- Text Size +
"Hey Kevin!" Brian said snapping his fingers infront of his face, pulling him out of his thoughts.
"Huh?"...What?" He said upset Brian interrupted him,
"What's up? Why are you so distant?" There was nothing but worriedness and love in his voice. He could tell him everything, but didn't want to. He knew it would only make the road even more difficult. Having his family pity him for something that happened so long ago.
"Nothings up and I'm not distant." He lied, trying to put up a smile, but failed miserably, knowingly to Brian.
"Right, you're a thousand miles away." He tried joking, trying to lighten up the dismal mood.
"I was just thinking." At least that wasn't a complete lie. He had been thinking. It was all he seemed to do lately. Thinking about things he couldn't control, things he couldn't amend, no matter how hard he tried.
"About?" Brian questioned, once again bringing him out of his thoughts.
He could tell him, relieve some of the pain and put some of the burden on someone else. But once again, his pride kept him in check.
"Its nothing, I'm just thinking."
"Mmm Hmm. Well if you need to talk, you know where to find me." Brian said, hesitantly getting up and moving towards another area of the bus and leaving Kevin to drift back to Nicole and their first date.
He slowly walked up to her front door, more nervous than he had ever been in his whole life. It took him a good two minutes to get up the nerve to ring the doorbell. Within a minute, the door opened to reveal Nicole standing there in a black dress that hugged her in all the right sports. Her beautiful blonde hair hung in small wavy curls down her back above her butt.
"Hey Kevin, come on in." She said showing a genuine smile and opening the door further to allow him to walk in.
"Wow this is nice." He said admiring the house.
"Thank you, although I'm sure you have something a little bigger, this is what I call home." She joked. They had joked about each other's living conditions numerous time on the phone. No matter how big a house he had, she had told him she prefered something small and cozy. Something that wasn't too big to clean. He on the other hand could do nothing but agree.
"Your welcome." He said smiling. He had tried to picture her house many times as she tried her hardest to describe every nook and crevice in its little space. Her description was perfect.
That night, before they went out, they talked for awhile, talking about anything and everything that came to mind, until the clock struck seven-thirty, indicating it was time for them to leave.
The dinner was great. Everything that night was perfect. Even the movie afterwards was perfect.
At her front door they stoof staring into each others eyes. They were both so genuinely happy. There was an attraction there, and both could feel. Both knew that something was happening between them. They both knew it over the phone the many times they talked, but this date, their first put it all into prospective. They both wanted the same thing.
Kevin reached out and wrapped his arms around her waist while she wrapped hers around his neck. They looked into each others eyes and their faces inched closer...and closer... and....
"Kevin!...Kevin..."