- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is kinda dull...but its the set up for the next which is AWESOME! So hang in there...I'll update another chapter sometime tonight! REVIEW REVIEW!
Two Days Later: Seattle, Washington

“Baylee come here!”I said chasing him out of the bus. That little boy was a FULL ball of energy, just like his Dad. I was trying to conceal myself as much as possible by pulling my hat down as low as it would go. I think fans had caught onto me being with AJ and they actually tried to talk to me, if I was with Baylee it was worse, but even if I was just walking by myself outside of the bus they tried to get my attention. I get it I guess they feel maybe if there nice enough I’ll bring them with me backstage. It really is awkward because they ask me about AJ and I don’t know how to really answer their questions because we’re not together at this point in time and I’m still REALLY upset with him. It’s been two days and so far from what I hear from Brian he hasn’t shown up today at all. He was supposed to fly in with Nick and he never came to the airport. I figured I was safe as long as he wasn’t here. I knew he wouldn’t be that big of an asshole and not show up for his fans though so he would be here soon.

“Baylee!”I yelled running after him into the backstage rooms.

“Nick! Save me!”Baylee said running into Nick who was playing something on his acoustic guitar.

“Come on little man…I’m working here!”he said pissed off that Baylee had knocked into his arms during his chords. He would never let Baylee see him mad, but I guessed he was writing stuff and that had thrown him off.

“Sorry.”I said shrugging as I sat down beside him on the couch.

“It’s cool.”he said going back to strumming. To me, since I had met the boys, Nick had always been the most distant. He always seemed like he was in his own world. I guess it was because he was so much younger than them.

“You writing new stuff?”I asked as Brian walked into the room where we were and Baylee jumped out from behind the couch to scare him.

“Ahhh Baylee Good Lord!”he said pretending to be scared grabbing his chest like he was having a heart attack. Baylee laughed and sat back down in his hiding spot to scare the next victim.

“Show her that new song.”Brian said pointing to Nick’s guitar. He put his hand on the first chord and began strumming.

Looking for beauty in uncertain
Finding the strength inside the gray
Maybe I’m heading for a breakdown
Maybe that’s okay
Could be I’m hanging on for dear life
Maybe I need to get a grip
Cause you’re the only one that makes me feel like this so

Save me I’m falling again
Keep me from breakin in a million pieces
In the end no matter what I do
There’s nowhere, nowhere to go
Nowhere to Go but You

“This would be my verse but I don’t feel like it.”Brian said humming as Nick kept strumming. He laughed a little as he put his hand on Nick’s to stop him from playing. That song sure was perfect. I hate Brian sometimes. He knows exactly what to do. I liked that song.

“Bout time you got here!”Nick said smiling as AJ walked into the room we were in. I looked away from the door to the floor breathing in deep. I knew he thought I came here for him and that wasn’t the case. Nick didn’t know what happened yet.

“What are you doing here?”AJ asked leaning up against the doorframe. He looked cute today. He had on black tight pants, of course with his wallet chain, and a white shirt with a black vest over top of it and a white weird hippie beanie thing. I don’t know what their called. Why did he have to look so cute right now?

“I needed her to watch Baylee.”Brian said more country than usual as he picked Baylee up and swung him around in his arms.

“Sure.”he said as his hopeful look faded to disappointment and anger. “Because you know staying away from me after you break it off couldn’t be an option.”he said and I was a little taken back by his meanness.

“I asked her to come.”Brian said putting Baylee down. Nick was taking everything in I’m sure. He hadn’t been around for all of this, I doubt he even knew about AJ and the coke.

“I think she can talk for herself Rok.”AJ said looking over at me waiting on me to speak.

“Your such an asshole.”I said and brushed past him as I walked out the door.

“Hey wait!”I heard from behind me. Surprisingly it was Nick running up behind me, not AJ.

“You okay?”he asked a little out of breath as we walked out into the sunlight. The girls who could see through the fence slits screamed there heads off and he laughed a little.
“Can’t even walk outside without getting screamed at!”he said and I laughed a little as we sat down on the steps outside of the venue on the backside. “So what happened?”he asked looking over at me. He had nice eyes, tired, but nice eyes. I didn’t know if I should tell him or not about AJ. I guess it was just as much his business as Brian’s to know. It effected him as well.

“Nothing we just broke up.”I said and he narrowed his eyebrows and rolled his eyes.

“You didn’t just break up!”he said laughing.

“Yea we did.”I said and I couldn’t stand to tell him anymore than that. “Ask him. I don’t really wanna talk about it.”

“You’ll be fine.”he said putting his arm around me pulling me into him. Now if I was any other girl in America I would be like GOOD LORD and freaking out, but he was sweaty and that’s just gross. No matter how good his face looked, I don’t want to feel his wet arm pit on my shoulder.

