- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Interruptions from Aaron in Nashville during Caroline's visit with Tyler...
Its my heart that’s breaking
On this long distance line…

Tyler pointed down at Caroline from stage and smiled. She looked up at him and waved as he kept strumming away on his guitar. “Ya’ll are so cute it makes me wanna puke.”Ashley said rolling her eyes. Caroline smiled and looked back up at Tyler as he finished “Missing You” and said goodnight to the crowd. “Time to go!”Caroline said walking up to the guards showing her backstage pass. “Hey!”she yelled running up to him as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her off the ground giving her a kiss. “You were so great!”Caroline said as he let her down. He smiled and looked up at Ashley standing behind Caroline. “This is my roommate Ashley. Ashley this is Tyler.”Caroline said as Tyler put his hand out to shake hers. “I’ve heard so much about you.”Ashley said rolling her eyes making them laugh. “So what’s the plan for the rest of the night?”Caroline asked leaning up against the wall backstage. “Whatever you want babe.”Tyler said making her smile as her phone rang in her pocket. “Who is it?”Tyler asked noticing she put the ringer on silent fast. “Unknown Caller.”Caroline said. She knew it was Aaron and so did he. Tyler was silent and Caroline was uncomfortable. “SO!”Ashley said breaking the silence. “SO! You got me for the rest of the night what shall we do Mr.Hilton?”Caroline said locking her arm in his smiling up at him. He smiled back. “We could go back to my place…”Tyler said forgetting about Ashley being there. “Are you gonna stay at the hotel?”Caroline asked looking back at Ashley. “I mean I can I know ya’ll don’t see each other much.”Ashley said winking at Caroline. “Well let’s go eat something and we’ll take it from there…its only ten.”Caroline said as Tyler’s phone rang and he stepped away from them for a second. “He is so hot.”Ashley said making Caroline laugh. “Ashley!”Caroline said pushing her lightly. “What I mean he is…”Ashley said and Caroline shrugged. “God you’re lucky.”Ashley said quietly as Tyler walked back up. “What was that about?”Caroline asked as they walked towards the backstage door. “Nothing just business.”that was Tyler’s answer for everything he didn’t want Caroline to know about. “Everything is business with you.”Caroline said quietly as he put his arm around her and the door opened to the sound of girls screaming next to his tour bus. “Wow!”Caroline said watching all the cameras flash. She had no idea he even had this many fans. “You guys can stay here or wait in the bus I gotta do the signing stuff…”Tyler said dropping his arm from her shoulders. Caroline nodded her head and sat down on the stairs of the bus. She was used to this. VERY used to this. She watched him take pictures and sign autographs for EVERYONE who was waiting. Her stomach growled as he walked back up to them an hour later. “So where do you wanna eat? I’m starving.”Tyler said. “Nowhere Tyler everywhere is closed.”Caroline said sighing as her stomach growled. She stood up and Tyler walked towards her. “Come on…cheer up.”he said tickling her making her laugh. “Maybe you guys could just drop me off at the hotel…I’m pretty beat.”Ashley said knowing they needed time alone. Caroline’s phone rang again as they got into the bus. She shut off the ringer fast and Tyler got uncomfortable again. “I’m sorry.”Caroline said and Tyler ignored her. “Where’s the hotel you guys are staying at?”he said looking over at Ashley. “It’s just the Marriot down the street.”Ashley said. “Good come get me when we get there.”Tyler said walking to the back of the bus shooting Caroline a look. “Who the hell keeps calling you?”Ashley said running over to sit by Caroline who was on the verge of crying. “Who do you think?”she said sighing as she heard the shower start up. “Aaron oh my God! Just turn your phone off or this will ruin you tonight.”Ashley said as they started to pull into the Marriot. “I know. I just wondered what he wants. He doesn’t call me for weeks and he decides to call right now.”Caroline said as the bus came to a stop. “Ty.”Caroline called to the back of the bus as she stood up. “What?!”Tyler yelled from the back. “I’m just gonna go to the room.”Ashley said knowing they were about to fight. Caroline looked back at Ashley as she walked out and Tyler walked to the front rubbing his hair dry with a towel. “Do you want me to just go up with her and that will be that?”Caroline asked. Tyler sighed and rubbed his hands through his hair. “I want you to stop talking to Aaron because I know that’s who keeps calling you.”Tyler said almost yelling. “You are so ridiculously jealous.”Caroline said throwing her arms up. “Mr. Hilton…I need to know where to go I can’t stay parked here.”the bus driver said walking back onto the bus. “Back to my house.”Tyler said not turning to look at him. “I’m not jealous Caroline! He was your fiancé! And you talk to him and see him more than me why would I not have something to say about that?”Tyler said growing more and more mad. “Because you TRUST ME! I don’t say anything about your “business” do I? BECAUSE I TRUST YOU TYLER!”Caroline yelled standing up in front of him. “Okay calm down this is ridiculous.”Tyler said putting his hands on her shoulders. “I just don’t want you to think anything is going on you know?”Caroline said trying not to cry. “Don’t cry…don’t you dare cry.”Tyler said wiping a tear from under her eye. The bus stopped in front of Tyler’s house there in Nashville. “Do you wanna come inside or should I just take you back to the hotel?”Tyler asked standing on the bus stairs to the outside. She grabbed his hand and followed him inside. “I’m sorry.”he said as they walked in the front door. “My Lord your house is beautiful.”Caroline said looking around the living room. “Maybe one day it can be yours.”Tyler said and she smiled. “Maybe.”she said as he walked up to her and put his hand on the side of her face. “Come see the porch it’s the best part.”Tyler said pulling her outside. “Oh…wow.”she said looking over the Chatanooga Mountains from his deck. Tyler leaned down to kiss her and she closed her eyes. “Come see this.”Tyler said pulling her back inside. He walked to the corner of the room and sat down at his piano.

