- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry the update took so long...my school and work is outrageous...I am working on the next chapter as we speak
“Listen I’m going to go see my mom tomorrow morning when we get into Orlando.”I said tugging on my hoodie strings walking up backstage to Caroline after the last concert of the tour. “And I want you to go with me because its going to get pretty intense when I tell her I’m going to start treatment again.”I said sighing as I walked over and pulled two water bottles out of the refrigerator. She had never met my mom. I don’t usually like to introduce people to her until I know the girl is worth it.

“Does she know about me?”she asked as I handed her the bottle and opened mine.

“Nope.”I said and her eyes widened. “I mean she’s weird about this kinda stuff. I’m her only son and she worries people are using me. I just like to let people meet her and let her form her own opinion.”

“What if she doesn’t like me?”she asked looking up at me. My mom would LOVE her I don’t know why she was so worried.

“Then I guess I’ll have to get rid of you.”I said smiling. She laughed and pushed me off of her.

“You’re not getting rid of me anytime soon sir.”she said smiling back at me. I loved her so much.

“So did you like me serenading you today.”I asked walking over to the corner of the room to get my stuff ready to get back on the bus and get to the airport to catch our flight to Orlando to see my mama.

“I loved it!”she said standing up to help me carry our bags. “It was really sweet…not really understanding the second verse.”she said and I narrowed my eyebrows. I remembered that night well.

****

“So how was it babe?”I asked rolling over on my arm to look at her. She looked at me for a second contemplating what she was going to say. I knew I was awesome in bed I didn’t need her to tell me.

“It was good.”she said rolling over the opposite way from me sighing.

“Convincing…best you ever had…”I said dragging it out. She hated talking about sex period so I loved to fuck with her.

“Yea.”she said quietly.

****

“Come on it was that night in the hotel room when I asked you to move to LA with me.”I said.

“Oh AJ PLEASE! That was like the first time we had sex, of course it was gonna be awkward.”she said pulling her bookbag straps on. I took my hat off of the end table and pulled it onto my head rolling my eyes.

“I thought it was awesome.”I said following her out the door.

“AJ I could be fully clothed and bend over in front of you and you would cum in your pants and think that was awesome.”she said sarcastically and I laughed. She wasn’t normally funny, but that was pretty good…mostly because it was true.

“I can’t help it.”I said putting my hand in hers as we walked towards the bus.

“You can help it.”she said squeezing my hand as she looked over and smiled at me. She leaned up against the bus as I fumbled through my pockets to get the keys and then I remembered Nick had mine because he was a dumbass and lost his. “Nick has them.”I said sighing. “Everybody should be coming right behind us in the next little bit.”I said putting my bags down. She sighed as I put my hand on the side of her face and leaned in to kiss her. “Come on…I don’t want Baylee to see this when the rest of them…”she said as I started to kiss her neck. “Nevermind.”she said and I laughed as I pressed my waist into hers. Suddenly my head was filled with images of what I could only imagine her and Nick looked like when they were doing it…UGH! I pulled away from her and dropped my hands to my sides. She looked up at me and narrowed her eyes.

“What’s wrong?”she asked nervously. She grabbed my hand and pulled me back to her.

“Nothing…”I said pulling my hand out of hers. “You’re just right about Baylee.”


~~CAROLINE~~

AHHHHHHHHH! I am SO freakin nervous right now. I am basically going to walk into his mother’s house and she doesn’t know a damn thing about me. That worried me that he had never mentioned me to her. In fact, it worried me A LOT! Speaking of mothers I had been ignoring mine since my father’s funeral. It was just to hard to talk to her because it reminded me of Dad and I still wasn’t fully okay with dealing with that.

“You okay?”AJ said putting his hand in mine as we walked towards the side door of his mother’s house. Ever since we were making out by the bus last night he was being really weird. Im going to just attribute it to him having to talk to his mother and leave it at that.

“Yea.”I said trying to give him a smile. I was really trying not to throw up. This was really important for me to make a good impression.

“HI HONEY!!!”a short stubby woman said opening the door. She was ecstatic!

“Hi mom!”he said pulling her into a hug. I envied their relationship. I wish my mother greeted me like that. She looked over at me as her smile faded a bit. I must have looked nervous as shit. “This is Caroline.”he said and she surprisingly pulled me into a hug. I hesitantly put my arms around her as well. He looked over at me with thumbs up and I laughed a little.

“Come on inside. I’m so glad you could make it.”she said shooing us inside. We sat down on the couch in the living room.After about fifteen minutes of being there talking about the tour I could tell AJ was getting nervous. He had gotten progressively more quiet as the conversation went on.

“Mom I gotta tell you something.”he said looking down at the floor.

“You guys are getting married?!?”she said clapping her hands together. Hell no.

“Um no.”he said looking over at me laughing. “I’m going back into treatment.”he said bluntly. I could tell his mother was hit with a pile of bricks as the tears flooded into her eyes. “I’m sorry…”he said and I could hear his voice cracking. It must be really hard to know you disappointed your mother like that. I was really uncomfortable.

“This is your fault isn’t it.”she said looking up at me. I stammered a little bit to find something to say, but he spoke for me.

~~AJ~~

“No mom. It’s not like that again.”I said thinking back to my former drug addicted girlfriend. “She is actually the one who called Kevin to convince me to go in again….it’s not as bad as last time.” I was lying of course. I lied a lot lately. My mother looked so disappointed and I felt horrible. I remember the first time I’d told her I was going in and she was happy I had made the decision, but this time it was worse because it was a relapse meaning the treatment didn’t work the first time. Caroline looked like she was going to cry. I couldn’t believe my mother had accused her of being the reason.

“Then what is it Alex?”she asked and honestly I couldn’t answer her, because I didn’t know.

“I was just stressed with the tour and everything mom. I don’t…I guess I don’t know.”I said looking down at the floor away from her. I could feel her stare on me. I just couldn’t keep looking at her face.

“I would assume you need to figure that out before this treatment is over…and I hope your not going back to the same place you were before obviously that didn’t work.”she said and I pulled Caroline’s hand into mine. She had barely spoken a word since we got here.

“Well I’m not actually going anywhere…”I said and even Caroline’s head shot up. I hadn’t told Caroline anything about what my plan was. “I just got an apartment thing on the lake here in Orlando and I was thinking that you know me and her could stay there and she could help me through it and someone could come out when I needed them to.”

“AJ that’s not enough…I can’t do everything.”she said looking over at me. Finally she spoke up.

“She’s right babe.”my mom said shaking her head to agree. “You know you can’t do this on your own.”

“Well that’s what I’m gonna do so whatever.”I said standing up. I wasn’t going to take anymore ridicule from them. I was done with the whole conversation. This was my body and if I felt like I could handle it this way then I would.

“Don’t be like this.”mom said standing up grabbing onto my arm.

“Come on.”I said looking past her to Caroline. “I love you I’ll come by later.”I said pulling my mother into a tight hug.