to AJ.

“Is this your mom?” Kaylee asked and AJ nodded. “She is so pretty.”

Kaylee smiled and put the photo frame back on its own place. For a little time she just looked around asking question about AJs family and friends. AJ also asked about her past and Kaylee told him everything he wanted to know. They chatted for awhile before it was time to move to the next room. She followed him in the kitchen where he had already started cooking. Kaylee sat down and took a deep breath.

“Something smells really good!”

“Thank you. I am making some chicken and guacamole, hope that’s all right.”

“Yeah, sounds delicious! Do you need any help?”

“No, I am all right. You just sit tight there and let me take care of anything. Oh, I’m sorry! Would you like something to drink?” AJ asked and wipe his hands in the towel which was hanging by the sink.

“Nah, I’m just fine.” Kaylee answered and had to repeat herself few times before AJ believed her.

It took a while before AJ was finished the cooking and guided Kaylee outside to the patio, which was decorated whit lights and candles. There was also soft music playing in the background.

“Wow. Alex… This is… It’s just so beautiful, thank you.” Kaylee said in amazed while AJ helped her to sit down.

He poured some water in their glasses and served the food. Kaylee took a bite from the chicken and the taste of it filled her mouth. She felt like she was eating in a fancy restaurant or something. The chicken tasted excellent and the guacamole was amazing, Kaylee had never taste anything so good. But still, even she was really enjoying herself; she couldn’t stop thinking about Christy.

“Are you all right?” AJ asked when Kaylee was playing with her food.

“Yeah, just thinking about Christy. Sorry.”

“Oh, that’s all right. If I wouldn’t hear from my friends in days I would be worried too.”

“This isn’t her, you know? Usually she calls me three times in day! And now… I haven’t heard anything for four days. It makes me so worried about. After all she is one of my best friends. We’ve known each other like ten years now. ”

“I am sorry Kaylee. I really hope she is going to be all right. Maybe there is just a simple explanation why she hadn’t call you back… Maybe she had found a new boyfriend or something like that.”

“I don’t think so. I mean, she was with Nick last weekend. Although, it wouldn’t be the first time she changes man so quickly. I just hope she could use some common sense and call me back. Gosh! I am sorry AJ but I think I really should go to her apartment and check if she is okay. I really enjoyed the food and your company and all… I am just so worried.”

“All right. I’ll drive you there.”

“What? Wait, wait… You don’t have to do that. I can go by myself.”

“No. I insist. Please, just let me took you there and then back to Brians house…”

“Hmmhh… All right then. If you insist.”

“I’ll insist. Okay, let me clean the table first and then we should get going.”

AJ cleaned the table with a little help from Kaylee. After that he helped her to put her jacket back on and into the car. She thanked him and told where Christy lived. It took almost 20 minutes to drive there and during that time Kaylee became more nervous. She really hoped that her friend was all right.

“That’s the house!” Kaylee said and pointed it out to AJ.

“Looks likes there’s lights on. You wanna go inside?” AJ asked.

“Yeah. Umh, would come with me? Just in case…” Kaylee said and blushed. She didn’t want to do inside alone, she was afraid that she would found something horrible inside.

“All right. Let’s go.”
And they walked inside together. It was just as quiet as an empty cemetery when they entered the house. And what they found was rather shocking.
Chapter End Notes:
Like I said in the start, I am so sorry for the huge delay! I was having lack of inspiration. Sorry!