- Text Size +

I watched her walk down the hall and sighed as I rested against the door frame, hoping that being still would stop my brain wobbling around in my head. I didn’t plan on company and sighed again when A.J’s door opened.

“She gone?” he asked and I just nodded my head, Fuck bad idea more brain movement. “Good get dressed, we’re gona have a talk.”

“Alex...”

“Nope, get dressed, I’ll be in the Starbucks round the corner you better be there in ten,” he said and with that he walked the same way in which Javine had, leaving me to get dressed.

Twenty minutes later I found him sat in one of the comfy armchairs of the local Starbucks, coffee in hand. I sat across from him and it was then I spotted the muffin, aw he did care. I grabbed for it but got my hand slapped away.

“First we are gona talk, then you eat,” he said looking up from the magazine he was reading. “What are you doing Dawg?” he asked, placing it down on the table.

“Err, drinking Coffee?” I replied to which he rolled his eyes.

“I mean with Willow,” and that made me roll my eyes. “Why’d you blow her off last night?”

“She was with some other guy, I didn’t want to get in the way of that, she looked like she was having fun trying to find his tonsils,” I snarled.

“When are you going to grow up? Did you even talk to her about it?” He asked and I kept quiet trying to avoid the question. “Thought so, well I had an interesting conversation with her last night that guy made a move on her and if you had seen the whole picture you would have seen Willow push him away.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah oh, she was pissed that you blew her off, and once again you two are back to square one. How do you really feel about her Nick? Be honest.” I sighed contemplating his words, I wasn’t sure in how I felt so how could I be honest?Keep quiet maybe you can dodge the question but after a while I knew I wasn’t going anywhere until I had answered.

“I…there is something there, I mean when we were younger it was cool cause she was close to my age and stuff and we had things in common. Then it got screwed when we slept together she wanted more and I didn’t, then we were friends again. Then we slept together again and I wanted more and she didn’t. Now I’m not sure what I want, yeah I have feelings for her but our track record isn’t very good and I… I don’t know,” I sighed.

“Well no one said being fuck buddies was easy, and you haven’t tried the relationship thing with her,” A.J pointed out.

“I know but I don’t want to be in another long distance relationship, she’s touring, we’re gona be touring, it’s just too hard.”

“Her tour finishes soon and she has no plans lined up, I’m sure we have room for her in our band, life’s to short Nick, you need to out and grab what you want before its gone, I mean how did you feel last night when you thought she was with that guy?”

“I wanted to kick myself for waiting too long, I was so jealous. That’s why I tried to piss her off with Javine guess it kinda backfired huh?” I asked.

“Not entirely, she was all ready to come back and tell you how she felt but by that time you’d left. She was crushed man, but she had to leave for Berlin,” he said as he pushed the muffin in my direction and I smiled picking at it.

“So wise one, what do you suggest I do?” I asked through a mouthful.

“Learn some fuckin manners, and then go and get her man,” he said.

“One problem there, we leave for New York in three hours.”

“You can call her,” he said handing me his phone as he knew I had left mine back at the hotel. I toyed with it for a few minutes before dialling a number and brining it to my ear.

 

I fell into the couch of the dressing room and closed my eyes trying to collect my thoughts but I was rudely interrupted by the shrill ring of my cell phone. Shuffling around I grabbed it out of my back pocket and was smiled when I saw the name flash up on the caller I.D.

“Hey you,” I answered.

“Okay you owe me like three emails Willow so don’t hey you me,” I chuckled when I heard Autumn huff down the phone.

“Sorry things have been crazy here, how you been?” I asked whilst getting comfortable again.

“So, so, blows that my best friend got stolen away to tour Europe and didn’t even invite me along,” she moaned.

“Hey you had the chance to come to live 8, not my fault you turned it down,” I teased.

“Yeah, yeah, I know but Thailand compared to England what is Autumn gona choose? Anyway I just called to say I caught you on Live 8 and you fucking rocked, you were working it girl.”

“Thanks,” I replied fiddling with a stray piece of hair that kept falling in my eyes.

“When do you get back?” She asked.

“Knebworth is next week and then that’s it, I’ll be home by the beginning of August,” I said sighing at how fast the tour had come to an end, this time next month I would be back to real life, worrying about paying bills and cleaning my apartment, instead of wondering how loud the crowd were gona be or if I was ever gona beat Robbie at UNO.

“Cool, I get back next week; we have so much to catch up on but this is costing me a bomb girl, call me when you are back in the US, K?”

“Course, have fun sweetie, see you soon.”

“Bye,” she replied before I heard a dial tone. I rested my head back against the couch and closed my eyes hoping to catch some sleep before the show started. Last night had been shit to say the least, after deciding to come clean and tell Nick how I felt I was left feeling stupid and unwanted when he had already pissed off with skank. After composing myself I quickly be lined for the bus and was glad when we finally got moving. The plane ride had been full of turbulence and with so many of us having been drinking the plane was not left in as pristine condition as when the flight had started. Sound check blew because we were all so hung-over and to make matters worse, half the pyro hadn’t turned up.

I didn’t sound like it was going to be getting any better when my alone time was interrupted by someone barging into the room.

“Yeah that’s cool man, just fax the…,” Robbie quickly stopped talking when he realised I was in the room, “Look I uh can’t really talk now, yeah that’s fine, see you later…bye,” he said as he hung up quickly. What the hell was that about?

“You didn’t have to stop because of me,” I said and he just looked at me sheepishly.

“What? Have I grown another head or something?” I asked and he just shrugged okay now I was starting to get paranoid. “Rob? What?” I asked.

“Nothing, I uh it’s just private,” he tried to side track.

“But its something to do with me though, look if your trying to set me up with Brad I’m not gona be mad,” I joked but he didn’t laugh instead he just made some excuse about being late for something and left. Okay that was weird.