- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Here is a Story wrote years and years ago.  Right now its in bits and pieces, trying to get it started again and feel its been left without readers for too long.  Let us know what you think about it! 

“That was a damn good show if I do say myself!” Nick Carter bounded into the backstage area, opening a new can of a sugar filled drink.

“Hm, I think for once, Carter is right! That kicked ass man!” AJ threw a towel over his shoulders and took his sunglasses off, wiping the sweat away from underneath his eyes.

“So…when does this party get started?!” Kevin clapped his hands together and rubbed them as he sat back on a couch, his mind set on chilling for a while.

“When you leave…” Nick answered automatically, taking another gulp from his drink and sitting of the arm of the couch. The older man pushed the can into Nick’s face, forcing the Mountain Dew up his nose. “Damn you, old fart!”

The group laughed as more people poured into the backroom, including Howie, Brian, dancers, stage crew, and everyone involved with the tour. So many people that Kevin and AJ almost missed the two that had been waiting for the longest.

“Old fart, huh? I believe that would be MY old fart that they’re referring to!”

Kevin turned, that voice making his heart do wild things. Without a moment’s hesitation, he sprung from the couch and spun Jenn around in his arms. It had been months of long distance calls and web cam conversations that had kept them together on this last leg of the tour. It had been the hardest thing to do for the two but, seeing each other now, there could be no sweeter reward. Jenn’s laughter that filled the crowded air was the best thing Kevin had heard in months. It made every sense in his body come to attention, made him want every bit of her to be with every part of him. For always.

“I’ve missed you, darling.” He whispered against her jaw, placing kisses from there to her ear.

“Mmm, I’ve missed you more.” Jenn replied, fingered Kevin’s black hair and smiling as he made love to her with his simple words.

Sara whistled at the two lovers, passing them to make her way to AJ. “Someone’s gonna be getting a private room tonight…” She commented, kissing the lips of her own boyfriend.

“Mph, maybe y’all should discuss that yourselves.” Nick joined the conversation. “If I have to share a wall with you and AJ ONE more time…”

“Nickolas…you’re just jealous…” AJ smirked, placing his own sunglasses atop Sara’s head.

“Ha! Of what?” Howie picked on his best friend. Everyone laughed at this, Howie not being one to say such a thing.

“I wouldn’t be talking, D.” It was the first time Brian had said something since the concert was finished. He wasn’t in the best spirits, mostly due to the headache that was threatening to invade his body. He forced a laugh as a pillow hit his chest.

“Mmm, you tired, baby?” Sara bent to whisper in AJ’s ear as he sat down in front of her. She began to massage his shoulders.

“Yeah. But you know… not THAT tired.” He smirked and leaned his head back to rest against her stomach, puckering his lips up at her.

The girl laughed, bending down to satisfy her boyfriend. “You’re never THAT tired, Alex.” She continued to work out the kinks in his shoulder and down his back. “Oh, such tension.”

“Hm, I’m sure your hot ass will be able to work that out.” AJ brought his arm out behind him and swept Sara into his lap. Once she was situated, he gave her a smile that could melt her heart.

“Oh, now you’re just being dirty!” She rested her forehead against his and, even though he was sweating from the performance, she could smell the faint scent of the cologne she had bought him for his birthday. It was the same scent that was embedded in the sheets and pillowcases of her bed.

“You said you like dirty, baby…” Sara smacked the back of AJ’s head before he could finish what he was saying.

As the end of tour party carried on, no one seemed to notice, or even care, that Brian wasn’t taking part in the festivities. While his lackadaisical attitude was due mostly to his sick feeling, it was also a longing for the woman that he was quietly watching across the room. He had seen her first, on the set for a video shoot a couple of months ago. She was sitting on the ground eating lunch with the other actresses. Out in the sun, her dark hair had a certain glow, as did everything else about her. And that laugh…that voice…for some reason, the girl’s features seemed to comfort him.

But AJ had gotten to her first.

And so, Brian had let it go. And no one knew how much he longed to have her. Or, at least, have the feelings that were shared between Sara and AJ. They were so beautiful together. And he loved them both.

But he was envious sometimes. Sometimes, the feelings hurt him. Sometimes, it was intense. Sometimes, it almost scared him, the way he felt inside.

“You okay, Rok?” AJ inquired, noticing the thoughtful yet distant look in his brother’s eye.

“Yeah…” Brian came back into the present world and squinted his eyes a bit to shut the light off from his pained head. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“You sure?” Nick furrowed his eyebrows with concern, taking a spot beside AJ.

“Just a headache.” The older man replied, beginning to become irritated with the questioning. Thank God, Kevin had disappeared minutes before. Brian didn’t need the ‘you need to go to the doctor’ speech again.

“Gah, man, you’ve been having those for a while.” The blonde was now sipping from a bottle of beer and flirting with some bodyguard’s sister, who had come up to were Nick was sitting and was whispering stuff in his ear. He looked down and smiled then whispered something back.

Brian and AJ both rolled their eyes, knowing what little plans Nick and this girl were making. They would have to talk to him later about some of the decisions he was making lately.

“Hey…where’d my honey go?” AJ asked out of the blue, as if he had just realized that Sara wasn’t with him anymore. He made little attempt to search for her though, figuring she was away chattering with one of the girls. He smiled to himself, her laughter in the distance signaling to him that she was still within his vicinity. Closing his eyes, the tattooed man leaned his head back and realized his, too, had begun to hurt. Hopefully, he hadn’t caught whatever Brian had.

“Y’all just couldn’t wait, huh?” Sara winked at Jenn, who emerged from the back dressing room with Kevin.

“Well, if you mean I couldn’t wait for this,” Jenn smiled, flinging her left hand in her friend’s direction. “Then, no, I couldn’t.”

“Oh my god!!” Sara yelled in her southern accent from across the room. Her cheeks tinted with a shade of pink when she realized everyone had stopped to stare at her. Quickly, she found something to divert the attention away from her. “Look!”

The woman grabbed Jenn’s hand and held it in the air for the room to see. A sparkle gleamed from the ring that was now gracing her ring finger.

“Well, everyone, we’re engaged.” Kevin played Captain Obvious, simply still illuminated with the glow that was born into his face when Jenn had said yes.

“Alright, Kev!” AJ called, coming over to wrap his arm around Sara. “Now you two can do it legally!”

 

The room erupted in laughter as the couple stood, not embarrassed, but completely in love.

“Yeah, AJ, when are you two going to make it legal?” Howie asked, pulling a drink out of the ice chest. “God knows y’all do it enough that it SHOULD be outlawed.”

“Hmm, soon.” AJ seemed to actually ponder the question for a bit. Then, kissing Sara’s head, he furthered. “Very soon.”

“Well, D, looks like we get to be this evening’s most eligible bachelors.” Brian walked up to the group and smiled, slinging his arm around Howie’s shoulders.

“There’s still Nicky though…” The Latino reminded.

“Whatever, man. He’s been messing with that girl ever since the party started.” Brian nodded towards Nick and the girl as they neared the exit.

Howie only shook his head and sighed. “I guess he’s still young.”

“I worry about him sometimes, though, you know it.” Kevin spoke up now, leaning against the wall with Jenn at his side.

All conversation was broken up when a record exec came over to talk business with them. Everything was going as planned. As normal as could be.

Just another party. Just another Saturday night.

None of them were aware of the fact that it was just another beginning to an ending. A tragic ending.