- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is where the story splits...there is a Tyler Hilton version which I think is better...and a Nick Carter version which is cool too...I will post the Tyler version first and Nick second!
Chapter 4: Tyler Hilton

Two months later:

WarWoundAC: Hey
EastCoastGC: …hey
WarWoundAC: How have you been…I am sick of this silent treatment.
EastCoastGC: you should have thought of that before her
WarWoundAC: when are you going to let it go?...I text you twenty four seven, call you even more and I never get any reply…this is the first time I have talked to you in months, youre my girlfriend
EastCoastGC: Im not your girlfriend and now you know how I felt with months of silence fun huh?… I just find it amazing that you are still taping the show but now you have time to text me and call me whenever…
WarWoundGC: Cara…you’ve already been on the show now
EastCoastGC: What do you want from me Aaron?...I said I wanted to call off the engagement what else do you need to hear?
WarWoundGC: What do I have to do for you to come back to me?

EastCoastGC is away from computer: on the phone with Nick…brb

WarWoundAC: why the fuck is he calling you?
EastCoastGC: he wanted me to go to lunch with him…whats the big deal?
WarWoundAC: Um…………..
EastCoastGC: let it go Aaron my God
WarWoundAC: YOU let it go!
EastCoastGC: I don’t have time for this I am writing a paper right now…all he wants to do is let me listen to a few new songs that he has done and get my opinion…nothing out of the normal
WarWoundAC: Whatever.
EastCoastGC: You know what when you grow up then I will talk to you

EastCoastGC has signed off at 9:37 PM

“Hey babe.”Nick said walking over to Caroline as she stepped out of the car Aaron had left her with. “Hey.”she said running over and hugging him. “You look good.”he said smiling at her. “You too.”she said laughing. “So what’s been up?”Caroline asked. “Well you know how we were putting together the new Backstreet Cd during the show…we finished up some of the songs and I wanna know what you think because you’re a fan and all so you can tell us if they are good or not.”he said looking over at her as they walked into the studio in downtown LA. “Okay cool.”she said as a dog ran over to her. She bent over and started playing with it. “And who are you because you are certainly not miss Layla.”Caroline said reffering to Nick’s other dog. “That’s Bella.”Caroline looked up hearing another voice in front of her. She would recognize that raspy country voice anywhere. “Now you see why I brought you here dork.”Nick said smiling as she noticed Tyler Hilton was standing in front of her. He was one of her favorite obsessions. Caroline looked up at Nick with a shocked look as she stood up from the dog. “I’m Tyler.”he said extending his hand to her. “And I am really embarrassed.”she said still amazed. “Are you okay?”he asked giving her a weird look. “Yea…you’re really tall.”she said smiling. “Thanks?”he said laughing. “It just kinda flew out my mouth haha.”she said laughing too. “He was recording in the studio next door. I asked him to come in and listen and I thought you’d wanna meet him.”Nick said putting his arm around her. “I love you!”Caroline said kissing Nick on the cheek. Caroline sat next to Tyler in the sound room as Nick went into the recording room. “So what’s with the bandana…”Tyler said looking over at her seeing the MADE bandana in her hair as Nick looked over the words to the song he was going to be doing. “I like it.”Caroline said looking back at him. “So do I…it’s different.”he said laughing a little then he stopped and stared at her. “Um hello…are you guys listening to me…”Nick yelled through the microphone. “What do you need man?”Tyler asked turning his attention to Nick. “I need you to start the damn music.”Nick said smiling looking over at Caroline. Tyler pressed the button and music began to play.

