- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
And now the consquences ensue....sorry for such the lack of updates my school was kicking my ass.
- Caroline –

“I’ll meet you in a little bit.”I said to Nick who was begging me to come out with the rest of them tonight to some club in LA.

“Come on we’re leaving now. He won’t wanna go anyways.”Nick said grabbing onto my hand pulling me. I pulled my hand out of his and smiled. “Fine, but you better call me.”he said and turned to run towards the buses. I turned back the way I was walking towards the backstage area and as I walked into the wardrobe room AJ was hunched over in the corner by one of the tables.

“Babe are you…”I said put stopped as he turned around and I realized what he was doing.

“I thought you were at the buses already.”he said rubbing his fingers under his nose. He didn’t get it all, not in the least bit. I had no words to say to him. I didn’t think that I would for a long time so I just looked at him for a few seconds and walked back out the door. I heard the table fall over as the door opened into the hallway behind me.

“Hey!”he yelled after me. I could hear his footsteps getting closer. “Stop. Talk to me.”he said and grabbed my arm to turn me back around.

“There’s nothing to talk about. You were never planning on getting better.”I said. It’s amazing how your feelings for someone can just fade so quickly in a matter of seconds. I felt nothing for him anymore. He had been lying to me since we moved to Orlando. He didn’t even have enough respect to say hey I’m having a hard time with this it’s going to take me a while. Just looking at him made me sick. He wasn’t this strong man that could take care of me like he use to be. He was pathetic.

“I’m trying.”he said putting both of his hands on my shoulders. I pushed him off quickly.

“Bull shit. The doctor has come to see you once and that was to decide on how the treatment would work AJ this whole thing is just fucking ridiculous.”I said and he looked down at the floor. For once I saw some emotion coming out of him. “I’m done with it. I mean that this time.”I said and walked away leaving him there. I wasn’t sure if Leighanne was asleep yet, but I knocked on their bus door anyways. She was, I could see her stumbling to the door.

“You okay?”she asked noticing my expression. I wasn’t even crying. I was to the point where I couldn’t cry anymore. I had cried too much.

“You know a while ago when you said that it would get to that point with AJ and to call Kevin…”I said as we sat down on the bus couch. “I know he already came, but its worse now.”I didn’t know what else to say about it.

“What happened?”she asked as Brian walked from the back of the bus rubbing his eyes. He must have been asleep also.

“I just walked in on him doing it and I flipped and I’m just done with it. I’m not gonna be his mother through this whole thing. It’s gotten ridiculous and its something I don’t have to deal with.”I said looking back and forth between the two of them. “And it’s not like this is something that is sudden it’s been building. I’ve been seeing Nick.”I said and I thought Brian was going to fall over.

“What do you mean seeing Nick?”he asked leaning against the countertop.

“I mean seeing Nick. He respects me and AJ doesn’t know about it at all. I’ve been keeping it from him.”I said and crossed my arms.

“Caroline I don’t know if Nick is that great of an idea either.”Brian said sighing.
“He may respect you now, but he’s not the relationship type you know?”

“It’s different.”I said as my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was Nick. “So will you guys call Kevin and take care of it. It’s not my problem anymore.”I said and got up to walk off the bus to talk with Nick.

“You coming out?”I heard on the other end.

”I don’t know. I just broke up with AJ, not really in the mood to party.”I said and he was silent for a few seconds.

“You broke up with him? Why?”he asked and I knew what he was thinking. It wasn’t for him. Conceided much?

“Just needed to happen.”I said. It did need to happen, as long as I was there with him he wasn’t going to get better. He had already proved that.

“Okay? Well we haven’t left yet and we’re not leaving without you. It’ll make you feel better.”he said and I now saw his stupid ass standing not that far from me talking on his phone.

“I see you.”I said watching him lean up against the rental car.

“I’ve been seeing you. Now come on.”he said waving at me.

- AJ –

Here we go. I thought looking down at my cell phone. She had called Kevin because he was in return calling me now. What a shit night. I lost my girl. It was inevitable. I know that. She had been beyond distant recently, always going out, always texting and on the phone. It was really awkward. I could see this coming from a mile away, that’s part of the reason I haven’t stopped using.

“What’s up man?”I said answering.

“Listen I’m gonna come out there and stay with you for a bit is that cool?”Kevin said straight cutting to the chase. “I know you need me to.”

“If you want to man that’s cool.”I said sighing. I knew Kevin would be able to help me if no one else could.

“Alright well I’m gonna catch a flight in the morning I should be there mid afternoon. Talk to you then.”Kevin said and I could hear him yawn as he hung up.

