- Text Size +
You’ve loved smores since the camping trips you took with your family when you were just a kid. You’re also excited to try out that new high tech fire pit you had installed on the deck just last week, so you waste no time moving the party out back.

AJ’s back in the hot tub before you and Kevin can figure out how to turn on your latest toy, but once the flames are roaring, you dash inside to find a few roasting sticks. The closest thing you can come up with is your wife’s fondue set. “She won’t mind,” you tell yourself as you grab the sticks and head back outside. “When’s the last time anyone had a fondue party anyway?”

“You find something that will work?” Kevin asks when you reappear.

You hold up the sticks, but soon realize that if you don’t hurry, the sticks won’t be necessary. “Seven!” Nick shouts – or at least that’s what you think he says, but you can’t really be sure since his mouth is too full.

Brian shoves a marshmallow into his already gorged mouth and takes a moment to make sure it won’t fall back out when he shouts, “Eight!”

You snatch the now half empty bag of marshmallows before they’re gone, and you hand one to Kevin for roasting. You pull one out for yourself but before you get it on your stick AJ raises a hand from the hot tub. “Throw me one of those!” he calls.

As you toss him the marshmallow in your hand, Nick attempts the rip the bag from your other hand. You’ve got a good grip, so the bag rips in half and all of the marshmallows scatter. Some fall into the flames – getting your brand new fire pit all nasty – and the rest all over the deck, and even a couple over the railing down the side of the mountain.

You want to be annoyed, but for some reason the moment just makes all five of you burst into laughter. Do you a.) Seize the moment and become the first to declare your patio as a Stay-Puft war zone, or b.) Send Nick to the store for another bag of mallows while you all take a relaxing dip in the hot tub?



If you choose to send the dog on a run, skip ahead to chapter 5.

If you can’t resist pelting the punk with a mallow, continue on to chapter 3.