There's that couple in love
Young and like one I am of
The punchbowl has emptied but I've heard the bedroom has beer

And I don't know what I'm doing here
Everything's coming so clear
But I've got this lingering doubt
All about

Chorus
Everyone tells me that they understand
Everyone says that it's true
They say my woman's the best thing I got
So I'm being faithful to you, love
I'm being faithful to you


“I wrote it during the tour. I know I may not can always be there for you, but I can write you songs that remind you of me.”Tyler said smiling at her. She smiled back and kissed him.
“I love you.”Tyler said quietly as she opened her eyes. “Really?”Caroline asked surprised. He pressed his lips to hers again and rubbed his fingers up her back. She heard I’m All About You and her phone began to vibrate. Tyler let her go and his hands flew up in the air. “WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?”Caroline yelled answering the phone. “Well hello to you too.”Aaron said on the other end. “What are you doing?”he asked. “I’m trying to have a really good night with Tyler but you keep ruining it…so what do you want?”Caroline asked annoyed. “Nothing…forget it.”Aaron said and hung up the phone. She closed the phone slowly thinking maybe she was a bit of a bitch. “Tyler!”Caroline said walking back out onto the porch where he was leaning up against the railing. She grabbed his two hands and pressed into him. “I took care of it.”she said giving him a side smile as she pressed her forehead to his lips. “It just really bothers me Caroline.”Tyler said looking away from her. “I promise its nothing to be worried about.”she said giving him a sad face. “Ugh…how can I be mad at that face?”he said smiling at her wrapping his arms around her waist. She crossed her arms and leaned into him laying her head on his chest. “Stay with me here.”he said rubbing his hand up her back. “Tyler you know I can’t.”she said looking up at him. “Come on. Just until I go back on the road. It’s only a few days. I’ll pay for you to fly back. I promise you’ll be back when your classes start back….it’s lonely here.”he said rubbing his nose against hers. “God you make it so hard to say no.”she said shaking her head. “So you will then?”he asked smiling. She rolled her eyes and smiled. “Yes!”he said letting her go walking back inside. “I say I’ll stay and you automatically go to the TV to watch the football game.”Caroline said sitting down beside him. “It’s only the recap. Calm down.”he said putting his arm around her. “Oh shit this is the Tampa Bay game.”Caroline said and suddenly was interested. “Yet again something we have in common.”Tyler said laughing.