- Text Size +

“Don’t you think you should go to a doctor, Nick?!” Sara had reached a higher level of sound after she had stopped Nick’s nose from bleeding a second time that day.

“Sara! Damn it! I’m fine…” He jerked his head away from her cool hands and washed his face in the sink. He slowly stood back from the mirror and ran his hands over his abdomen. All this vomiting his guts out and loss of appetite and his stomach was still swollen.

The brunette eyed him for a minute and then crossed her arms across her chest. “Is that what this is? Are you taking diet pills again?”

Nick growled at the accusation. He really couldn’t blame her though, he had similar symptoms to that time. “I’m not stupid.”

“Sometimes I’m not so sure…”

“Look! I’ve had about enough of your shit, Sara.” He spat. He didn’t know where it was coming from. He had never yelled at her like this before. Not sober at least.

Immediately he regretted it as her face drained of color and then flushed red, all in a matter of seconds. The woman went over to the closet and pulled out her bag, quickly opening drawers and stuffing her stuff inside. Nick only sighed and walked over to her. “I didn’t mean…” But before he could finish, she brushed past him and slammed the door to the bathroom.

“Sar, don’t be a brat.” He breathed, running a hand down his face and wincing at how sore his body felt. He felt exhausted. Damn the flu, which is what he figured this all was.

As soon as the sentence had left his mouth, the bathroom door flung back open. “I’M the brat?! Are you fucking kidding me?!” The tone of her voice made him wince. “YOU are the one, Nickolas, that is such a brat, you’re risking your own health and the health of everyone else because you’re a stubborn ass who won’t pay attention when something’s wrong! I don’t care how much people make fun of you! You’re SICK! You look like shit!”

“Gee thanks. At least I’m not sleeping with someone that looks like shit.” Nick muttered, his feelings and emotions all of a sudden muddled. He wished he could just fast forward this argument. He wasn’t in the mood anymore, he just wanted to curl up in bed. Preferably with someone. With her.

“You’re right. I’m the stupid one here. I’m the stupid one that slept with my best friend that could have any woman he wants. I’m probably just hindering you from being with some hot slut right now.” Her voice was tinged with a bit of sadness as she zipped her bag and continued to stare down at it. “How could I have been so stupid to think…”

“Think what?” Nick’s voice had softened considerably, as did his whole expression.

Sara licked her lips and shook her head, refusing to reveal anything to him that he could use against her in the future. “I’m just…stupid. And you don’t need me here, telling you what to do. I have no right. I’m not your girlfriend.”

“But babe…”

“No…Nick.” She shook her head, sliding on her flip flops. “Just stop. I don’t want us to fight. I’m just…gonna go home early. I’ll see you after tour.” With that, she picked up her bag and walked towards the door.

“Wait! Just…” Nick licked his lips and grabbed her arm and before he knew it, his lips were pressed against hers. Not in just a normal ‘I wanna screw you’ kiss, but a passionate one. A loving kiss. “Just wait.”

Sara pulled back slowly, blinking. “Nicky, I…I can’t wait.” She reached up and touched her hand to the side of his face. “I can’t watch you keep living your life for people who won’t care in a years time. Just…I’ll…talk to you later ok?” Sara swallowed. “I love you.”

Then she turned and left, leaving Nick alone and swallowing back tears.

Leaving Nick to only get worse. She received the call at 11pm two days later…