- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The big apology she had been waiting for...
“So are you gonna go with me tonight?”Ashley said coming up behind Caroline from her bedroom.

“Um are you retarded?”she said turning around to look at her friend in amazement that she could even remotely be so stupid. Since the public display between Caroline and Nick every news station had ran the story with a taped version of their fight and it was on every internet site imaginable. One could only begin to imagine how the Backstreet fans had taken it...let's just say there were more than fifty hate sites dedicated straight to her.

“Come on out of thousands of people he will never see you.”her friend said getting on her knees begging her to come to see the Backstreet Boys with her tonight. Her and Nick had not talked in three months, neither had she and Aaron. She had been dealing with the pregnancy all on her own working two jobs fifty hours a week. Aaron and Nick had gone back to being best friends as the next season of the House of Carters had begun filming.

“I’m wearing a hat…and I won’t look hot.”she said making her friend laugh.

“Whatever…at least wear some makeup Jesus Christ.”Ashley said throwing her makeup bag at Caroline.

“You think she’s gonna come?”Nick said talking to AJ as he got ready for the show.

“I dunno dude….would you want her too?”AJ asked penciling on his eyeliner.

“I hold grudges like a mother fucker…but my man Aaron….”Nick said patting his brother on the back.

“He’s in love with this chick hardcore. I only thought I was.”Nick said punching his brother lightly in the side playing around. Nick and Aaron had talked about everything that had went on and came to some sort of weird understanding. Aaron shrugged his shoulders but he knew it was true.

“You guys are so damn weird.”AJ said and walked out of the room.

“What are you gonna do if she shows up?”Aaron asked sitting down on the couch in the room behind stage.

“Tell her I’m sorry for treating her like that and I understand why you guys didn’t tell me and all that.What are you gonna say?”Nick said sitting down beside him.

“Whatever flies out of my mouth at the time… I got A LOT of apologizing.”Aaron said making Nick laugh.

“Well you know…just remember so does she.”Nick said and patted his brother on the leg as he got up to meet the boys for prayer before the show.

“You are such a liar! I HATE YOU! How could he not see me from the center of the fourth row?!?”Caroline said hitting her friend as they stood up next to the rest of the people on their row in anticipation for the concert to start.

“How else would I have gotten you to come?”Ashley asked laughing.

“I look like shit…How did you get these tickets anyways?”Caroline asked narrowing her eyebrows but she was interrupted by a tap on her shoulder from the row behind her.

“Hey…you use to date Nick right?”the girl asked Caroline. Caroline was silent.

“Why would you do something like that to him?”the girl asked.

“It’s complicated.”Caroline said and turned back around so she would not slap the shit out of the girl as they giggled behind her. The arena got dark as the boys hit the stage.

“Oh yea she’s totally here in this weird baseball hat get up.”Nick said talking to Aaron as he changed his clothes really fast after the first three songs.

“Are you serious? I’m gonna throw up.”Aaron said making Nick laugh.

“It’s okay man…just be calm…I’ll get her back here for you after the show I promise. I owe you at least that much.”Nick said giving his brother a side smile as he made his way to the stairs to get back on the stage.

“Alright guys this song…we wrote for the CD and it’s very special to me it helped me get over one of my most personal times okay…its called Just Want You To Know.”Nick said as the music began.

“Dude he totally just looked at you and winked.”Ashley said turning to her. That's because this song was about her.

“I TOLD YOU HE WOULD SEE ME!”Caroline said slapping her friend on the arm.

“And theres Carter number 2.”Alysa said pointing out Aaron’s head from behind the band in the back. Nick looked at Caroline and waved to let her know he knew she was there.

“He seems pretty okay to me.”Alysa said.

“He’s on stage of course he does…in his head he probably wants to rip my eyeballs out.”Caroline said looking over at Aaron.

“Excuse me…”a guy said flashing a flashlight down the isle at her. She walked down to see what he wanted as he told her she was wanted backstage.

“Great.”she said under her breath as she followed the guy through the backstage door and left Ashley watching the rest of the show.

“He asked you to sit in here…he’ll be in in a minute.”the stage manager guy said and flipped on a TV for to watch with the rest of the show on. Caroline soon realized why Aaron was up on stage.

“Alright so as most of you know this is my bro Aaron…”Nick said putting his arm around his brother as everyone cheered for the two and the rest of the boys ran off stage for costume changes. Caroline walked closer to the TV to get a better look at what was going on.

“Anyways the both of us have had one hell of year…and unfortunately as much as we would have liked to keep all of this to our own private lives its been displayed everywhere at least for the past few months…so first off we would like to give an apology to our fans for letting you guys see exactly how we really are…which turned out to be not exactly what we thought of ourselves as either.”Nick said trying to make sense.

“And second of all we wanna apologize to the girl we are talking about because as many hate sites and hate mail you guys put up we both still love her a lot which is why we are doing this in front of you guys to begin with. She is a wonderful, wonderful girl and she does not deserve all the crap you guys have been giving her.”Aaron said talking to everyone in the arena. Some of the crowd booed and Aaron shook his head.

“Look basically it was all my fault and I wrapped Nick up into it…so if you wanna hate anybody hate me…she was just along for the ride…think about what you guys would have done in the same situation I mean we are pretty big studs.”Aaron said making everyone laugh. Caroline smiled at how the boys were standing up for her.

“Okay Aaron get the hell off my stage.”Nick said pushing Aaron.

“Anyways we just want everyone to know that we’ve forgiven and forgot so we’d appreciate if you guys could do the same! So thanks…”Nick said smiling as the rest of the boys came back on and Aaron ran off waving.