- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Truth will set you free...
“Where the hell are you?”Nick yelled into the phone as Caroline finally picked it up. He had been waiting for fourty five minutes at the restaurant they were suppose to meet at.

“I’m sorry class ran over…way over.”she said feeling really bad.

“You aren’t gonna make it in time. Just have the limo come pick me up after you get ready…I’ll eat by myself.”Nick said and hung up the phone before she could say anything. He layed his menu down and called over the waiter to order.

She rushed back to her house and hopped back in the limo to pick Nick up. “Sorry.”she said giving him a pouty look as he stepped inside with her.

“It’s fine.”he said sitting down beside her looking her over.

“If it makes you feel better I’m starving.”she said trying to make him smile.

“I said its fine. Nothing could ruin tonight.”he said putting his arm around her.

“You look hot.”she said looking at Nick in his black suit and blue tie.

“As do you.”he said smiling at her finally. She had on a small black dress with slits up the side.

“You’re starting to show there babe.”he said patting her on the stomach. She swallowed hard because for a half a second she had forgotten about the giant protruding belly she had with his brothers kid inside.

“Yeah so this should make for interesting conversation tonight for you and the media…”she said looking away from him.

“I’ll just avoid questions on it…no big deal.”he said shrugging his shoulders.They stepped out of the limo in front of Club Zero where the release party was being held. The boys decided to show up separate so there would not be to much hype all at one time.

“NICK NICK! Can we get an interview?”people called out from all directions. He started talking to all of them while holding on tight to Caroline’s hand. His grip tightened when his little brother decided to crash the party. Nick hurried inside trying not to have to speak to him in front of the press.

“Wow that was nuts!”Caroline said as they walked into the club. Her head was still spinning.

“Welcome to my world baby.”Nick said throwing his hands into the air as they both looked at the club they had just stepped into all set up for the boys. Nick saw Brian and waved at him while running over to talk to him.

“This is awkward.”Aaron said walking up behind her as he came in through the door.

“Tell me something I don’t know.”she said rolling her eyes.

“You look beautiful mama.”he said smiling at her as Nick looked over at the two of them as the boys walked onto the stage to give their opening speech and thank everyone for coming. She smiled back at him and quickly looked away.

“…and I wanna thank that girl right there for helping all of us get a new prespective on things with the CD. Without her, half of these songs would have stayed on the studio floor. Come up for a second.”Nick said and all the other boys smiled as he practically dragged her onstage.

“For those of you who don’t know…this is my girlfriend Caroline and yea…yea…everybody quiet down for a second I got something I wanna say.”Nick said laughing.

“I think you’re the most beautiful girl I have ever layed eyes on and I am so damn happy that I finally got you for real this time…”Nick said getting down on one knee. Caroline felt like she was going to throw up, this was not where she thought this was going. He took her hand in his and pulled out a tiny box from his jacket pocket.

“And I’m about to start a new chapter in my life with this cd and hopefully in another way so I want you to marry me.”Nick said and everyone gasped…then began to clap. She looked down at his smiling face and then spotted Aaron in the crowd looking straight at her in shock. Aaron saw her rubbing her hands together as she said okay. Nick picked her up and twirled her around hugging her. When she looked back down at the crowd Aaron was gone. Nick turned her face to his and kissed her as a thousand camera flashes went off.

“So…are you happy?”Nick asked as they stepped off the stage.

“Surprised would be more like it.”she said smiling at him.

“I just I know you and I know that you don’t wanna go through this alone.”he said putting his hand on her stomach.

“…if that’s why you are doing this take it back.”she said pulling away from him.

“No no…you took it wrong. I just…I wanna be there.”he said putting his hand on the lower part of her back pulling her into him.