- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Random conversations....
"Baylee come on."Caroline yelled to him as he was running in and out of the seats in the stadium the next day in Virginia. She let her feet hang off the stage as the road crew were setting up the band equipment behind her. "Just come a little bit closer, stay in the first few rows."

"How was your first night sleeping on a bus?"AJ asked as he walked up behind her. He was wearing of course his girl pants and he had a white hoodie pulled up over his hat.

"Rocky."she said and he smiled as he sat down beside her.

"You'll get use to it."he said watching Baylee run around below them.

"You married?"he asked noticing her ring. She put her left hand behind her back. That was the last thing she wanted to talk about with him.

"Just engaged."she said shrugging looking over at him.

"Don't sound to certain."he said sort of laughing.

"It was just sudden, real fast, he is in the Marines and was shipping out to Iraq a few weeks ago and he asked me so I dunno I said yes. He is supposed to be gone for a year and Leighanne felt bad for me and asked me to "babysit" while she was gone."she said holding up her hands to make quotation marks. AJ breathed out heavily and put his handson his knees as he stood up. She guessed that's all he needed to hear to move on.

"I gotta get some work done. Catch you later."he said turning to walk away. Think fast to save the chance.

"Hey!"she called over to him as Baylee ran up to her. He turned back around and pulled his phone out of his pocket as it began to ring. He contemplated answering it, but put it back in his pocket. "I'm taking Baylee to this indoor playground place your probably busy or whatever but I could use someone to keep me company if you've got some time." she said. This was totally out of character for her usually shyself. She couldn't let this pass her by. Something about him was different, and even though she had Josh her fiance, she couldn't let him just walk away.

"Yea AJ come with us!"Baylee said making AJ smile.

"Can we be back by three?"he asked. She had saved her chance.

"It's only 10:30 so I sure hope so."she said smiling.

"Ready to go Bay?"Caroline asked holding out her hand for him.