- Text Size +
“Why is she not answering the door…does your room connect to hers?”Aaron asked a few hours later after sobering up. They had been knocking on her door for fifteen minutes now. “Nope…I will go down to the front desk and get a key.”Nick said running towards the elevator. Aaron banged his head up against the door and breathed out hard. He continued to knock. “Caroline come on. Open the door.”he said as Nick came up behind him with the key. He slid it through and walked into the dark room. “Cara?”Nick asked walking through the mass of clothes that was her hotel room. “I don’t see her.”Nick asked looking at all the tiny empty liquour bottles from the hotel cooler. “She’s in here.”Aaron yelled for Nick. “Oh God.”Nick said looking at her. She had fallen asleep with her head on the toilet seat. “Help me get her into the bed…damn she looks a hot mess.”Aaron said trying to pull her up himself. They layed her on the bed as she quietly mumbled a few sentences. “I need to know how much you drank tonight?”Nick kept repeating to her as he squatted by her bedside. This was all to familiar to him since AJ had his alcohol stunt a year ago. She was trying to answer him, but instead all that came out was jumbled up words. He looked up at Aaron who was so nervous he was about to throw up. “She is falling asleep so she should be okay until morning.”Nick said pulling the covers up over her. “I’m gonna stay with her.”Aaron said pulling off his shoes. “Okay.”Nick said knowing he needed to. “I’ll stop by in the morning.”Nick said walking out the door. Aaron pulled off his shirt and climbed into bed beside her. “Weird this had to be the way we slept together again.”Aaron said laughing to himself. He sat up on one arm and stared at her. Her hair was a tangled mess and her makeup was all smeared. She looked like a mess. “What have I done to you?”Aaron said brushing some of her hair out of her face. The answering machine in the hotel picked up beside him and began to play. “Hey its Ty. I just wanted to make sure you were okay….”he breathed out heavy and took a pause. “your cellphone is off so I called the hotel and your not answering here either so I don’t know maybe you’re just mad at me and don’t wanna talk, which is cool too, but I want you to know that I will always love you…I just think it would never work between us. He’d always be in the way and he’s what’s right for you and I can’t stand in the way of that. I am gonna be out of town for a week to do some shows in California, I guess you have your key or whatever if you need your things or if you wanna stay there while I’m gone. I guess I will talk to you when you get time. I love you, remember that, bye.”Tyler said and there was a beep and then silence. “I was the reason they broke up.”Aaron said thinking out loud. Caroline stirred beside him and he pulled her into him so she could lay her head on his chest.
Caroline woke up the next morning with her head spinning. Aaron slowly woke up beside her. “What are you doing here?”she asked picking her head up off of his chest. “Me and Nick came to check on you after you left last night, you kinda fell asleep on the toilet. I stayed to make sure you were…”Aaron said but she shot up and went straight to the bathroom to throw up. “You okay?”he said walking into the bathroom as she flushed the toilet and sat up against the bathtub. He leaned up against the door frame waiting for her to answer him. “No.”she said after a few minutes and burst into tears. “Hey come on…”Aaron said leaning down in front of her pulling her into a hug. “It’s gonna be okay.”he said rubbing his hand up her back. She didn’t say anything but just cried into his chest for a good ten minutes before their was a knock on the door. “Is she okay?”Nick asked as Aaron opened the door and he walked in. “See for yourself.”Aaron said pointing into the bathroom. “Guess you won’t be drinking for a while huh?”Nick said laughing at her. She put her middle finger up to him and layed her head back in the toilet. “I’m gonna head down to the lobby and get some breakfast.”Nick said and walked back out the door. "I don't want to even HEAR about food."Caroline mumbled closing her eyes about to throw up again. “Later bro.”Aaron said walking back in the bathroom. He sat down next to Caroline and put his arm around her pulling her into him. “Thanks for watching over me last night.”she said looking up at him. “No problem…it was nice to lay in bed with you even if you were completely wasted.”Aaron said and she smiled. “I love you.”she said and he smiled back at her. “I love you too.”he said and kissed her on the forehead. “Can I come back with you to Tampa?”she asked. After a few mintes he answered her. “If you promise to still marry me.”Aaron said looking down at her. “Okay.”she said and he went into kiss her but she turned her head. “I’ve been puking for hours…not a good idea.”she said and he laughed pulling her up from where she was standing.

