- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter gives some insight to what happened between Caroline and Nick before...and find out what happens when Aaron finds out they did it again!
“Who knocks on the door this early in the damn morning?”Nick said walking to the door where someone was banging on the door in his underwear squinting as he turned on the light.

“You stayed here?”Aaron said stretching his neck trying to see behind Nick.

“She asked me too. What are you doing here?”Nick asked as Caroline came up behind him wrapped up in the comforter rubbing her eyes from being tired. Her eyes widened as she had previously thought Nick ordered room service. This was nowhere close to that. She covered herself up more embarrassed and ashamed.

“I can’t believe you guys.”Aaron said as he pieced it all together. Caroline looked down at the floor as Aaron shook his head.

“Why did you come here?”Caroline said looking back up at him. His eyes were starting to tear up and if he cried she would die.

“To take you to breakfast so we could talk about everything…”Aaron said trying not to get to upset.

“You’re my brother man.”Aaron said shaking his head turning to walk back towards the elevator at the end of the hall.

“You don’t deserve her Aaron…and you don’t want her if you did you’d be with her.”Nick yelled down the hall at him.

“You to deserve each other…I can’t believe you guys would do this AGAIN!”Aaron yelled turning back to look at both of them standing in the hallway.

“We’re not together Aaron…you said I was to late.”Caroline said to him as the elevator opened behind him.

“Yea well I was drunk and I so didn’t say fuck my brother.”he said as he stepped into the elevator and it closed behind him.

Caroline walked back into the hotel room and sat on the bed with her head in her hands thinking about how ridiculously familiar this was.

***********************************************
"CAROLINE AND NICK GET IN HERE." Aaron yelled from his bedroom. Caroline and Nick ran into Aaron's room from the couch and the movie they were watching. Aaron was standing in the middle of the room with a magazine in his hand. It was a kinda National Inquire thing.

"How could you do this to me? Both of you." Aaron said handing Caroline the paper.

"What are you talking about?" Nick asked and Caroline looked away from Aaron handing Nick the newspaper.

"You fucked her. Nick you always have to be better than me at everything. And Caroline you fucked my brother. Do you guys see something wrong with that?" Aaron yelled. Caroline and Nick avoided eye contact and suddenly the room became very uncomfortable.

"Aaron you were mad at me. I didn't think we were getting back together. It just happened." Caroline said beginning to cry.

"I don't care if we were together or not. He's my brother. Nick she's my girlfriend. You guys deserve each other." Aaron said beginning to cry himself.

"Aaron stop okay. That was a long time ago." Caroline said trying to touch him.

"Stop it! It's over!" Aaron said. He walked over to her and yanked the necklace off her neck breaking the locket in half and walked out of the room. Caroline fell back on Aaron's bed and sobbed harder.

"What are we gonna do Nick?" Caroline asked.

"Well he's my brother he'll have to forgive me someday." Nick said coming to sit down beside her. They heard the door slam hard downstairs and knew they were in the house alone together and the room became even more uncomfortable than before which neither of them knew could be possible.

"That doesn't help me." Caroline sighed sitting up beside him.

"It's not like we did it to hurt him Caroline. You liked me and I liked you and don't act like you don't feel the same way now. Aaron will get over it." Nick said giving her a hug.

"I don't want it to be over with me and him." Caroline said sobbing into his shirt.

"I know and it won't be okay. I'll talk to him and tell him it was my fault or something." Nick said.

"It wasn't your fault though it was mine." Caroline said looking up at him.

"I don't care who's fault it was. I have to make it better or you won't be happy." Nick said.

"Why do you have to care so much for me? It makes it ten times harder." Caroline said.

"Get your stuff I'm gonna let you stay at my place." Nick said picking up her already packed bag.

********************************************************


Nick ran after Aaron down the stairs and met him in the lobby of the hotel. “AARON!”Nick yelled and he turned around looking with tears streaming down his face. He was truly hurt by this and Nick's heart sank.

“Leave me alone! I want nothing to do with you!”Aaron yelled as Nick followed him outside. Nick grabbed his arm and made him stand in front of him.

“Look last night I asked you if you wanted her and you said NO! She doesn’t deserve to be treated like this Aaron! You can’t keep pulling her in and then letting her go. It’s not fair!”Nick yelled as Aaron looked at the ground. Caroline leaned over the balcony trying to hear what they were saying.

“Oh and I guess you’d be so much better for her Nick Jesus Christ you dated Paris Hilton. You won't be any better for her.”Aaron said throwing his arms in the air rolling his eyes.

“What does that have to do with anything? Caroline is the epitome of standards…she’s practically fucking perfect you’re just to blind to see it.”Nick asked confused.

“Nothing Nick forget it.”Aaron said starting to walk away again, but he turned suddenly and rushed yelling into Nick's face. “You know what don’t forget it. The thing is is that I trusted you guys together again and you did it AGAIN! You guys had sex AGAIN! You know I love her! YOU KNOW I DO! NO MATTER WHAT I SAID!”

“THEN ACT LIKE IT AARON! GOD DAMMIT!”Nick yelled as they were starting to draw a crowd in the busy streets of New York City.

“Act mature enough to be with her Aaron.”Nick said lowering his voice noticing the crowd. The last thing he wanted was for this to get into the papers and on television

“After this I don’t want it anymore. Have her.”Aaron said looking up seeing Caroline looking at them on the balcony. Her heart sank and she knew she had been wrong.

Nick shut the door behind him as he walked back in. He put his hands on the top of his head and breathed out as he looked up at the ceiling. “Well we have managed to do it again.”Caroline said starting to cry.

“It’s different this time.”Nick said sitting beside her patting her on the leg.

“How?”she asked looking up at him.

“He’s different. Somehow he has managed to become more immature…Caroline he doesn’t want you anymore. He told me last night and just a few minutes ago. He has changed. Hes trying to make you feel bad when its his fault. It’s his fault you guys broke up to begin with. He let you get away.”Nick said as the tears burst out of her eyes.

“Come here baby…you don’t deserve that.”Nick said pulling her into him as she cried into his chest. He lifted her face up to look at him and kissed her lightly as her eyes were closed so tight.

“Do you want me to go?”he asked pulling away from her.

“No.”she said opening her eyes to look at him as her nose brushed his.

“Who knows…maybe this will be right this time.”Nick said quietly. She gave him a side smile as her phone vibrated beside her. It read “Baby” on the caller ID. She flipped it over before Nick could figure out who it was and it vibrated again letting her know he had left a text message. She rolled over on her stomach and opened it away from Nick.

WarWound AC:I cannot believe you. After all that happened last time. I am not mad Cara I am livid.
EastCoastGC: So was I when I saw you making out with kaci last night…you said I was to late Aaron…say what you fucking mean.
WarWoundAC: I will…you chose which brother you wanted. Don’t talk to me ever again.
EastCoastGC: that’s ridiculous
WarWoundAC: I mean it. If you are going to start dating Nick…which I know you will our paths will cross. Don’t even act like you know me.
EastCoastGC: Whatever Aaron. Youre being stupid.
WarWoundAC disconnected.