- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is what this ENTIRE story has been leading up to... hope you like it this was originally my ending but I think I may keep it going longer if you guys want...in your review let me know where you wanna see this story go!!
~~CAROLINE~~

“Nick we gotta talk.”I said walking into his room in the hotel.

“No shit.”he said sighing as he leaned back against his bed headboard.

“What happened last night…”I said sitting on the bed messing with the sheets a little. “It was wrong and I just I can’t believe they told him about it.”

“Well don’t worry about him. He’s at the airport now and staying there until he gets a flight.”Nick said picking up his phone from the table texting someone. “He’s just young. He doesn’t get it. He had to get something back at AJ.”

“I know…its just no matter how much AJ hurt me. I would never want him to feel as bad as I do.”I said looking over at him. He smiled at me a little bit he must have thought that was sweet. “I feel like that happened though.”

“Caroline you did it when you were beyond wasted. He can’t be mad at you for that.”Nick said. He sure was a fast texter to whoever he was talking to. His hands were all over the place. I turned as there was a knock on the door and AJ poked his head in through the door.

~~AJ~~

I didn’t know what I was going to say to her at all, but something had to be done.

“Can I talk to you?”I said looking over at Nick. I knew he wasn’t mad at me for hitting him, hell he probably expected it. She looked over at Nick then back to me and finally got up off the bed and followed me into my room.

“I was just talking with Kevin.”I said trying to get my thoughts together. “And I am being kinda hypocritical about the whole thing. I just…you gotta see where I’m coming from. It’s Nick and your you and I don’t really wanna think about you two together you know.”

“AJ we were drunk though I mean I don’t even remember it.”lying… “I couldn’t even stand up straight much less use good judgement on doing things. I’m pretty sure he was worse off than I was.”she said sitting down with on the bed.

“I’m sorry…”I said and this conversation was so tense I felt like I may cry. “I’m sorry for everything.”I said putting my hand on her upper thigh. She looked down at my hand surprised.

“Kevin’s going to set me up some treatment in Orlando when we get done tonight.”I said and her head shot up.

“That’s great!”she said and smiled. I hadn’t seen her smile, God since I came back from London. “I’m really proud of you for making that decision.”

“You made me realize it today.”I said pulling the baggie of white powder out of my pocket. “Keep it.”I said handing it to her. “I don’t need it anymore.”

“You need to get ready.”she said looking over at the bedside clock. She stood up quickly and we both just kinda stood there uncomfortably. I didn’t know what we were doing and neither did she.

“Come here.”I said pulling her into me. It felt so good just to hold her. She pulled away from me a little and looked up as I put my forehead up to hers. I leaned into kiss her, but she turned away.

“I can’t.”she said and let go of me.

“What the hell Caroline?”I said starting to get loud again. I couldn’t help it. I was still jacked up from this morning.

“You know what just forget it.”she said waving her hand at me as she walked back out the door. Great. Now what are you gonna do.

~~CAROLINE~~

“Are you okay? Brian told me what happened.”Leighanne asked walking backstage where I was watching Baylee play on the Nickelodeon website. She had been away in Georgia doing something yesterday and just got in today.

“I guess so…AJ’s pretty pissed.”I said shrugging clicking the mouse for Baylee’s game he was playing.

“I would assume so.”she said laughing. “How was it? Was it awesome?”she asked and I gave her a crazy face.

“You’re so weird. Why do you care?”I asked laughing so hard.

“Because I always hear him doing it in the hotel rooms next to ours and I just wonder if its as good as it sounds.”she said smiling.

“It was pretty good. I don’t remember much of it…but he has a huge penis!”I said and she cracked up as I covered Baylee’s ears to say it.

“I knew it!”she said laughing hysterically. It’d been a really long time since I had laughed so hard. I loved Leigh. She was so awesome!

“Leigh! Come on bring Baylee!”Brian said opening the door. “I told you like ten minutes ago babe.”he said hurrying them along. “You should come too.”he said holding the door for me to come out. I followed Leighanne to the side of the stage. I guess they had already begun the soundcheck without Brian because they were just hanging out fooling around onstage about to get to the question part.

“I’m BACK!”Brian said hopping onto his stool as everyone laughed.

“Okay so right now I wanna do something before we get to the questions…I know you guys know I have a solo album coming out in November so I kinda wanted to give you guys a preview of that…”AJ said but held up his finger to stop everyone from screaming. “But first…”he said and looked over at me. “I have to do something and please don’t put this all over youtube its kinda personal.”I looked over at Leighanne and she shrugged.

“Come here baby.”he said holding his arm out for me to grab his hand. I shook my head no and Leighanne pushed me out onstage and everyone screamed. “Let’s see…sit about here.”he said sitting me on the stand where the drums were at next to the security guards. I looked up at him and narrowed my eyebrows. “Don’t worry.”he said and smiled. These fans were crazy. They were video taping the shit out of this, completely disregarding what he had said before. “I’m sorry for everything that’s happened since London. This is the only way I could think of to make it up to you.”he said as he cued the music behind him and turned sideways so the crowd could see him also.

(To see the video that inspired this copy and past this link, plus you won’t have to read all the lyrics you can just watch his sexy ass sing it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAoMkrh6BM&feature=related)

I hate it when I come home and you’re already asleep
I hate it when you throw things out without talking to me
I hate how you’ve come to expect I’ll let you down
I hate the way you seem to always make us late
You pick a fight and I take the blame
I hate how you keep it so cold in this room

I hate how you steal the covers
I hate how you fight with your mother
But more than your favorite song
I hate it when your gone
Yea, I hate it when your gone

He turned around and smiled at me. This song was so fucking perfect. How could he wrap everything of our relationship into one song. I love him.

I hate it when I ask if I’m the best that you’ve had
You answer to slow, then you turned your back
I hate it when you compare me to others that came before
I hate it when you whisper to your friends on the phone
The way you can make me feel so all alone
I hate when I feel like your trying to hard


Not so sure about that verse…I mean I remember it happening but wow way to make me feel like an asshole haha 

I hate when your lost in the TV
I need you when you barely see me
And more than admitting I’m wrong
I hate it when your gone.
I hate when your gone

Its always, its never
You roll your eyes and say whatever
I just go along, I just go along

“I love you and I’m sorry.”he said walking over to me grabbing my hand so I would stand up.

“Better than the first time you said it.”I said and he laughed a little still holding onto my hand. I was actually pretty embarrassed. Don’t get me wrong this is the sweetest thing in the world, but I did not want to be posted all over the internet.

“This verse is the one I want you to hear the most.”he said as he continued to sing and the music picked up.

I hate just how much I adore
And I hate that I cant be there for you
And more than admitting Im wrong
I hate it when I see you crying
You say your okay, but your lying
More than a drug, its controlling
I hate it when your gone
Yea I hate it when your gone.

The music stopped and the girls screamed as he pulled me into a hug and kissed me on the cheek.

“Let’s give these love birds a second off the stage.”Brian said walking back onstage laughing. AJ walked off the stage behind me still holding onto my hand.

“I’m sorry, babe I am so sorry.”he said giving me a side smile.

“I don’t care anymore.”I said as he put his arms around my waist pulling me into him. “I love you so much.”I said as he leaned down to kiss me.

“I love you too.”he said letting me go. “I gotta go take pictures…resume after?”he asked and I laughed.

“Of course.”I said watching him bounce back on the stage.
Chapter End Notes:
AJ Mcleans - I Hate it When Your Gone was used in this chapter