- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Subtly meeting Aaron's "on and off"...clubbing with Nick
“It’s okay Tyler it’s not like gonna break my heart if you don’t come.”Caroline said to him on the phone later on that night. “I just feel bad because I said I was going to…”he said sighing. “You always say you’re going to…its fine I get it you’re busy…just whatever.”she said putting on her shoes. “Caroline come on…don’t be like that. You know I’m filming this movie and shit.”Tyler said frustrated. “It’s always something Ty.”she said sighing. “Look stop I will make it up to you.”he said. “That’s what you always say.”she said and hung up the phone. She was sick of the back and forth with him. She walked out of her dormroom towards her Navigator and got in the car driving towards Tampa. She pulled up in the driveway noticing another car parked there. She walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. She could have used the key but she thought that would be weird. Aaron came up to the door surprised to see her and unlocked it slowly. “Hey.”she said smiling. “Hey.”he said looking behind him nervously. “Who is it baby?”a girl said bopping up behind him. Aaron looked back from the girl to Caroline. Caroline turned around and walked back to the car as Aaron yelled her name behind her. “Caroline wait!”Aaron said catching the door before she got in. “It’s fine Aaron really!”she said not knowing what to do. “What are you doing here?”he asked. “You told me to stop by…and…just its fine.”she said about to cry. “Come inside we’re just watching a movie.”he said holding the door open. “Um no. I realize why you left now.”she said looking at him like he was a retard. “I’m sorry…I know I told you to come by.”he said putting his hand on her leg. “I’m just gonna call Nick and see if he can come get all my stuff out of here. It’s been here for to long.”she said shaking her head. “Stop.”he said in disapproval. “I gotta go…I got an hour drive back.”she said putting the car into reverse. Aaron let go of the door and watched her drive out of the driveway back out of the neighborhood. He put his head in his hands as she drove out of sight. He walked back inside to Kaci. “Who was that?”she asked as he was walking into his bedroom. “Caroline.”he said quietly as he layed back on the bed. “What the hell is wrong with you?”she asked sitting down beside him. “Nothin I just need to be by myself right now okay?”he said trying to smile as their was a knock on the door. Kaci ran to go get it fearing it was Caroline again. “HEY NICk!”Kaci said giving him a hug. “Is Aaron around?”he asked walking in. “He’s laying in bed…I guess he doesn’t feel good or something.”she said as Nick walked into the bedroom. “You come to get her stuff?”Aaron asked sitting up. “What are you talking about?”Nick asked giving him a weird. “Nothing…she didn’t tell you then?”Aaron asked as Kaci walked out of the room to finish watching the TV show she was watching. “Who man?”Nick asked still confused. “CAROLINE! Who else?”Aaron practically yelled. “Well these days man I don’t really know…and no I haven’t talked to her. I called her earlier she never called me back though. I came by to give you this.”Nick said pulling a CD out of his pocket. “Oh wow you guys finished the new single huh?”Aaron asked checking out the case. “You wanna hear it?”Nick asked taking it back from him. “Is it depressing?”Aaron asked. “If you mean is it typical boy band bullshit I want you back stuff…then yes it is.”Nick said making Aaron laugh as he put the CD into the player.

I close the door
Like so many times, so many times before
Felt like a scene on the cutting room floor
When I let you walk away tonight without a word
I try to sleep
But the clock is stuck on thoughts of you and me
Thousands more regrets unraveling
If you were here right now
I swear Id tell you this

I don’t wanna waste another day
Keeping this inside
Its killing me cause
All I ever wanted comes right down to you
To You
I wish I could find the words to say

“TURN IT OFF!”Aaron said covering his ears. “God man is it that bad?”Nick asked surprised by his outburst. “No just turn it off. It makes me feel like a jerk.”Aaron said covering his face with a pillow as he fell back on the bed. Nick walked over to the player and turned it off fast. “So what’s wrong?”Nick asked finally noticing something was wrong. “I went to see her last night and everything went really well she was really happy to see me, we went to a party and got really drunk, she confessed her drunken love for me, and we went to sleep.”Aaron started. “Okay…so whats wrong with that?”Nick asked sitting back down next to him. “I’m getting to it. We woke up this morning and had sex.”Aaron said and Nick almost fell off the bed. “Bad move…”Nick said shaking his head. “That’s not even all of it…it was just really weird afterwards so I left like right after which I think pissed her off…so like thirty minutes ago she showed up here and Kaci was here and she got all freaked out like oh I’m gonna call Nick and get him to come get my stuff and blah blah”Aaron said. “Hence why you asked me if I was coming to get her stuff…gotcha.”Nick said as Kaci walked back in. “I’m just gonna go home.”she said feeling ignored. “Ok bye.”Aaron said smart assly as she huffed out the door. “So like I don’t know what to do.”Aaron said turning back to Nick. “Well first you can stop being an asshole to Kaci she hasn’t done anything. You just dragged her into the middle of it.”Nick said. “I know but I dragged her in because I was lonely.”he said. “No you didn’t…you like her.”Nick said calling him out. The tune of Incomplete rang in Nick’s pocket. “It’s her.”Nick said pulling out his IPhone. “Why the fuck do you have that ringtone for her?”Aaron asked as Nick put his finger over his mouth as he answered the phone. “Whats up babe?”Nick asked hearing that she was crying. “Aaron! He is driving me crazy! We had sex last night…which was so stupid I know…but we did.”Caroline yelled. “Ok wow chill out I can’t even understand you.”Nick said laughing. “Shut up…so I go to his house and fucking some bitch is there like all naked and shit so I freak out and leave of course and now I don’t know what to do. I am just driving around in Tampa like a retard.”she finished. “Yea but Cara you guys aren’t together so you cant be mad about something like that.”Nick said as Aaron tried to get close to the phone to hear. “Then why have sex with me you know and yea its probably my fault for allowing it but that really fucked me up.”she said trying not to start crying again. “I know…well um I am just out getting something to eat with my buddy Brent so if you want we are almost done I can meet you at my house.”Nick said and Aaron looked over at him. “Yea okay…I’ll be there soon.” she said sighing. “And don’t worry about it okay I am sure he’s sitting at home crying in his bed okay.”Nick said and Aaron punched him. “Yea or having sex with that girl.”Caroline said making Nick laugh. “I’ll see you soon.”Nick said and hung up with her. “Please fix it Nick.”Aaron said begging him. “I mean I’ll try man but you pretty much dug your own hole.”Nick said walking out the door back to his car.

