- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Aaron and Nick are scheduled at the same venue...on the same night.
“Wanna hear the new song…I’ve been writing it the past few days…I guess you could say its sort of about you.”Nick said and she smiled as she sat next to him in the backstage area.

“You’re a sweetheart.”she said and he smiled as he pressed play on his IPOD touch and placed the headphones over her ears.

When Im down on my luck
And Im searching for my soul
When Im feeling to much
And I start to lose control
When Im down so low
That even enemies don’t wanna know
You still care for me
Say a prayer for me
And I know
I like you hanging around
You lift me up when I am upside down
You are my favorite sound
When your arms are around me
I don’t wanna let you go…

“AJ and Howie still have their parts so its just music from here on….”Nick said pulling her hand into his as she took off the headphones.

“Cara…”Nick said because she was silent staring off into space.

“That was so great.”Caroline said amazed that he felt that way about her. I mean he loved her, no doubt, its just he never really overly expressed himself, unless it was through song.

“You just…you’ve always been there for me so I wanted to show you that I really appreciate it.”he said and she smiled.

“I love you.”she said putting her hands on the side of his face pulling him into kiss her.

“And I knew it would get me laid.”he said laying her back onto the couch.

“And that you were right about.”she said kissing him harder.

“Hey guys get a room.”Brian said coming into the backstage room with his son Baylee.

“Wow I thought you guys would be gone for at least an hour sorry dude.”Nick said standing up from on top of her embarrassed. Baylee stuck his tongue out at Nick and Nick smiled.

“I just went to McDonalds its next door.”Brian said holding onto Baylees hand as he sat down at the table to eat his food.

“And I bet you didn’t get me anything did you?”Nick asked walking over to the table.

“I think you were getting enough.”Brian said smiling at Caroline as her face reddened. She was still not fully comfortable with the other boys knowing about her and Nick. She feared what they thought about the whole thing.

“Nick was letting me listen to some new album stuff.”Caroline said putting her hands on Nick’s shoulders as he sat down at the table with the two boys.

“You like it?”he asked stuffing some fries in his face.

“Yea its much more edgier…if that’s a word.”she said thinking really hard looking up at the ceiling with her hand on the side of her face.

“Don’t hurt yourself “babe.”Nick said and she punched him in the arm.

“Whats going on little man?”Caroline asked giving Baylee a high five.

“Eatin.”he said picking up his chicken nuggets.

“I can see that.”she said smiling at him. Brian had the cutest kid ever in the entire world.

“Seen Aaron lately I heard he’s gonna be here performing.”Brian said looking up at Nick as Nick snagged some fries. Caroline looked down at Nick. He had not told her that Aaron would be here.

“Nope…not since his birthday.”Nick said. They were performing with a collaboration of artists at the Z100 show for the Fourth of July in Orlando.

“Should be interesting.”Caroline said rolling her eyes.

“He hasn’t even tried to contact you?”Brian asked looking over at Caroline.

“Oh yea he calls…wanting his car back which was a gift so its mine I’m not giving it up…its in my name.”she said and Nick looked over at her confused.

“Just give it back to him I got you a new one.”Nick said narrowing his eyes at her.

“It’s the principle Nick and I like that car.”she said and he shrugged his shoulders.

“I dunno how you afford the gas for that big ass car.”Nick said.

“Sorry.”he said remembering Baylee was sitting there as Brian put his finger over his mouth to tell Nick to shut up.

"I work two jobs…remember???”she said knocking on Nick’s head with her hand.

“So you guys haven’t talked at all and you are supposed to be performing together….”Brian continued with his conversation. Nick sure had left out a lot when he told Caroline about this show today.

“Pretty much…what’s to talk about?”Nick asked shrugging his shoulder.

“The songs appropriate.”Brian said laughing.

“Shut up man.”Nick said laughing with him as the rest of the boys came in.

“You gonna come watch?”Nick asked standing up holding out his hand for Caroline.

“Think I should?”she asked knowing it would be weird.

“Who cares…come on.”Nick said pulling her with him to the dressing room where he was getting his outfit.

“How is everybody today?!?”Aaron yelled into the mic as Nick walked onto the stage. Caroline was watching from the side as the music started to play to She Wants Me. Aaron walked to the side of the stage where she was standing and she tried to hide herself as much as she could in all of the equipment, luckily he didn’t see her. Nick saw her and started laughing a little and winked at her.

“What’d you think?”Nick said running off stage putting a sweaty arm around her.

“When Brian said appropriate I didn’t think he meant dead on.”she said and he laughed while drinking some of his water bottle.

“So what’s up guys? Having fun being in love.”Aaron said standing in front of them suddenly.

“Don’t talk to me.”Caroline said and pushed passed him.

“What’s her problem?”Aaron asked looking back at Nick who was shaking his head.

“You man…just leave her alone. We're doing fine without you.”Nick said and got in Aaron’s face.

“Whatever man.”Aaron said and walked the other way passed him. The Backstreet Boys had a performance of a few songs and then the boys went out to get something to eat.

“No babe I thought it was great.”Caroline said patting Nick on his knee under the table as they finished up their meal.

“Can we talk?”a voice said leaning in behind her whispering.

“Are you stalking me?”Caroline asked Aaron as her and Nick both turned around.

“I need to talk to you…”Aaron said as the rest of the table turned to look at them to see what drama would unfold.

“Are you dying?”Caroline asked. He shook his head no.

“Then don’t talk to me.”Caroline said pushing past him as Nick stood up as well and followed her out.

“Come on Nick we are going!I cannot believe he would bring that here and embarrass me in front of everyone!”Caroline yelled pulling him towards the parking lot. They got inside his black Range Rover and pulled forward almost running Aaron over. Nick slammed on the breaks in order to not hit him. Caroline swung open the door to the car and ran over to Aaron.

“Are you okay?”she asked as he stood in front of the car stunned.

“Yes.”he said.

“GOOD! That was SO STUPID!”she said hitting him on the side of the head.

“What’s stupid is this!”Aaron said looking around at the three of them.

“What do you want from me Aaron?”Caroline said as Nick listened to the conversation from inside the car.

“I want you Caroline.I want you. I don't even care about the Nick thing anymore. I just want you babe.”Aaron said letting his arms fall to the side. He was about to give up and she knew this was his last attempt.

“Aaron you had me…you had months ago at your birthday all dressed up for you…and you chose Kaci. You don’t want me. If you did you would have me. You like the chase Carter not me. So if that’s what you want then have it.”Caroline said and turned and got back in the car.

“Caroline.”Aaron said throwing his hands into the air as the Range Rover sped past him.

“Are you okay?”Nick asked putting his hand on her leg. She did not say anything, just looked out the window, as her phone vibrated in her pocket. She knew it would be Aaron and she just let it ring.

“Babe?”Nick said rubbing her leg.

“I don’t wanna talk right now.”Caroline said trying not to cry.

“Aaron’s an idiot.”he said quietly.

“I SAID I DON’T WANNA TALK!”she yelled and Nick shut up really fast.