Three Weeks Later: Caroline has moved back in with Aaron in Tampa Bay and Caroline is at NIck's house visiting.

“Do you want me to come in there with you or what?”Nick said standing outside of his bathroom in his house. “No I’ll be fine.”she said holding up the EPT pregnancy test reading the instructions. “Well hurry up this is making me nervous.”Nick said leaning up against the bathroom door. “We’re still going to have to wait a few minutes.”she said opening the door to the bathroom with the test in her hands. They both sat in silence until one bar showed up. “Hey that’s good right…one means no?”Nick asked looking at the stick as it slowly but surely formed another line. “There’s two…oh shit.”Caroline said as the tears started to form in her eyes. Nick didn’t say anything. He couldn’t think of anything to say. “Are you okay?”he asked pulling her into a hug. “I think you should take me to the doctor Nick.”she said pulling away from him wiping the tears from underneath her eyes. “Okay…okay calm down.”he said leaning down so his face was even with hers. “I just wanna find out how long its been you know?”she said walking away from him grabbing his keys off the counter. “Right now? Wait!”Nick said following her out the car. “You don’t even have a doctor here…where are we going?”he asked cranking the car up. “Just take me to your doctor. There has to be someone there who can tell me.”she said biting her nails as he drove out of the gate and it shut behind him. “God its Aaron…”Caroline said pulling her cellphone out as it began to ring as they were seated in the waiting area of the doctor’s office Nick’s doctor had sent them to. “Just don’t answer it right now.”Nick said filling out her chart for her. She was to nervous to do it herself. “Can you like do all of these diarrhea questions?”Nick asked handing her the checklist. She rolled her eyes at him and began checking away. “That’s just nasty.”he said trying to make her laugh. She didn’t budge until the nurse called her to the back. An hour after all of the bloodtests and everything the nurse just walked back in. “Miss Carter we are going to estimate you are about a month and a half pregnant you’re due date should be in October. We can get a closer date when it becomes more developed.”the nurse said laying her chart on the table. Caroline didn’t say anything. She knew what that meant and that’s what she had been afraid of. “Hey…hey!”Nick said pushing her lightly as they followed the nurse up to the check out desk. “It’s gonna be fine.”he said putting his arm around her. “Do you have any insurance today?”the lady asked realizing Nick Carter was standing in front of her. “Yea she has Blue Cross Blue Shield. It’s under my name and Jive Records.”Nick said handing the lady their insurance cards. “Okay. Then all you owe is 15 dollar copay. Man wait until I tell my daughter who was in here today. They will be so upset.”the lady said looking over at Caroline. “Oh no…no. This isn’t…wow…no this is my brother’s fiancé.”Nick said smiling. “Nick can we go? I don’t feel good.”Caroline said as he signed the credit card slip. “What’s wrong?”he said and smiled as he handed the lady back the slip and pen. "Nothing."she said pulling him out the door. As they sat in the car she was trying so hard not to cry. “I gotta call Tyler.”Caroline said and Nick almost backed into someone as he slammed on breaks realizing what she meant. “Oh my God Caroline, what the hell are you gonna do?”Nick asked putting the car into park not moving from the parking lot. “I don’t know I gotta…”she said but her cheeks puffed up and she opened the door to his Mercedes and threw up onto the pavement. “Hey come here. Stop it. It’s okay. I’ll help you don’t worry.”Nick said pulling her into him to give her a hug. She cried for at least ten minutes as they came up with a plan of action. As she drove back towards her house she called Tyler to make dinner plans that night.