- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hanging out in New York City...
Caroline layed back on the bed as Nick came out of the bathroom where he had went to take a shower. “Hey I gotta meet the boys at the studio. We have a few last minute things to put on the record before its release in a few weeks so…”Nick said looking at himself in the mirror running his hands through his hair to make it messy.

“How can you just be so okay with this?”Caroline asked walking up behind him.

“I’m not! I just have things that have to be done no matter what I have a CD coming out in less than two weeks…this can’t be my whole life Caroline I have fans and a career too.”Nick said and it came out all wrong. Her face dropped as he said that.

“Great.”Caroline said and walked out of the bathroom.

“I didn’t mean it like that…I just mean I have responsibilities to three other guys and millions of people.”Nick said following her as she turned around to him.

“Okay.”she said pulling some clothes of a drawer, putting on a black sundress.

"You're mad aren't you?"he asked grabbing her hand.

"No Nick... I am just stressed out with the whole situation. I don't know if this is the right thing to be doing."she said looking down at their hands.

“Look just come with me today and you can decide. I promise hanging out with the big brother is better than you think...I think AJ is going to be there. I know how much you love him.”Nick said smiling as he picked up his wallet from the bed side table while putting on his watch.

“I kinda wanna wallow in self pity.”she said breathing out heavily.

“Well I won’t allow that.”he said smiling at her pulling her out the door. They walked towards the elevator and Nick pressed the L for lobby.

"Cheer up."he said leaning down to her level putting his forehead up to hers. She smiled at him slightly as the elevator opened and they were greeted by a million flashing lights.

“Doesn’t this get annoying?”Caroline said stepping into the limo behind Nick as paparazzi tried to take more pictures.

“I’ve been doing it for thirteen years or so. I’m use to it.”he said pulling a water bottle out of the cooler in the limo handing it to her, then pulled out another for himself.

“I guess with…well…it just wasn’t this huge.”she said shaking her head looking out the window at the streets of New York.

“Welcome to the life of a Backstreet Boy.” Nick said and put his hand on her leg as the car drove them to the studio.

“You’re shirt is stupid.”Caroline said looking at Nick’s yellow Howie is my homeboy shirt as they pulled up in front of the New York City studio.

“Whatever this thing is badass...one of the fans made these for us.”Nick said pushing her out of the limo. She laughed a little as she pulled her sunglasses up from her face into her hair.

“Hey babe.”AJ said as they walked into the studio area. He pulled her into a hug and kissed her on the cheek then looked over to Nick with a weird look. It wasn't weird for her to come into the studio with Nick, but it was weird for them to be holding hands.

“What’s on the agenda today man?”Nick asked ignoring his glance pulling a chair out for Caroline to sit in near the soundboard.

“Really not all that much. We just need to put in the harmony for Treat Me Right and that’s it.”AJ said handing Nick some headphones as he walked into the recording room.

“So did you just come to help Nick?”AJ asked sitting down next to her at the sound board.

“Something like that.”Caroline said looking away from him quickly. She was uncomfortable talking about it.

“You two had sex didn’t you…yes you did its written all over your face!”AJ said laughing at her as she pushed him a little and started to laugh.

“Instead of worrying about my life…paint your fingernails dude!”Caroline said noticing he only painted the top half black.

“I like it like that.”he said as he started the music for Nick. Nick came back in and looked over at her as he finished up his singing.

“So um I may be a while we gotta do all the boring stuff with the mix board so do you wanna go shopping or something?”Nick said smiling at her.

“Yea…meet me for lunch or something.”she said turning to walk out the door. He met her in the hallway as she walked out.

“Hey…here.”he said pulling out his wallet.

“Nick no. I have money.”she said as he handed her his Black platinum visa card. He gave her a look because he knew she didn’t.

“Yes.”he said shoving it in her hand.

“Get whatever you want…nothing is to expensive okay. Remember who your talking to right now.”Nick said smiling at her. She rolled her eyes. She hated it when he was cocky. Yes, he had millions, but that was not something she was interested in.

“I hate you.”she said smiling back at him.

“I love you too.”he said laughing as she threw her arms around his neck. He pulled his head back and kissed her.

“See there can be perks to dating a backstreet boy.”he said holding her in his arms.

“I don’t wanna do this…you are making me.”she said letting him go.

“Um whatever you snatched that shit out of my hand before I could even hand it to you.”he said laughing.

“Call me for lunch.”she said kissing him again before she walked out of the studio. Nick walked back into the room with AJ.

“So you finally got her huh?”AJ said as Nick sat back beside him.

“Aaron really messed up. I picked up the pieces.”he said looking down away from AJ.

“Yea right dude I know you love her.”AJ said pushing his shoulder.

“Always have.”Nick said smiling.

Around lunch time--

“Whats up beautiful?”Nick said putting his arms around her waist from behind as he sneaked up on her at the pizza shop they were eating at on 5th Avenue.

“Hey…”she said smiling at him as he gave her a kiss.

“Got enough bags?”he asked as they sat down at the table with their food.

“I will have you know that I did not swipe your card once today. I used my own thank you.”she said and he laughed.

“I told you to use mine. Two or three thousand is not gonna break me trust me. You’re worth it to spend it on.”he said making her smile.

“Okay well maybe I used it once then…”she said as he smiled back at her.

“Here.”she said handing him his card back along with the receipt for around 500 dollars which she had used to buy a new Coach bag.

“You’re a keeper. I give you access to lots and you don't even use a thousand.”he said looking at the receipt.

“Well you certainly know I don’t want you for your money.”she said laughing.

“Listen so the CD is coming out in a few days and I got a lot of promotion to do so I probably won’t see you for a week or so…but there is this release party here in New York on the third so if you could come and maybe be my date that would be great.”Nick said hopefully.

“God do you ever get time off?”she said wondering. Nick hadn't had a vacation once this year.

“Unfortunatly not anytime soon with the new CD and promotion and all that…probably a tour afterwards... things won’t slow down for probably a year…sure you wanna sign on for that?”he said as they got up from eating. He grabbed her bags as the stepped back out to the limo.

“Are you given me a choice?”she asked looking up at him.

“Not really.”he said as he put his arm around her inside the car.

“So will you be my date then?”he asked smiling at her.

“Yea…yea.”she said laughing.