- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Surprise visits are awesome.
“Sure I’ll be right back with that…”Caroline said walking away from the table she was waiting on running into the back to get some honey mustard sauce. She ran smack into John, one of the guys that she worked with every night at her second job.

“Whoa sorry.”she said reaching into the cooler grabbing the sauce.

“It’s cool…chill out just cause we’re busy doesn’t mean you have to kill yourself.”he said smiling at her as she ran back out into the dining room. She noticed she had a new table and dropped the sauce off and ran over to get their drink order.

“I have two more coming so three cokes k.”the guy said in a rude tone. Caroline gave him a look and ran to the back to fix his drinks. She walked back out to the table with the drinks and set them down on the table without looking at the guy. She felt two arms go around her back and turned around as the guy sitting at her table started smiling.

“HEY!!!!”Caroline said wrapping her arms around Nick’s neck.

“I told him to be mean to you…”Nick said giving his apparent friend a nod who was sitting at the table.

“Thanks…what are you doing here?”she asked giving him a quick kiss.

“Um well I had some time off and I wanted to come surprise you.”he said making her smile.

“When do you get off?”he asked sitting down at the table.

“Like an hour…”she said looking back at the rest of her tables making sure they were okay.

“I’ll be right back..”she said putting her hand on Nick’s shoulder as she walked to the back to get a water pitcher.

"CAROLINE!”all the people that she worked with said simultaneously. She looked up at them surprised.

“Okay so why do you have a job here if you’re dating a Backstreet Boy…better yet why were we not told?”one of the girls she worked with asked.

“Ummmm it’s just Nick…”she said and shrugged her shoulders. It just wasn't a big deal to her anymore.

“UM yea just Nick CARTER!”another girl said from behind her.

“Get over it guys.”Caroline said laughing and walked out into the dining room.

“You have created quite the rucus back there.”Caroline said walking back up to the table Nick was seated at. He laughed as she bent down to take their order. The restaurant closed an hour later and Nick sat down in front of Caroline as she started to roll some silverware.

“You like this job?”he asked watching her. “It’s okay I guess…pays the bills barely…I really gotta move outta that big ass house.”she said reffering to Aaron’s.

“So sell it and move in with me…”Nick said looking out the window as a car drove up putting the brights in through the window.

“God what a jerk.”Caroline said standing up trying to motion to the guy to turn his lights off.

“I’ll take care of it.”Nick said and started to walk outside. Caroline followed him outside to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid.

“Nice car.”she said as the lights were turned off to reveal a black BMW Mseries convertible.

“You like it…cause I bought it for you.”Nick said putting his arm around her.

"WHAT?!”she asked in shock.

“Yea I know Aaron wants the Navigator back so…I got you a new car.”Nick said shrugging his shoulders.

“Oh my God!”she said throwing her arms around him while kissing him.

“You are so fucking amazing!”Caroline said making him laugh.

“It’s so pretty I don’t even wanna touch it.”she said slowly sitting inside.

"Wait let me go check out and then can I drive it?"she asked jumping right back out making Nick laugh.

"It's your car babe."Nick said. She turned from the car and ran back inside. She returned a few minutes later counting her money.

"I'm going to be driving a BMW making fifty dollars a night."she said as Nick opened the car door back up for her.

"Yea well good thing you have me to support you."Nick said closing her door. He walked around to the other side and got in beside her.

"So you like it?"he asked as she slowly pulled out of the restaurant parking lot.

"I love it...but its too much Nick. You keep it."she said turning to look at him as she pulled onto the highway to head back to her house.

"Caroline I bought it for you. Just take it."he said putting his hand on hers as it rested on the gear shift. She looked down at his hand and smiled.

"Thanks."she said and smiled. "Has Aaron tried to call you or anything?"

"Nah. I am really surprised. He must be really pissed."Nick said looking over at her.

"He tried to call me the other day. He left a really nice message."she said sarcastically as she pulled into her driveway.

"Why? What'd it say?"he asked opening his door to get out.

"Just that he hoped I was happy...I don't know it was stupid. I'll let you hear it later if you want."she said sighing as she unlocked the door.

Nick walked in the house noticing she hadn't changed much since Aaron moved out. All of the pictures of the two of them were still on the walls and he was kind of a little jealous of that. "You should take these down."Nick said pointing to some of them.

"I know...just between school and work and shit I don't even have time to think about redecorating or selling."she said pulling out two beers from the refrigerator.

"Selling?...so your gonna come live with me then?"Nick asked perking up grabbing the beer from her.

"I didn't say that."she said looking up at him as she drank her beer.

"But you didn't say no either."Nick said making her smile.

"So what are you doing here anyways?"Caroline asked walking over to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her down on his lap.

"Came to see you...we're doing a radio show with a bunch of artists tomorrow."he said kissing her on the cheek.

"Gotcha."she said nodding her head.

"But for tonight...I am all yours."he said smirking.

"Is that so?"she said laughing.

"So ravage me if you wish."he said tickling her as she fell into his chest laughing.