- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for the reviews so early in the story!! Enjoy! This story is about pick up big time..

“Nick! You’re sick…” Sara sighed, watching Nick rub his face after gagging up his breakfast.

“No,” He murmured, standing up to look in the mirror, “I probably just didn’t need to eat breakfast, like I told you.” He shot a half glare towards her.

“You’ve barely eaten since I’ve been here!”

“When are you going home?”

Sara looked downwards, his words hitting harder than they meant to. Sure, they had gotten into their little fights before but he had never spouted out some nasty things like he had these past few days. That was her first sign that something was wrong.

Nick sighed and leaned against the bathroom counter. He hadn’t meant to keep hurting her but he was scared. Management always got so pissed with him when he had gotten sick lately, which seemed often. While it was ok to hide it by yourself, having someone else around to point it out just made him feel worse because he knew it was true. “I’m sorry, Sar. I didn’t mean…”

“It’s ok. I’m leaving the day after tomorrow.” She walked back to the hotel bedroom and started getting dressed. Boy, he had really done it. She was never one to get dressed this early.

“It’s just…I can’t be sick. I don’t have time to be sick.” The blonde man spoke softly. “I’ve been sick too much recently.”

“You’ve been sick??” Her brown eyes filled with worry, replacing the look of hurt.

“Babe, just…don’t worry about it, ok?” Nick pulled her hand gently away from his forehead as she went to feel it and held it, leaning down to kiss her forehead. “I’m sure when I get a break next week, I’ll have time to rest and get over it.”

The short brunette stared at him for about a minute before nodding. “Ok. But I’m going to call and check on your stupid ass, ok?”

“You just want an excuse to call me.”

“Like I need one…”

Suddenly, Nick didn’t feel like arguing anymore. Actually, he felt like hugging the toilet again, but he would just wait until he got to the venue to avoid more scrutiny from his hot little voice of reason. “I should probably head over to the arena.”

“This early?” Sara tilted her head and smirked slowly, pulling him closer.

“We’ll play later babe. Yeah, I gotta run.” Slipping his shoes on quickly, Nick was out the door.

----------------------------------------

The room was spinning a little as the music came to a stop, the choreographer tweaking a few things before tonight’s show. Nick’s tired blue eyes searched the stage for a fresh bottle of water as he had already downed his first one, barely 15 minutes into rehearsal.

“You ok Nick?” Brian slapped a hand against his back, eliciting a small wince from him.

“Just fine…”

“You look kinda pale.” Brian moved around him to look at his face, inspecting him.

Nick really had the urge to punch Brian right in the nose, just for irritating him. But he was too tired and knew he would regret it later. His friend was just trying to care. He didn’t know why he started now. Brian hadn’t cared since he had gotten married.

“I’m really ok Bri. Just feeling a little under the weather.” The youngest forced a smile and sat down on the drum stool.

“Like that’s something new.” AJ walked by, taking a sip of his water and smirking.

Nick sighed. Oh, to be back in bed…

His thoughts were broken by Brian’s face paling. “Nick!”

“What?”

“Do you not feel your nose gushing blood?”

And that was how it all began.