“I know.”I said seeing AJ walking towards the bus talking on his cell phone.

“WASSUP?!?”a nasal high pitched voice said from behind us as he jumped on Nick’s back.

“AARON!”Nick said hopping up to give his brother a hug. Man he was skinny as shit! He was like Nick, but with a sunken in face and 90 pounds.

“What’s up? I’m Aaron.”he said holding his hand out for me.

“Caroline.”she said shaking his hand as a girl walked up behind him. She looked familiar. Where had I seen her before?

“Just another thing to add to my list...”AJ said walking up behind us with a smart ass grin on his face. “Kaci…how are ya?”he said barely hugging her. And now I remember. She was the girl before me that had left him for Aaron. Stupid move on her part. Stupid move on Nick’s part for letting them come. She didn’t answer him or say anything to him at all to be honest. It was quite awkward to be standing there in the middle of this.

“Aaron.”AJ said nodding at him. Aaron nodded back without saying a word. I had a feeling they were not on the best of terms. Why was Nick so dumb to let them come?

“They’re gonna be on our bus for these two days.”Nick said and AJ sighed.

“Fantastic.”he said rolling his eyes as he walked away from us back towards the stage.

“He’s such a douschbag.”Kaci said holding onto Aaron’s arm laying her head on his should.

~~AJ~~

You know the LAST thing and I mean the LAST thing in the world I could ever possibly imagine happening is happening right now. How could Nick be so fucking stupid? Why would he let Aaron and of all people in the world KACI come see the last two shows??? He knows we share a damn bus how fucking uncomfortable is this going to be for me? But he is Nick, never takes into consideration anyone else’s feelings, it’s all about him. And why was Caroline even sitting talking with Nick? I am going to drive myself crazy going around in circles about all of this stuff. All I know is this is going to be a rough few days. I walked into the backstage room seeing someone I totally did not expect to see sitting on the couch next to Brian. This day was just full of surprise visitors.

“What’s up man?”I said pulling Kevin into a hug as he stood up from the couch. He knew. I could already tell by his face. Brian had told him.

“Coming to check on you man.”he said patting me on the back.

“I’m going to be fine Kevin. This is so different than before. I haven’t done anything today.”I said and I was lying. Kevin knew it. This is exactly how it was before. I had already taken almost an eight ball of coke between one last night and today.

“Good, but you’re still going to get help when you guys are done with these shows.”he said and I looked back at Brian who shook his head yes.

“I’ve got it this time Kev.”I said pulling away from him.

“No obviously you don’t because if you did I wouldn’t be here.”he said crossing his arms. Out of all people, I guess Kevin had been like a father to me, knowing that I had disappointed him was like knowing I had disappointed my mother, which I knew would be the next person to find out.

“Why’d you call him Brian?”I asked getting frustrated.

“I didn’t…”he said sighing. “Caroline did.”

“Why the hell would she do that?”I asked throwing my hands in the air.

“Because she cares about you.”Kevin said giving me the duh face.

“Whatever I’m not hearing this again.”I said waving my hand in his face as I walked back out the door.

~~CAROLINE~~

“Hey we’re gonna head to this club in the next little bit if you wanna come…”Nick said running up behind me as I walked back towards the buses.

“Who all is going?”I asked. I could go to a club in this. I looked okay.

“Pretty much everybody. We’re just gonna celebrate Kevin being here, like his wife and stuff are all going.”Nick said stopping in front of Brian’s bus stairs.

“Are Bri and Leigh going?”I asked opening the door.

“Maybe Brian…Leighanne probably has to watch Baylee.”he said and I smiled thinking that was probably my job.

“Yeah just let me get my ID and some money and stuff.”I said putting up my finger to tell him to wait a minute as I walked on the bus and grabbed my pocket book. I followed Nick back to his bus where everyone was waiting on us.

“Finally.”Kevin said looking over at me. I had known Kevin from family functions between mine and Leighanne’s family and Brian’s since him and Brian were cousins.
“How are you babe?”he asked pulling me into a hug.

“Been better. Hanging in there.”I said and he smiled at me. We had already talked about everything when I had convinced him to come out here and visit AJ. If I wasn’t able to get him to get help, I knew Kevin or his mother would. I didn’t know his mother. I hadn’t met her yet, so she was out of the question.

“Everybody ready?”Brian said poking his head up from the front of the bus stairs. Everyone filed out. I didn’t know AJ was coming, but he stepped out last. He looked worse than usual. His eyes were really puffy and underneath them was really dark. Something horrible was going to happen in this club. I could already tell that.
Chapter End Notes:
Backstreet Boys - Nowhere To Go was used in this chapter