- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A few months down the road...
2 Months Later--- Caroline ran into the bathroom and threw up all over the toilet. “Babe are you okay?”Nick asked coming in behind her. The Backstreet Boys had been doing a small US tour in very small venues with the new cd and they were traveling by bus to the next city. “I’m fine. It’s fine.”she said wiping her mouth with a towel. “This is like the millionth time you have been sick in the past week. Do you wanna go to the doctor?”he asked leaning up against the door frame. “I said I’m fine!”she said holding onto her stomach. She knew what was wrong with her. This wasn’t the first time. Nick walked away from her back to the back of the bus and sat down to watch some TV. She walked in slowly and stood in front of him. “You okay?”he asked trying to look past her to watch the football game. When she didn’t say anything he looked up confused. She sat down beside him and put her hand on his leg. “I’m pregnant Nick…and…”she said and started to cry not able to tell him the real truth. Nick looked like he had just been slapped with a bag full of bricks. “And what?”he said breathing in heavily. “…Im sorry.”she said putting her head in her hands. He didn’t say anything he just got up and walked into the bathroom. She followed him and tried to touch him but he shrugged her off. “It’s fine…its just really bad timing and with the CD and tour and dammit I’m not going to be here very much.”he said turning around to look at her as he leaned up against the sink. “Other than that…its really not that bad of news…come here.”he said pulling her into him. “I’m gonna go to lunch with Aaron tomorrow okay…”she said and he looked shocked. “That’s random.”he said giving her a weird look narrowind his eyebrows. “I just haven’t seen him in a while and ya know…”she said. “No I don’t know…but whatever you want.”he said walking past her to sit back down to his Buckaneers game. Aaron looked over at his cellphone as Baby popped up on the caller ID for the first time in months. He let it go to voicemail and then checked it after she was done. “Aaron its Caroline look something big has happened and I need to talk meet me for lunch around 12 at our place.”she said and hung up. Caroline sat down at the table at their usual spot to eat and waited not knowing if he would show or not. She looked down at the floor as he walked into the restaurant with his white hat on and white polo with jeans. He sat down across from her and waited on her to say something. “If you aren’t gonna talk Im going.”Aaron said and started to get up out of the chair. “Wait.”she said looking up at him and he could tell she was going to cry. He sat back down as her phone vibrated next to her with Nick calling her. “I’m talking to Aaron I’ll call you back.”she said and hung up the phone. She rubbed her fingers together as she started to talk. “Stop it.”he said noticing she was nervous. “I’m pregnant.”she spilled out and his eyes opened really wide. “Well congradu fucking lations Caroline good God!”Aaron said angry. “Can you shut the fuck up and let me finish.”she said and he got quiet. “It’s yours.”she said looking straight at him. “Give me a fucking break. You’re trying to tell me you and Nick haven’t had sex?”Aaron asked leaning in towards her. “I’m three and a half months pregnant Aaron think back to who I was having sex with then.”Caroline said and Aaron’s face lightened.He was quiet for a few minutes because she was actually serious. “Say something.”she said trying not to cry. “What do you want me to say? I am at a loss for words right now. You’re dating my BROTHER!”Aaron said loudly. “And it’s your kid Aaron. Forget it Im leaving.”she said slamming her hands down on the table while standing up. She pulled her pocket book up and walked out the door. “Hey!”he called after her as he ran up behind her. He pulled her into him into a hug and rubbed the back of her hair with his hand. “I’m gonna be there okay. Don’t worry.”he said looking up at the sky. She looked up at him and he rubbed his hand on the side of her face. “We’re going through it again huh?”he said looking down at her making her smile. “I guess so.”she said as their faces got closer and their forheads touched as they remembered the long long time ago. ******************************************************** (This part should be a flashback but my html is messing up sorry) "Hey how ya feeling?"Aaron asked walking into her hospital room for the first time. "I lost it ya know?"Caroline said sniffling. "What?"Aaron asked shocked. "I lost the baby. The fall was too much and I lost it."Caroline said putting her hands over her face to cover her tears. "Baby."Aaron said pulling her hands off of her face so that she would look at him. "It wasn't your fault." "Yes it is if I was older we wouldn't have been there and this wouldn't have happened."she said closing her eyes. "Stop it. You couldn't help that."he said taking her hands in his. "Aaron I just killed a little baby okay just stop."she said taking her hands out of his shaking them in the air. "Just go." she said motioning for him to leave. Aaron got up slowly and walked out the door glancing back at her. ********************************************************* “Where’s Kaci?”she said but he did not pull away from her. “Not with her.”he said quietly. He rubbed his thumbs under her eyes to wipe away her tears. Her phone rang to the tune of I Want It That Way and Aaron pulled away knowing it was his brother. “Hey.”she said looking down the ground. “Sorry to interrupt but I gotta make the reservations for tomorrow night what time will you be done?”Nick asked. Caroline looked up at Aaron who was gazing out in the street. He looked cute in his white hat. “Maybe 8 I guess…I get outta class at 7 so…”she said sighing. “Okay babe remember to pick something up to wear. Love you.”he said and she hung up the phone. “So what now?”Aaron said as she walked back over to him. “I got a doctor’s appointment tomorrow…come.”she said with a hopeful look. He looked down at her and smiled. She hadn't asked him to be in any part of her life recently, so this was a big step for them. “Lunch before?”he asked as she pulled out her keys from her pocket book. “Just call me.”she said turning to walk away. “Jada misses you.”he said giving her a side smile referring to the puppy they bought which had now grown into a big dog. As she turned around and smiled he ran up to her and pulled her into another tight hug. “I miss you babe.”he said squeezing her tightly. “I know. I miss you too. See you tomorrow okay?”she said pulling away from him. “And see you Friday. I’m coming to the release party.”Aaron called after her. “Hey Aaron…I haven’t told Nick yet okay…I’m just like waiting for the right time. So just keep it quiet for a little bit.”she said as she walked towards the BMW Nick had bought her and got in leaning her head back on the seat as she breathed out heavily. She remembered before when she told Aaron she was pregnant and his parents flipped. ******************************************************* "Aaron what are we gonna do?"Caroline said sighing. "I don't know. I just don't know."Aaron said laying stomach down on the floor in the back of the bus. "It just doesn't seem real at all."Caroline sighed looking over at him. "It's just we're so young."Aaron whispered thinking about how much of his life should be ahead of him. "I know I feel stupid."Caroline said. She got up from the couch and sat down beside him on the floor. "You shouldn't I bet you'd be a good mom."Aaron said turning to see her. She smiled because it was really sweet of him to say. "You think so?"she asked playing with a string hanging off of his sweater. "Of course yeah."he said smiling. He grabbed the hand that was on his sweater and put it into his.
******************************************************* She watched Aaron in the rear view mirror walk down the street towards his car. She sat there for a few minutes until she drove off down the streets of LA.