- Text Size +
“She’s getting married”

“Who?” Nick asked.

He didn’t even have the chance to sit down as everybody’s eyes weren’t on him and that his sister didn’t tell him the news. “Angel please I don’t want to know any gossip. I came here to celebrate your friend’s birthday party so lets do that. By the way who is the birthday girl?” he asked looking at the girls he never saw before.

“I am” the girl who turned 21 that day said smiling widely.

“Oh happy birthday. Nice to meet you, it’s always great to make new friends that are already my siblings’ friends”

The girl just nodded and looked at her friend.

“Ok who’s getting married?” Nick asked seeing that to move on he had to know who was getting married.

“Moira” his best friend Chris told him. “It so crazy right?”

“What?” Nick asked shocked. “We just talked a few days ago and she didn’t say anything”

“Derik proposed last night and this morning she called Brit and your sister to tell them” Aaron said to his brother.

Nick rubbed his neck and nodded. “Ok. So I guess I need to start thinking what I am going to buy her for her wedding right?”

“Funny” Tara said rolling her eyes. “So funny Nick”

“What you want me to do?”

“Stop her”

“Oh shut up” he told his friends and his siblings. “She loves Derik and he loves her, be happy for her because I am”

“Right” Angel said with a nod “Good then. Everything is fine.”


About an hour later they heard the doorbell ring and Angel went running to open the door knowing it was her best friend.

“Hey nuttier” Angel welcomed her.

Moira grinned and showed her the ring.

“It’s beautiful” Angel said trying to look happy.

When they walked inside everyone got around them.

“I can tell you, you are all invited to my wedding”

“You’re crazy” Brittany told her.

Moira looked at everyone and she knew that they were all faking it and that they were not happy for her and her now fiancée.

“You are defiatently not happy for me” she told her sadly. “Admit it”

“We don’t like him” Aaron told her truthfully.

“Look who’s talking” she said getting upset. “With all the respect to whom ever you are with now, you are the last person to talk because you don’t date great girls so don’t talk”

“He’s been in prison and he has a quite bad history” Chris told her worried.

They were all really close and it was obvious that they worry about each other.

“Everyone make mistakes. Besides its normal today that people get dui no?” she said to all of them knowing what she meant. “And the past is the past. I love him and he loves me, you should be happy for me”

“I am” Nick said raising his hand. “Congrats friend”

“Thanks” Moira said.

“Getting married after 3 months dating is not good”

“Why not Angel?”

“I thought you didn’t believe in marriage anyway” Collin, Angel’s boyfriend said, remembering what she said when she was Nick’s girlfriend.

“That’s because I was dating someone who didn’t believe in marriage and I had to say that”

“Why?” Nick asked.

“I don’t know” she said bored of discussing it. “Ahhhh” she groaned. “I’m leaving”

“Leave her alone. She wants to get married fine let her do it. If Derik is an asshole and she doesn’t see that bad for her but it is not our business”

Moira was stunned at what she heard Nick saying.

“You think he’s an asshole?”

“He is” Nick shrugged.

“You should take a look in the mirror honey before you judge other people”

“The six months we did together I treated you like a queen so you really don’t have anything bad to say about me”

“I don’t want to be threaten like a queen I just want to be loved that’s all and Derik loves me and that’s all I ever wanted from a guy”

“Good. So it seems like you have what you always wanted. Good luck because unlike them you are not going to find me when he leaves you after a few months of your marriage”

“I hate you” she said to Nick for his harsh words. With tears hanging at the edge of her eyes she grabbed her bag and ran out.

“Great Nick” Angel said clapping her hands. “Just great. We need to help her not treat her like shit”

Nick shrugged and left too, acting like he didn’t care but deep down he cared so much. He knew that she was one of a kind and he always found her when he needed her. The news that she was getting married shocked him and not just because she had been dating Derik for a very short time but the thought that he could never be as close to her as he used too scared him alot. She was one of the few people who really understand him and the only girlfriend he ever had that really loved him for the man he truly is.