- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
As the truth is revealed reactions are over dramatic
Aaron let out a deep breath and walked down the stairs to go find her. He opened the sliding glass door and sat down beside her. “I still don’t want to talk to you.”she said quietly. “Look… I gotta show you something okay and if you don’t hate me now you are going to hate me after this but I would rather you find out this way than when the show airs.”Aaron said handing her the video tape and camera. “That’s reassuring.”she said rolling her eyes. “I’m sorry…I just know I’m gonna lose you.”Aaron said as the tape began to play.

“Aaron I think you have had enough to drink.”a skinny girl with brown hair said in the kitchen of the Carter home. “I I I don’t think so.”Aaron said stumbling around back down to the pool area. The camera stopped and started back up again showing Aaron in the shower with the same girl with their bathing suits on. They began to play fight and rub each other with soap. Then she leaned over and kissed him. He did not fight it, but yet kissed her more. “Carmine…uh….”

Caroline’s anger began to build up and she could not even look at Aaron. Aaron shut off the tape. “I thought you should know.” Aaron said turning away from her. “I’m done with it. I am so FUCKING done with you.”Caroline said getting up walking away from him. “Can’t we at least talk about it?”Aaron yelled pushing the camera guy out of Caroline’s face. “ Are you retarded? What the fuck is there to talk about Aaron… there is nothing to talk about. I said I am DONE!”Caroline yelled leaning up against the railing of the porch. “Look I am sorry. I don’t even know why it happened.”Aaron said trying to touch the side of her face. She moved his hand and pushed him hard out of her way into the railing of the porch on the other side. “Yea but it did happen Aaron so make all the excuses you want. You did it and that’s it. That’s all I needed to know. This is such bullshit… God only knows what else happened with her.”Caroline yelled. Aaron was silent and looked away from her. “WHAT ELSE DID HAPPEN AARON?!?”she yelled louder. “Does it matter?”he said walking over to her. “YES IT MATTERS! JUST TELL ME AARON! THE ENGAGEMENT IS OFF I DON”T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU…”Caroline yelled but was interrupted. “I HAD SEX WITH HER OKAY I HAD SEX WITH HER IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR???”Aaron yelled back at her as tears rushed into both of their faces. “GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME RIGHT NOW! NOW IT ALL FUCKING MAKES SENSE!”Caroline yelled as the sisters and Nick opened the sliding door to see what was going on. “Here we go again.”Aaron said rolling his eyes. “ALL OF YOU GUYS KNEW ABOUT THIS?!? ALL OF YOU? AND NOT ONE OF YOU CALLED ME?!?NOT EVEN YOU NICK??”Caroline yelled at his brother and sisters. “We didn’t wanna hurt you.”Angel said. “I couldn’t stand to see you hurt like that. I love you to much.”Nick said coming over beside her. “Get away from me. This whole family is SO fucked up. God dammit man.”Caroline said and walked off the porch onto the beach. Aaron started to follow her, but Nick grabbed his arm and stopped him. “Don’t. Let me.”Nick said. “Hell no. I remember what happened last time with you and her.”Aaron said and Nick shrugged him off and rolled his eyes. “Chill out.”Nick said and walked away from him.
Nick walked down to the edge of the water where she was sitting with her feet in a puddle. “Just go away.”Caroline said trying to breathe through her tears. “No.”Nick said putting his arm around her pulling her into him. She fell into his arm and cried so hard. “I am so sorry that I took him away from you.”Nick said holding her. “It would have happened eventually anyways…once a cheater always a cheater.”Caroline said breathing out heavily. “But Aaron’s not like that…you know he loves you more than anything in this whole world. It killed him to not be able to talk to you or see you for this long.”Nick said. “Yea well it killed me too, but I didnt go out and fuck some other guy.”Caroline said rolling her eyes. “Caroline Aaron loves you okay… everybody messes up I mean we did and he forgave you for that.”Nick said looking down at her. “It’s just Aaron is gone so much from me…how am I suppose to trust him again?”Caroline asked looking up at him. “Give it some time.”Nick said shrugging. “You’re so beautiful.”Nick said smiling at her. “Stop it.”Caroline said trying not to smile. “I’m serious. Aaron is a lucky guy to have you.”Nick said squeezing her. “I wish he would act like it… I just want some respect you know.”Caroline said sighing. “I know…come on lets get you into bed.”Nick said helping her up. As they walked up the steps Aaron was seated outside on the balcony railing. Caroline did not bother to look at him as Nick led her up to his room. “You can have my bed for the night.”Nick said leading her to his bedroom. “Thanks.”Caroline said smiling at him. “No problem. Try to get some rest and we will figure it all out in the morning.”Nick said kissing her on the forehead. “I have a flight at six.”Caroline said. “You’re not going anywhere.”Nick said as Caroline silently agreed.

Caroline woke up at seven in the morning to Aaron sitting on the end of the bed looking at her. She did not say anything just stared at the ceiling. Slowly she began talking quietly, “For two months I waited…I sat in my room went to school and work and I waited Aaron Waited for anything, a phone call, a email, a fucking text message anything. All I could do was check out your myspace and see your new pictures It was pathetic, but it was you…so for two months I waited for yesterday. And yesterday came and now my whole entire world is upside down. I have no fiancé, no more you, no more anything.”Caroline said quietly as the tears began to slowly roll down her cheeks. Aaron was silent and looked over at her. “I don’t know what to do because I wanna be so mad at you for what you did and I should be, but at the same time it’s just like I love you so much.”Caroline said. “Caroline it’s not like you have not cheated before.”Aaron said letting it slip. “I can’t believe you are comparing that to this Aaron that was three years ago we had just started dating.”Caroline said looking at him with disgust. “I am just saying…look baby I love you okay.”Aaron said taking her hand in his. “Like I said when I left I wouldn’t have put that rock on your finger if I didn’t. I want you to be my wife…it was just hard out here by myself and then you mix the alcohol with it…I don’t know do you want me to invite her over so you can punch her in the face.”Aaron said trying to make her smile. She was not amused and just plainly said yes. “And what happens when we get married and you go on tour…you’re gonna be lonely then too. How am I supposed to trust you?”she said and in his mind he thought she had a good point. “Come on…I am sorry okay. I will make it up to you I promise. Stay with me here for a while. I promise I will make it up to you.”Aaron said pressing his forehead to hers. He brushed his lips against hers and kissed her. “Take me to the airport.”Caroline said and Aaron’s stomach dropped. An hour later they arrived at the LAX airport. “So what now?”Aaron said. “Just finish your show and we’ll talk after that.”Caroline said. Aaron pulled her into a hug, but she was lifeless. “Stop it.”Aaron said pulling her face up to look at him. “I gotta go.”she said and turned to walk away from him. He pulled her arm so that she turned back to face him. “I love you.”Aaron said and pressed his lips to hers. She pulled away from him narrowing her eyebrows and walked onto the plane.