- Nick –

She loved him. I knew that, it was just nice to know for one night that they weren’t together, that I didn’t have to worry about him walking in or seeing us out or something. The thing is, is I like this girl, I don’t know why, but I like her. She’s different. She’s not just using me for being a Backstreet Boy. She actually cares about me and for the first time in my life I care back. We had come to a bar, not a club, well it was more like a pub. There weren’t that many people in here, all older men and me and her and Brent.

“So you okay?”I asked. She had been quiet super studying the football game that was going on on the TV for a while now. This would be her third tall Yeungling and I knew she was starting to feel it.

“I will be.”she said. She always said that and she knew it was untrue.

“You still got me.”I said giving her a side smile.

“I don’t have you Nick.”she said smiling back at me as she shook her head. “I’m just a cool girl to hang out with.”

“Okay whatever.”I said. She honestly had no idea how I felt about her.

“Love it!”she said as Journey began to play on the jukebox. It was the song Faithfully.

“Come on.”I said grabbing her hand to make her stand up. They had nothing nearly big enough for us to even dance, but I was going to dance with her regardless even if it was right next to our bar stools. I put my hands around her waist and she put hers around my neck laying her head on my chest.

“Thank you for taking me out tonight.”she said looking up at me after a few seconds.

“Of course.”I said smiling down at her. I hadn’t felt this way dancing with someone since well…forever. And I knew she was using me, this didn’t feel the same to her, but if she was using me to take his place I was okay with that. I leaned my face down and put my cheek against hers, rubbing my nose softly over hers and then placing my lips softly on hers lips. “I love being with you.”

Caroline –

Fifteen drinks later, I was being slammed up against the side of Nick’s bus, forgetting drunkfully if that’s even a word that this bus, the same one we were seriously making out in front of was AJ’s bus too. To be honest, AJ was the farthest thing on my mind at the moment. All I cared about was the body being pressed so hard up against mine and his fingers running through my hair.

“You are so fucking hot.”Nick mumbled letting his hand run underneath my underwear.

“I should have beat your ass the first time.”AJ said stumbling around from the other side of the bus. He was really drunk off the deep end this time. He couldn’t even stand up.

“Hey man chill.”Nick said letting me go as he stood in front of me guarding me from AJ.

“No dude this is the fucking second time man…or hell I don’t even know how many times.”he said shrugging. “You guys were probably doing this behind my back the whole fucking time. Is this who you were texting?”

“AJ you haven’t been there for me for months. What the hell did you expect?”I said peeking out from behind Nick’s shoulder.

“For you to be my fucking fiancé. That’s pretty much all I expected, not for you to sleep with Nick behind my back.”he said and it all sank in to all of us. How wrong this whole situation truly was, but I liked Nick and my feelings for AJ had faded so fast just a few hours earlier.

“AJ you’re gone to me. I can do whatever I want, it’s your fault you let all of this get this far without stopping it. Remember that. It’s your fault.”I said letting the tears run down my face to match the equally angry tears coming down his.

“You know I tried!”he yelled throwing his hands into the air.

“No you didn’t.”Nick said rolling his eyes.

“FUCK YOU NICK!”AJ said and lunged at him knocking him back against the bus. AJ held Nick, who was let me add quite taller than him, up by his shirt collar. Nick didn’t look scared, in fact his face was lifeless. I guess he was imagining something better than getting the shit beat out of him by his best friend. “I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER!”he said taking the first swing at Nick’s beautiful face. I didn’t know what to do. I was afraid of him right now. Why was Nick not hitting him back? This was reminiscent of what happened between AJ and Josh wasn’t it.

“She doesn’t want you anymore man. You fucked up. Live with it.”Nick yelled through getting hit in the stomach.

“Yea well you don’t deserve her.”AJ yelled back.

“More than you do.”Nick said sighing. His eyes shot over to mine and the pain of watching this shot through my stomach.

“HEY HEY HEY!”Brian yelled running from his bus in his pajamas. He struggled to pull AJ off of Nick.

“I’m going home. I’m done with this shit. When Kevin comes tomorrow he’s taking me back to Orlando. I’m done with this. I quit.”AJ said rubbing his mouth from where Nick had apparently snuck in a hit.

“AJ COME ON!”Brian yelled throwing his hands up in the air.

“No fuck you guys! I don’t need this group anyways!”he said waving us off as he walked down the street. We all watched him until he disappeared and then Brian looked back at us.

“I hope whatever you guys have going on was worth it, because you just lost everything.”he said shaking his head as he walked back towards his bus.

“Are you okay?”I said turning back to Nick whose face was already bruised and he was bleeding in a few places. He didn’t say anything. He didn’t even look up. I knew his world had just crumbled down in front of him. I single handedly had brought to an end the last standing boy band in America.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments please....