- Text Size +
~ Dearest Kevin ~

I'm sitting here with a blank page and a gel pen in my hand without a clue of what to say. I am just kind of writing what comes to mind. I'm not sure why I'm even writing this. I know you're probably not expecting to even hear from me again. Believe me, I thought that was how it was going to be as well.


Basically I just wanted to let you know that I am happy for you. I heard that you have gotten married to a wonderful woman. She's very luck to have a great guy like you. I guess I should've been smarter when I left you that night. We were once in love...engaged...and now it's gone. I'm just glad one of us were able to find love.


When I see you on TV or in magazines, I can't help but smile at the memory we had together. Those countless nights kissing...holding each other...nothing to keep us away from each other. But alas...I had to be selfish. You followed your dream...I should've gone with you. Instead of screaming...crying...and self centeredly calling you names...I should've been supportive. You stood at my door with a frown then walked away...that was when I lost you.


I saw you on TV for the first time in 1997...you looked so good to me. I couldn't believe that you had made it. You had actually succeeded at what you always wanted to do...and I wasn't with you to share it. I couldn't help but cry and turn off the television.


Here it is...nine years later and you're happily married and I am still alone. I can't help but wonder how my life would've been different if I had stayed with you that night and gotten married. Would you have succeeded? Would we still be together? Would we have been happy? Only God knows what would've happened if I had stayed. But now I need closure...so I am wishing you the best. I hope you and Kristin are happy and stay that way until the end of life. I wish nothing but good things for you both. Maybe someday we will meet again...but until then...God bless you and your new wife. I will never forget you.

Sincerely,
Melody