“You got here fast…”Nick said pulling into his driveway where she was waiting in her car. “Let’s just say I was around the corner.”she said smiling slightly. “You mean in my driveway already.”Nick said making her laugh. “You’re a jerk.”she said following him into his house. “You wanna go out…get your mind off things.”Nick asked giving her a hug. “Not really.”Caroline said shrugging. “Come on you look hot enough…we should show you off.”Nick said making her blush. “I’m not really in the mood to have my picture taken by a bazillion photographers who think I’m your girlfriend Nick…”she said. “Please…I promised Angel I would come to this reality club touring bullshit she’s doing…if not you’ll be stuck here all by yourself…in this big house…all alone…did I mention alone?”Nick said making her laugh. “So persuasive…”she said rolling her eyes. “I don’t wanna stay long…just an appearance okay?”she said holding out her pinky to him. “Pinky swear.”he said hooking his finger in hers smiling. “So what do you wanna do about Aaron?”Nick asked as they started out of the driveway on their trek to Orlando. “I don’t know…you know I love him…there is just so much blocking us. It shouldn’t be this hard you know?”she said putting her head down. “What about Tyler?”Nick asked. “I think he’s gonna break up with me. He was supposed to come this weekend to see me, but he backed out and I mean I know he cheats on well i don't know but I think he does and I cheated on him…we have like this weird understanding that we are together but can be with other people if that makes any sense. I think we are both just lonely and keep each other around. I really liked him at first, but he is just to busy for me.”she said and shrugged. “Sounds complicated…I think the best thing for you and Aaron is to just give it time you know…sex wasn’t the best way to do that, but you guys do have the weirdest relationship I have EVER seen…way to much pride in both of you.”Nick said patting her on the leg. “Way to much pride in HIM…he still hasn’t really apologized…I mean he has, but he hasn’t changed. Maybe he’s just to young.”she said trying to reason it out. “Caroline you’re the same age…”Nick said being a smart ass. “Girls mature faster than boys.”she said rolling her eyes.
They arrived at the club an hour and a half later. “Only for a few minutes.”Caroline said pulling Nick to her. “Okay…okay….”Nick said going over to talk to Angel. Caroline sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. “Planning to drink everything away?”Nick asked coming up behind her a few minutes later. “Mostly…”she said already on her second. “Put her on my tab.”Nick said after ordering his first drink. “Thanks Nick.”Caroline said moving her second empty glass away from her. “Wanna dance?”Nick asked as a slow song came on. “I suppose.”she said giving him a funny look. “You look really pretty.”Nick said smiling at her. “Thanks.”she said blushing again. “Look at all of these girls staring at you…you should have asked them to dance.”Caroline said looking around the room. “I came with you that would be rude wouldn’t it.”Nick said pulling her closer to him. “Cheer up.”he said rubbing his hand up her back. “I’m sorry…I am a party pooper.”she said making him smile. She layed her head on his chest as the rest of the song played. “Ready to go?”Nick asked noticing she was falling asleep on his chest. “If you are..”she said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the club. “Thanks for taking me out…sometimes its good to know theres more than me in the world.”Caroline said as she walked to her car in Nick’s driveway. “You can stay if you want? I mean I will like sleep on the couch or whatever you want.”Nick said standing beside her. “I guess it is late…I got school in the morning though.”Caroline said breathing in deeply. “I’ll make sure you’re awake.”Nick said pulling her inside. “It’s like three you wouldn’t get back for a while anyways.”Nick said pulling back the covers for her. “You can sleep in here too Nick…it won’t be weird.”Caroline said looking at him like he was stupid as she hopped into bed. “You feel better?”Nick asked cutting off the lights. “Not really. I’m good at hiding stuff.”she said as he climbed in beside her. “Good night.”Nick said rolling over on his side. “I gotta be up around six thirty.”she said and closed her eyes. “Everything will work out Cara…maybe not like you want it, but how its suppose to okay?”Nick said making her smile. “I know.”she said quietly.
“I don’t cook…really…but I got McDonalds.”Nick said as she walked into the kitchen at six fourty-five ready to leave. “You can take it to go…don’t worry.”he said pulling her into a hug. “Don’t let my brother jerk you around to much okay.”he said kissing her on the forehead. “I love you Nick.”she said hugging him again. “I love you too…call me later…be careful.”he said letting her go watching her get into her car and drive away. Her phone beeped in her pocket.

WarWoundAC: I know its early…you’re probably asleep…text me when you get up.
EastCoastGC: Im up I just left Nick’s whats up?
WarWoundAC: You just now left?
EastCoastGC: yea we went to Angel’s club thing last night and I didn’t want to drive back it was to late
WarWoundAC: oh…
EastCoastGC: well what did you need
War Wound AC:I just wanted to say I’m sorry and leave it at that and see where that leads us ok
EastCoastGC: Its okay…I shouldn’t be mad over stuff like that…we just need time to heal
WarWoundAC: I know…talk to you soon
EastCoastGC: k ILY
WarWoundAC: ILY2