- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the beginning of the Nick/ Aaron story...continue here for the complete 2nd story to Stuck in a Moment. Start here after Chapter: Inconsolable
“So have you talked to Aaron you know Kaci is going to like be here right?”Nick asked Caroline who was accompanying him to Aaron’s birthday gala in New York City for the night. “Yea…but I am okay with it. We had been talking a little lately…maybe things will work out.”she said and Nick gave her a weird look. “Um I guess.”he said as they exited the limo and walked toward the club. He put his arm on the small of her back as they stopped by the place where everyone was getting their picture taken by the press and the paparazzi snapped a few shots of them. “Hey bro!”Aaron yelled jumping on Nick. “Whats up?”Nick said giving him a hug as Aaron noticed Caroline behind him. “Hi you look great!”he said kissing her on the cheek putting his hand on the lower part of her back . “Happy Birthday. I got you this.”she said giving him a side smile. “Oh wow…I told you I wanted this back like forever ago…you didn’t have to.It was really expensive.”Aaron said seeing the watch he had told her he wanted like five months ago knowing she had no money. “Don’t worry Im making payments…Hi…you must be Kaci. I’m Caroline.”Caroline said seeing the girl standing next to Aaron. . “Ohhh so YOU’RE THE doorstep girl… I’m his girlfriend.”she said obviously drunk. Caroline gave Aaron a weird look because the way he had described it it was just a side thing. “Okay well I’m Caroline and I use to be his FIANCE.”Caroline said giving it right back to her. Aaron quickly took her away knowing a confrontation would have arose other wise. “What a good way to start the evening.”Caroline said and Nick laughed pulling her out on the dance floor. After having a few drinks, Nick and Caroline kept on dancing, but the chemistry between them was unreal and the dancing was a little well slutty. Caroline could see Aaron watching her as he was dancing with his date. He looked a little bit jealous. “Thanks for brining me Nick. I needed to get out of the house.”Caroline said as they slow danced together. “Well hey I figured I needed a hot date….but she couldn’t come so ya know.”Nick said smiling making her laugh as his hands went a little lower than expected. “You’re so stupid.”she said laughing back at him. “Can I cut in?”Aaron said tapping Nick on the shoulder. Nick nodded and Aaron put his hands around her waist. “Can we talk somewhere?”Caroline said a few minutes after they had been dancing. “Yea sure.”he said smiling at her. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up to the VIP area. “Whats up?”Aaron asked. He looked so hot in his suit and tie. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him to her tightly. “Are you okay?”Aaron said putting one of his hands on the back of her head running his hand through the light blonde curls in her hair. “No.”she said trying not to cry. “I can’t stand to see you with anybody else…and I think for so long I have been holding out, wanting you to feel how I feel that I lost track of how much time we actually lost. Yea you screwed up…but you don’t deserve a lifetime of punishment.”she said pulling away from him. “Why did you tell me that you don’t love me anymore?That’s why I moved on.”Aaron asked taken back by her outburst. “Because I didn’t want you to know. I love you, you know that. I didn’t think I needed to tell you Aaron.”she said putting her hand in his. “Caroline but…”he started but she would not let him finish. She pressed her lips to his. It was something he had been waiting so long for. “Caroline…”he said pulling away from her. “Your to late.”he said looking at Kaci down sitting in a booth by herself. “What?”she asked shocked. “Babe you look beautiful tonight and I love you but…You’re too late. I’m with Kaci and I really like her.”Aaron said knowing it would break her heart. “But we have been talking…and…I thought…oh my God”Caroline said and felt like she was going to throw up. “I gotta go.”she said. “Caroline wait!”Aaron yelled as she ran out of the club trying to flag down a taxi. Nick looked upstairs at Aaron and shook his head and then ran after her. “Caroline!”Nick yelled as she suddenly stopped by the curve. “I am so stupid.”she said beginning to cry. “What happened?”he asked putting his hands on her shoulders trying to catch his breath. “I am so stupid…I thought Aaron would just stay single and I wanted him to get me back when he deserved it you know and I wanted him to feel like I did, but he doesn’t. He never did and He’s got her and shes SO pretty and shes got an established singing career and god their just so fucking perfect for each other its disgusting.”she said looking down at the ground as she threw her arms in the air. “Hey.”Nick said putting his hand under her chin to make her look at him. “Hey shes not you. Nobody will ever be you to any of us okay ever! You know that!”Nick said pulling her into a hug. Caroline breathed out heavily as Nick flagged down their limo. “Let’s just get back to the hotel okay?”Nick said opening the door for her. As they shut the door Aaron ran out of the club looking around for the both of them.