- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is really sweet...
Caroline walked into the doctor’s office alone wondering when Aaron would get there. It was a good thing Nick had rehearsal for the tour today, because he would have wanted to come to the appointment. She signed her name in and took the insurance papers from the lady. I can’t even fill this out until Aaron gets here. She looked up and saw him pulling his sunglasses up into his hair as he opened the door to the office. He gave her a side smile. He was nervous.

“Hey.”he said putting his hand in hers as he sat down next to her leaning in close to her he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Do you have our insurance card?”she asked looking up at him. She had insurance through Jive Records with Aaron and Nick. He pulled out his wallet and skimmed through his credit cards to find the BCBS card.

“Ew.”Aaron said as she circled vomiting and diarrhea as symptoms.

“I’m pregnant Aaron this isn’t a beauty pageant application.”she said rolling her eyes as she walked up to the desk to hand the lady her papers.

“You nervous?”he asked a few minutes later after she had sat back down.

“Yea.”she said biting her lip. She was either going to throw up or cry, one of the two.

“I just I don’t know how to tell Nick. He’s going to be heart broken and I’ve already lied to him for two days now…it’s killing me.”she said and Aaron was silent. She knew he didn’t want to hear that.

“I’m sorry.”she said quietly looking away from him to let him know she understood. He dropped his hand from hers and rubbed them down his pants a few times. He really was nervous.

“Caroline…”a nurse said sticking her head out of the door.

“Is it okay if he comes?”she asked looking back at Aaron.

“Of course…”the nurse said smiling at them. After taking her blood tests and everything the nurse took them into a room where the doctor would come in.

“I’m really gonna puke Aaron.”Caroline said looking down at her phone as it vibrated with Nick on the caller ID. She quickly shut it off.

“You’re fine.”he said rubbing his hand up her back. He squatted down in front of her propping himself up on her legs.

“and I love you…and everything will work out okay.”he said rubbing his hands up her legs. She bit her lip again as the tears slowly came out.

“Stop babe.”he said as she looked up at the ceiling. She didn’t say a word as he wiped the tears from under her eyes.

“Alright….are we ready to see a baby??”the doctor said walking into the door right in the middle of her crying.

“Oh don’t cry…everything will be perfect.”the doctor said putting his chart down on the table. Caroline smiled at him as he helped her lay back on the chair.

“Okay so I’m just going to put this gel stuff on you and we will get this going k…”he said squirting the warm gel on her stomach. A black and white image appeared on the screen. She grabbed Aaron’s hand as she saw their baby, as small as it was, in her stomach.

“Oh my…”she said smiling. Everything would be fine, this was reassurance. She looked over at Aaron’s face and he actually had tears in his eyes. I guess this was a reality check for both of them.

“Would you like to know the sex of your baby?”the doctor asked. Aaron looked over at Caroline who shook her head.

“No thanks….we’ll wait.”Aaron said and smiled at her.

“Well guys everything looks normal from what I can tell…so if you don’t have anymore questions just take this up to the front and we'll get everything settled up for ya."the doctor said patting Caroline on the back as he walked them up to the front. She put her hand down on her stomach and rubbed around a little bit as Aaron checked them out and payed the copay.

"So that was really cool."Aaron said looking over at her as she pulled her sunglasses back over her eyes from their position in her hair as they stopped walking by her car.

"Yea I can't believe that's growing in me right now."she said staring past him at the cars on the road. She was completely in a daze.

"Thanks for letting me come...and listen."Aaron said pausing to push a strand of hair out of her face. "Everything will be fine when you tell Nick."

"No he's gonna flip. How can i expect him to stay with me after knowing its your child?"Caroline asked looking up at him.

"You're planning on staying with Nick?"Aaron asked surprised. He thought differently.

"Aaron let's not talk about this right now. I have to get going and get my hair done for tonight."she said avoiding the whole questions all together. He looked over at her as she opened the door to her car."Thank you for coming."she said pulling him into a hug.

"No problem."he said in an upset tone. She had really made him angry with the whole staying with Nick thing.

"See you tonight?"she asked sitting down in her carseat.

"Yea."he said quietly and shut her door for her. She waved at him as she backed out of the parking spot and he began walking to his car.