- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Welcome to the world Braidin Carter...
The door opened to the room and Caroline jumped a little bit, startled because she was so caught up in the thing going on onstage.

“Hey.”Aaron said poking his head through.

“Hey.”she said as he walked over to her. His hair had gotten a little longer and was in the way of his eyes.

“Getting big there huh?”Aaron said putting his hand on her stomach.

“8 ˝ months…should be happening pretty soon.”she said looking down at his hand on her stomach. He moved his hand to her face and rubbed his thumb slowly over her cheek. He leaned into her slowly and kissed her very softly to where she could barely feel it. She swallowed heavily as he pulled away.

“I’m sorry…for everything…”Aaron said.

“I don’t care…I don’t care about any of it.”she said pressing her lips to his to shut him up.

“I just want you…that’s all.”she said as she pulled away.

“Take me back?”Aaron said putting his arms around her waist pulling her into him.

“Uhhhh…”Caroline said grabbing her stomach suddenly as she looked down at the puddle of water forming underneath.

“Whats the matter whats going on?”Aaron said as she bent over in pain.

“I think it might be time.”she said giving him a scared look as he ran to find an ambulance.

“They should be here any minute.”Aaron said as he came back into the room with a wheelchair.

“I’m really scared.”Caroline said starting to cry.

“Hey its okay…I’m here.”Aaron said holding her hand as they waited for the emergency people to arrive.

12 Hours Later -

“Here’s a brand new baby boy.”the doctor said handing the tiniest baby over to Caroline who was covered in sweat from the birth. Caroline looked down at the new baby who had just stopped crying and was looking up at her.

“Look how small his hands are.”Aaron said putting one of his fingers in his grip.

“Have you guys thought of a name so we can get a certificate ready…”the nurse asked. Caroline looked up at Aaron because this was the first time they had talked in months.

“Whatever you want.”Aaron said nodding his head at her.

“Braidin…Bradin Charles Carter.”she said and Aaron smiled with approval.

“Charles Carter huh?”Aaron said looking down at the two.

“I figured he should have the same last name as his daddy.”she said smiling at him.

"So you will take me back?”Aaron said leaning down to kiss her on the forehead.

“Yea.”she said giving him a side smile as the nurse took the baby from her to clean her up a little emore. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door as the unexpected face of nick walked in.

“I saw him in the baby room…he’s beautiful.”Nick said not really knowing how to approach it.

“I’m gonna go get something to drink. Do you want anything?”Aaron said so they could have some privacy.

“I’m okay.”she said and he shut the door softly behind them.

“Nick I’m…”she said started but he interrupted her.

“No I’m sorry. I know you were trying not to hurt me…and I shouldn’t have tried anything with you to begin with. I mean Aaron is my brother.”Nick said putting his hand on top of hers.

“Nick…I loved you...so much. You gave me the most perfect life any girl could ever want, but you and I both know that there was something always missing…that’s why I couldn’t tell you. I didn’t wanna break your heart…that’s the last thing I wanted to do.”Caroline said trying to smile.

“Unfortunatly it all went down a little bit differently than I expected. I wanted to tell you about the baby the first night I told you I was pregnant but you were so excited I just couldn’t the look on your face was to much…I know it was stupid.”she said shaking her head.

“It’s fine…I pushed it to much. I just like have always loved you and Aaron got you first…I’ve always hoped for that chance and I had it and it wasn’t meant to be…doesn’t change how I feel at all.”Nick said rubbing his thumb across her hand.

“I love you nick.”she said pulling him into a hug.

“I love you too.”he said as Aaron walked back into the room.

“AJ and Brian are out there I don’t know if you want them to come in or whatever.”Nick said standing up from her bedside.

“Yea you can tell them to come in.”Aaron said shrugging his shoulders.

“Alright I gotta go find them.”Nick said walking out of the door.

“You guys make up?”Aaron said smiling as he walked back over to her.

“Yea…you got a good brother.”Caroline said smiling back at him.

“I got a good girlfriend.”Aaron said leaning down to kiss her.

“A good fiancé?”Caroline said making him laugh.

“So you want your ring back then?”Aaron said and she shook her head in agreement.

“I guess so.”he said rolling his eyes making her laugh.

“I kinda had something done to it.”Aaron said pulling out a box from his pocket.

“Oh my God Aaron! It’s huge!”she said taking out the diamond ring.

“I kinda got a lot of money from the show so…”Aaron said as she slipped it on her finger.