How’re we gonna know the time is right?
What if you’re here and I’m just blind…

“Wait Nick…”Caroline said turning it off. “What is it?”Nick asked. “I think you should lower the pitch you know AJ it a little bit maybe an eighth lower…the first notes are to high for you.”Caroline said singing what he had just done in a different way. “What would I do without you.”Nick said laughing. Tyler pressed the button again and restarted. “So I take it you sing…”Tyler said impressed. “Sometimes…I mean not professionally or anything.”she said embarrassed. “You should.”he said shaking his head. “I just know what I’m talking about when it comes to music…and guitar.”Caroline said shruggin her shoulders. “A girl after my own heart.”Tyler said grabbing onto his acoustic guitar. Caroline smiled and looked back at Nick. “So are you dating Nick or something…”he asked out of nowhere. “Nah…I use to date Aaron…”she said looking a little sad. “Touchy subject then I take it.”he said giving her a side smile. “He cheated on me…on a TV show.”she said looking down. “You’re that girl huh…”he said smirking. “It’s NOT funny!”she said pushing him. “I wasn’t laughing at that…you just look a little different now.”he said laughing. “What do you mean? You watched the show?”she asked. “Yeah a little, not much to do when you’re a loser like me sitting on a bus for hours with nothing to do…I use to watch it and tell all my boys how hot Aaron’s girlfriend was.”Tyler said. Caroline’s cheeks reddened and she looked away from him as Nick came into the sound room. “Let’s hear that playback.”Nick said. Tyler played the sound back to Nick. “You like it?”Nick asked looking over at Caroline. “It’s good…very different from the normal pop stuff but I bet you had something to do with that didn’t you Nicky.”she said smiling at him knowing how much he wanted to do rock. “Yea I even did the guitar for it.”he said putting his arms around her neck from behind her kissing her on the cheek. “ooOOOooo..aren’t you smart.”Caroline smiling at him. “It’s good man.”Tyler said giving them both a weird look. Nick’s phone rang on the table beside them. “It’s Aaron.”Nick said picking it up to look. “Fucking leave it.”Caroline said rolling her eyes. “Caroline maybe you should give him a second chance.”Nick said walking out of the room to talk to him. “Maybe you should mind your own damn business.”Caroline yelled. “Man I am Hungry!”Tyler said leaning back in his chair rubbing his stomach. “Me too.”Caroline said breathing out hard. “Wanna go get something to eat? There is a good café place right down the road.”Tyler asked. Caroline’s stomach dropped. “Sure.”Caroline said grabbing her stuff from the table behind her. Nick came back in and tried to hand her the phone. “What do you want Aaron?”Caroline asked snatching the phone from Nick. “Nothing I just wanted to say sorry for last night.”Aaron said sighing. “It’s fine look I really can’t talk right now.”Caroline said looking over at Nick. “Why…Nick is done for the day.”Aaron asked. “Because I am going to lunch with someone okay…I will call you later.”Caroline said and handed the phone to Nick. She rolled her eyes as Nick hung up with him. “Thanks.”she said pissed off. “What are you about to do because me and him are going to get something to eat?”Caroline said pointing to Tyler. “AJ is about to come back…you guys go.”Nick said and as Tyler walked out the door he grabbed Caroline by the arm. “This is not why I brought you here…Aaron loves you.”Nick whispered in her ear. “Nick I am going to get food that is it…I will be back.”Caroline said and hugged him as she walked out the door.

“So this is a nice place.”Caroline said looking out onto the streets of LA from their outside table. “If only the food was as good.”Tyler said smiling. Caroline laughed a little. “You’re cute.”he said as the waitress came over to the table to take their order. “So tell me about you and Aaron I have been wondering since the show.”Tyler asked. “Um I mean what’s there to say I dated him for three years and we were engaged then Nick pulled him away for the show and because they didn’t want to lose viewers we could not talk unless it was like on myspace or something and he got into that surfing accident and I came to visit then I mean I guess you know what happened after that…”Caroline said. It still hurt her to talk about it months later. “But he still obviously cares about you…”Tyler said. “Yeah but I can’t trust him anymore I mean…it would be really hard I don’t know.”Caroline said looking away. “We don’t have to talk about it anymore.”Tyler said and smiled at her. They ate and talked a little until they were done.
“So um let’s say that a girl like you and a guy like me got together tonight and went out and did something…”Tyler said making her laugh. “Is that a yes?”Tyler asked. “Um…sure.”she said smiling. As they came back to the recording studio Nick was standing outside with Aaron. “Oh God.”Caroline said rolling her eyes. “It’s fine.”Tyler said patting her on the back. “Finally.”Nick said wondering what had taken so long. “What?”Caroline said rolling her eyes by passing Aaron. “Whats up man?”Tyler said shaking Aaron’s hand. They knew each other from various occurrences of running into each other. Aaron knew who he was from Caroline playing his CD all the time. Aaron, Tyler and Caroline sat down behind the sound board as Nick went back into the recording room. “So are you not going to speak to me?”Aaron asked. She turned to look back at him and almost felt bad for feeling something to Tyler. “Why should I?..What is it Aaron I came to help Nick.”Caroline said looking at him. “Come with me.”Aaron said pulling her outside with him. “When are you going to forgive me?”Aaron said looking over at her. “Aaron I’m trying to move on and you are making this so hard…Why are you doing this?”Caroline said. “Because I don’t want you to move on.”Aaron said putting his hand on her shoulder. She looked over at his hand and a feeling of sadness moved over her. He moved his hand to the side of her face. “I love you…I don’t want to feel like this anymore.”Aaron said as Tyler walked outside and looked over at the two of them. “I’m leaving. Nice to meet you.”Tyler said waving at her as he got into his old blue hooptie. “I’ll be right back.”Caroline said to Aaron as she jogged over to Tyler’s car. “What about tonight?”Caroline asked leaning into his car window. “Maybe it’s not such a good idea.”he said looking over at Aaron. “Look it’s nothing. I want to go okay.”she said smiling at him. “I do too.”he said smiling back. “I will pick you up at seven.”Tyler said and winked at her as he drove away.
“What was that all about?”Aaron said as she walked back over to him. “Nothing he’s a nice guy that’s all.”Caroline said looking away from him. “A nice guy? Please you have his pictures all over your computer.”Aaron said rolling his eyes. “Are you jealous?”Caroline said. “No. I just fucking know you. You were my fan too remember?”Aaron said and walked away from her. “Aaron come on its not even like that!”Caroline yelled at him.