- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Aaron leaves Tampa Bay to go to LA for 3 months for House of Carter's taping.
Chapter 1: Leaving On A Jetplane

“We gotta go.”Aaron said pulling Caroline out of the door. She was quiet, too quiet, and on the verge of tears as they got into his black Navigator and drove towards the airport. “What’s wrong?”he asked putting his hand on her leg. She didn’t say anything. “Come on… it’s only for a few months…we have been apart longer…plus I need the money for the wedding you know that.”Aaron said as she looked over at him. “Yea but I mean Aaron…I can’t even talk to…”she started but he interrupted. “Look babe snap out of it okay… I love you you know that. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have put that rock on your finger.”he said pulling her into him as they walked into the airport doors. “I know, but you gotta understand why I am so upset. I am gonna go crazy without you. You’re gonna be hanging out with you’re family…and what do I have Jada?”she said as he kissed her on the forehead referring to their pitbull. “And you think I am going to be much better.”Aaron said rolling his eyes. “Can I have your ticket sir?”the guy asked. Aaron pulled his ticket out of his backpocket, unfolded it, and handed it to the ticket guy. “Go ahead.”he said as the two walked through security. “I love you.”Aaron said putting his hands on the sides of her face. “I love you too.”she said trying to keep the tears inside. “We are going to get through this okay, and then I am going to come back and we are going to plan an awesome wedding and blah blah blah.”Aaron said making her laugh. She nodded her head in agreement as the tears flowed. “Baby please.”he said pulling her into him. “I’m sorry.”she said quietly. “I wanted to not do this when you left because I wanted you to remember me beautiful.”Caroline said smiling. “You are beautiful.”he said smiling back at her. “Now I love you and nothing is going to ever change that. So don’t you worry while I am gone okay.”Aaron said kissing her on the forehead.

1 Month and 25 Days Later

“Hello?”Caroline whispered as she answered the phone in the bathroom of her waitressing job a few months later. “Caroline…it’s Nick.”the voice said on the other end. “What is it…I am at work.”she said sighing. “I need you to come to San Diego.”Nick said. “For what?…”Caroline said shaking her head knowing what he wanted and how stupid it was to ask. “Caroline! That’s not it okay…me and the girls and Aaron we were vacationing in San Diego, well Aaron decided to take up surfing and he got into an accident…”Nick said as Caroline cut in. “WHAT?!? IS HE OKAY?”she yelled not caring if her job heard her. “I don’t know.”Nick said quietly. “WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON”T KNOW?”Caroline yelled. “We just got him here to the hospital. He wants you to come. I have a flight booked for you in an hour okay, a limo will pick you up at the airport. Just get here.”Nick said and hung up.