- Text Size +

“Good evening Ladies and Gentleman this is your rep speaking, we are currently on route to Berlin, but we shall be making a brief stop. Use this time wisely, alcoholic beverages will be available, please drink as much as humanly possible, but we leave promptly at midnight, anyone not on the bus will be left behind,” Robbie said trying to keep a straight face as the tour bus came to a stop.

I clambered off and walked towards the entrance of the club. I could hear the music blaring and knew as the drink was free that it was going to be a very good night. Once inside I headed straight for the bar to get a drink.

Four tequilas later and I was buzzing, bugging Neil to take me out on the dance floor. He finally relented and I pulled him by the hand to the packed dance floor. Although I was dancing I was also looking around for a certain someone, but as I saw none of his band mates I came to the conclusion that they hadn’t yet arrived. Neil pulled me so my back was flush against his and I could feel something poking into my back, cringing I turned slightly, but he took it the wrong way and grabbed my head bringing my lips to his in a kiss.

I had spotted her about five minutes earlier but decided to get a drink first, I knew she was on the dance floor and I made my way back there, after a quick scan I spotted her, and the guys tonsils she was playing with. I downed my beer and headed back to the bar for another, hoping the alcohol would numb my feeling of sadness, once again I had missed my chance, because I had been to pig headed to admit how I had really felt.

“Why the long face? You played at Live 8, that’s got to be something to smile about,” a tall dark haired girl asked.

“Long story,” I replied taking a sip of the beer that had just appeared in front of me.

“Gotcha, I’m Javine by the way,” she said putting her hand out; I gladly accepted it, shaking it lightly.

“Nick.”

“I know who you are,” she laughed lightly, “Now why don’t we leave the frown here, and go and dance?” She said whilst turning into the crowd, waiting for me to join her. I again downed my beer and followed, if Willow had moved on then I could, hell two could play that game.

We walked down the stairs and onto the main dance floor, where I bumped into Willow who was walking towards the stairs. I grabbed Javine’s hand and pulled it to my mouth to give it a quick kiss, making sure Willow saw. She frowned slightly but then smiled when she saw me looking.

“Hey, you’re here,” she yelled over the music.

“Yep,” I replied coldly.

“You wana get a drink?” She asked hopefully.

“I’m kinda busy,” I said signalling towards Javine, who had conveniently wrapped herself around me.

“Oh, well come find me when your done?” she asked and I just nodded as she walked away.

What the hell was that? He was giving me the cold shoulder now? He had been fine before, yeah it was slightly awkward, but at least we were talking; now he was brushing me off? I glanced up toward the bar and locked eyes with A.J who waved and blew me a kiss which I returned and he made a show of catching it, which made me laugh hysterically, maybe that had something to do with all the alcohol I had consumed as well?

“Jay,Jay,” I yelled as I tried to pull him in for a hug, but stumbled into him instead.

“Will, Will, how much have you had?” He tried to scold but just ended up smiling.

“A few and I think I need some more to forget about Jackass carter blowing me off,” I said as I pouted.

“Yeah what have we learned about drinking to forget?” He asked in a teacher voice and I glanced to him in horror, realising who I was with, god Will idiot alert.

“Oh shit I’m sorry, I didn’t ….I ….I...”

“Willow honey, it’s fine, I wouldn’t be here if I couldn’t handle others drinking around me,” he said, smiling.

“I know,” I sighed and looked to Nick grinding against the girl and sighed again.

“Okay, I can’t drink; your love sick, this party blows what say we bail?” He asked holding out a hand which I took and let me pull me through the crowd towards the door. Once having found a cab and clambered in it occurred to me that I had to leave for Berlin in a matter of hours.

“Wait I need to...” but he cut me off before I could finish.

“I will have you back before midnight Cinderella,” he laughed. “Now know any good places around here that are quiet?” He asked.

Five minutes later we were sat on a bench watching the water pass under London Bridge. He pulled out a cigarette and lit up, glancing to me and after sighing he finally offered me the packet which I gleefully took and also lit one up. I took a long drag and exhaled slowly, just watching the world go by, I could feel myself starting to sober up.

“You guys are fucking unbelievable you know that?” A.J said nudging me slightly but I just stayed quiet. “I really thought that tonight might have been it for you guys, after what Kevin told me about your little meeting this afternoon.”

“That’s what I thought,” I replied honestly.

“Then what happened?” he asked turning in his seat so he was sat sideways on, looking at me.

“I have no fucking clue, he blew me off, I bumped into him on the dance floor with some girl, who can I say was all over him like a rash and he blew me off for that skank,” I ranted, ok maybe I hadn’t sobered up enough as I had first thought.

“Jealous much?” he chuckled and I pouted. “Something had to have happened, he was stoked about getting there to see you, he was actually the first one ready and that never happens,” he told taking a drag.

“Well he obviously changed his mind when he got there, I was just dancing and …” Oh fuck, he saw Neil and… shit, shit, shit.

“And?” A.J probed.

“FUCK,” I yelled, “He must have seen me and Neil kissing,” I sighed tossing my dog end on the ground.

“Mystery solved, who’s Neil?”

“Guitarist, decided tonight he wanted to make a move and kinda caught me of guard, trust me totally one sided, but Nick… he must have taken it wrong and… oh fucking idiot,” I yelled the last part running my hands through my hair. I couldn’t believe that he had taken it that way, but then again I guess it was only fair, you see someone kissing then you automatically assume there something going on.

“Nick or you?”

“Both, maybe this is a sign Jay, maybe we’re not supposed to get together, I mean we don’t communicate very well do we?”

“Nope, you’re both shit at it,” he said, standing up whilst pulling me with him, “C’mon,” he said.

“Where are we going?” I asked as he pulled me toward the road to hail cab.

“To straighten this out once and for all, we are going back there and you are going to tell him how you feel,” He said and I stopped dead in my tracks. “Willow, you guys are driving the rest of us crazy, I swear to God it’s you guys that are the reason for my residing hair line.”

“I can’t Jay,” I whispered.

“Yes you can, you go up to him and tell him what he interpreted was a mistake and then you tell him how you feel about him,” he said getting into the cab that had pulled up, he sighed when I didn’t follow and pulled on my arm. “Do you want to be with him?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“How do you feel about him?” I avoided his eyes and the question but he lifted my chin so my eyes were looking directly into his. And he asked “How did you feel when you saw him today?”

“Like…like… it was like I had never wanted anything more in my life, fuck it Jay I am so in over my head in being crushed out,” I said groaning into his shoulder.

“Babe it’s more than crushed out, crushed out was like what ten years ago when you first met,” he said laughing, turning to kiss my head. “So are we going back there to get rid of skank and replace her with you?” he asked and I kinda nodded my head. “Nu-uh say it,” he demanded.

“YES!” I yelled.