- Text Size +
~~~~~~
Chapter One

I yawned as I woke up from a long sleep I had much needed after a tiring concert the night before in Los Angeles. I quickly scanned the room as I stretched my arms; Nick was playing the Playstation, whilst Brian was bouncing Baylee on his knee. Howie was quietly reading a book, not paying attention to anyone else. Kevin noticed I had woken.

“Finally, you’re awake. I was contemplating whether or not to throw something at you.” Kevin chuckled.

“Ugh dude, I’m so tired. What time is it?” I asked, getting up from my seat.

“3am, you’ve been out cold since we left last night!” Kevin answered.

“Fuck, that‘s long.”

“Hey! No cursing!” Brian shouted. “There’s children around here you know.”

“Sorry, I forgot B.” I apologised.

It seemed like an eternity had gone when we finally reached the hotel at the next venue. Nick always tried racing everyone out the bus first, but no one could usually be bothered to race him so we just let him go first. I was the last one out, making sure I had picked up everything. I can’t go anywhere without taking my cell phone and ipod with me. By the time I got into the lobby, everyone else had gone to their rooms. I decided to take the stairs rather than the elevator, I needed to stretch my legs. The stairwell was dark and gloomy, with only a few lights here and there. Suddenly a unidentified woman ran down the stairs bumping into me on the way. Her bag flew across the stairs, the contents going everywhere. I politely stopped to help her.

“Shit! I’m so sorry, I totally didn’t see you there,” I said crouching down to get her belongings, “hey let me help you there.”

“Oh don’t apologise, it was my fault. I was in such a rush and I suppose I didn’t really see you either.” The girl looked frustrated with herself.

“A rush at 3am? Are you crazy?” I laughed.

“I’m running late with a client.” She replied.

“I repeat, at 3am? What do you do?” I curiously asked.

“I’m a photographer.” She sighed.

“Cool. Oh let me introduce myself, I’m AJ, AJ Mclean.” I put out my hand.

“I’m Molly Levesque.” Molly glanced at me with a smile.

“So I might see your name in flashing lights one day, eh?” I grinned.

“Maybe.”

We finished picking up Molly’s belongings and wished each other goodnight. I thought she seemed sweet, even if she was in a total rush. I decided to log onto AIM for a bit to see who was online.

!!Nick!!:
YOOO AJ, ‘SUP!
Alex69:
Hey, Nicky.
!!Nick!!:
…..Nicky? Ew that’s a girl’s way of saying it.
Alex69:
Listen, I just bumped into this girl on the stairwell.
!!Nick!!:
Dude wtf. The stairwell?
Alex69:
…Yes, they were invented before elevators, if you didn’t know
!!Nick!!:
Whatever. So, the girl? Was she hot? ;)
Alex69:
Um I didn’t really look at her
!!Nick!!:
…Let me get this straight, You, as in AJ, just bumped into a chick….and didn’t check her out?
Alex69:
I don’t check out every girl I meet you know!
!!Nick!!:
You should.
Alex69:
….Should I? Anyways, she’s a photographer
!!Nick!!:
K, and I care because?
Alex69:
IDK I was thinking maybe we could get her to do a shoot one day..
!!Nick!!:
Already?! Man you think too quick. AJ, do you even know if she is….well, good?
Alex69:
…No. But we’ll see. I hope.
!!Nick!!:
Whatever, if you think so. Dude, I’m gonna go get some sleep. See ya in the morning, love ya.
Alex69:
Err it’s morning already.
!!Nick!!:
STFU. Go get some sleep, and maybe shower. You stink.
!!Nick!! has signed off


I logged off my laptop, and just sat back on my chair thinking what to do next. I took a long deep breath, then glanced at my watch. I should probably go take a shower. Nick was right, I do stink. It felt like I’d been wearing these clothes for months. I made my way to the bathroom, tugging off my clothes as I entered the room. I stepped into the shower, and ran the cold tap. I let the freezing water run over my face and down my body.