- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's taken me so long to get another updated chapter out, but I have been focusing on AHTH. I promise I will get better at updating! Please let me know what you think about the improvements!

The spring was passing by so quickly it felt like February and March had sped by in the blink of an eye, and we were almost at the first of April, the tour heading into Cologne Germany. As soon as I had made it back to my apartment in January I had called Robbie, accepting his offer to tour and within twenty four hours I had been sat on a plane winging my way to London to prep for the tour.

The rehearsals had been draining, I was well aware of the majority of Robbie’s work it was just a few of the early pieces and the new material from the album he had just realised that were difficult to get to grips with. To say it had been frustrating was a bit of an understatement, I wasn’t used to the pressure of being on a tour as big as this and although I knew Robbie I soon realised it wasn’t going to be like touring with Nick. Whereas his tour had been promotional, small and less theatrical Robbie’s was anything but. He was well known for putting on great shows, captivating his audiences and the pressure had been on, with me thinking that I had made the wrong choice at first. The first night couldn’t have gone better though and I actually found myself becoming more relaxed, a bit more daring on the stage.

I sat in the makeup chair, whilst Angie applied my mascara and fixed the finishing touches to my makeup, glancing back to the mirror I wondered when I began to look so tired. The tour had begun three weeks ago, and so far I had only had two nights off. The show itself was huge, within Europe Robbie had a huge following of fans, many of which couldn’t speak much English but they managed to sing along with all of his songs. They all desired this pin up who was currently sat on a couch behind me in Adidas sweat pants and a port vale football top mumbling to himself.

“I’m still the boy next door,

That’s if your Lord Lichfield and Roger Moore

Have I gone up in the world?

Have I gone up in the world?” he sighed coming to a halt in what he was singing, and I chuckled, making him meet my eyes in the mirror. “Oh fine laugh,” he joked.

“No sorry I just thought of something funny, sing that last line again,” I said and he gave me a sceptical look, “Just sing it,” I said raising my voice slightly, and he did what he was told.

“Have I gone up in the world,” he sang.

“Or has the world gone down on me?” I replied which made him laugh.

“Hey I like that, you’re sacked by the way, for taking the piss outta’ the boss,” he joked, whilst picking up The Sun newspaper, a trashy tabloid which he always seemed to have no matter what country we were in. He liked reading his own press, laughing at the bullshit that was printed like when it said that I was the catalyst for him and Guy falling out. Utter crap but Autumn had still called when she heard the news.

“Yeah whatever, you begged me to come on this tour, don’t think your going replace me that easily,” I laughed but he was too engrossed in an article to reply.

Angie finished applying the rest of my make up whilst Marissa sprayed my hair to within and inch of it’s life and before I knew it I was ready to hit the stage so I vacated the seat for Robbie. He made no attempt to move though, still engrossed in the trashy tabloid so I sat down beside him to see what crap he was reading about himself. That was why I was so shocked when I saw the picture of Paris with bruises to her face and a title that accused Nick of assault.

“Fucking bitch,” I whispered which made Robbie look at me questioningly.

“So he didn’t do it then?” he asked which pissed me off even more, if Robbie believed it there were bound to be others who believed it too.

“No, he wouldn’t, it’s not him, fucking bitch,” I yelled the last part of the sentence, how fucking dare she? I had heard from Alex that things in that area of his life had not been going so great, I had even heard the rumours that’s she had slept the someone else whilst she had been in Australia. I thought that it was over long before but then maybe they got back together? Nick always seemed to do that, would break up with a girl, sleep around for a while and then realise he was probably better off in a relationship and let the girl worm her way back in. He never coped well with being on his own, he always needed someone around and what with the others all in relationships well maybe he felt that he needed one too.

I knew when it ended that it would be bitter, that shit would fly and it would all be fought out in the media where everyone could see. I also knew that Paris would have the press eating out of her hand when it did happen, after all no one messes with her and gets away scott free and what with the alleged cheating she had done I was sure Nick would have retaliated with a hoochie of his own. Things had obviously become sour in the relationship and she was looking as a way out as an injured party, if she wanted fucking abuse I would fucking give her some. Then again, I did warn him, god Willow bitch alert. Even though he had been an ass he didn’t deserve this, even though he hadn’t called or emailed but then again neither had I. Grabbing my phone off the table I dialled his number, but as it rang I realised I had no clue what I was going to say, how could I just call up out of the blue like nothing happened? I quickly hit the red button on the phone ending the call.

He probably wouldn’t have answered anyway.

***

My phone rang a familiar ring tone which I hadn’t heard in almost a month.

“I like big buts and I cannot lie,

All you other brothers can’t deny,

When a girl-”

Just as I was about to answer it, it abruptly stopped. I held the phone in my hand for a few minutes, knowing how great it would be just to hear her voice, how calming it would be and actually even bought her details up on the screen but I just couldn’t bring myself to hit the call button. She was probably only calling to gloat anyway, to say I told you so and I really didn’t want to hear it. I already had enough people telling me how stupid I’d had been, how I should have listened or seen the warning signs, and funnily enough none of those people were Kevin, Brian yes but not his cousin. It shocked me because usually when I do something stupid he is always the first on my case, telling me what an idiot I am. This time though, when he called for the forth time and I was actually brave enough to answer, he was ranting about what a bitch she was and how I had every right to sue for slander. It had been Brian who had literally called me an idiot and when I say literally that’s exactly what I mean, the phone rang I picked it up thinking it would be Brian with a few words of wisdom, of encouragement, of love but no all I got was
“You are a complete idiot Nick.” Well I had just hung up then and hadn’t spoken to him since.

That’s why I didn’t call her back, because she would only do the same, if there was one thing Willow was extremely good at it was gloating. Still it would be so good to hear her voice. Sighing I picked myself up from the couch, removing myself from the temptation of calling her and walked to the fridge disgusted with the lack of food it held within. Closing the door I lent my head against it and let the cool steel soothe the ache that was pumping in my head.

The phone rang again but this time it was the house phone so I let the machine get it.

“Nick? It’s Dad, don’t know whether you got my last message but we really need to know if your coming to the wedding, give me a call ok?...... I would really like it if you came, give me a call,” I heard the dial tone before the machine cut off and sighed again before walking over to the phone and deleting the message.

Yeah like I would be going to that, B.J and I were sticking together and avoiding the situation, Leslie had chosen to live with Mom, and as always the twins had sided with Dad. So again it was me stuck in the middle, trying to be neutral for the sake of my siblings and avoiding both my parents like the plague. Why did life have to be so complicated? Why couldn’t we just go back to the way things used to be, to when we had all gotten along, to before all the fame? God did I really want that? Would I really be okay in giving all this up if I had a chance at having loving family? Was it wrong that I wasn’t sure?

I needed to get out of here, I needed some company!

I glanced into the mirror across from me and was disgusted with the reflection, running my hand through my hair I picked up the phone and dialled a familiar number, waiting for a reply.

“Yeah it’s me, you doing anything today?” I asked after the voice had answered. “Cool can I come over? Have your hair clippers ready,” I said as I hung up and grabbed my keys from the side as I walked towards the garage.