- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Can't even escape fans in a kids playground...
"Here."AJ said as he handed Caroline her cup of ice cream as they walked away from the ice cream stand to go watch Baylee play. They sat down on a bench near where he was playing to keep a good eye on him.

"So I'm kind of offended."AJ said looking over at her.

"Why's that?"she asked confused.

"Bri says you aren't a fan of Backstreet..."he said.

"I use to be."she said laughing while putting a spoonful of chocolate in her mouth. "After seeing you... I mean you guys last night though, I may have changed my mind."she said and he smiled. He put his thumb on her lip and wiped off the apparent ice ceam she had there. Her cheeks reddened and he laughed lightly.

"Good."he said seeing a group of teenage girls run up to him. "Well I mean it's been good hanging out with you today but because we are in public I must sign autographs for the rest of my life."he said making her laugh as the girls approached him. She got up from the bench to let him do his thing and went to find Baylee so he could finish her ice cream.

"Hey!"Baylee said waving at her from the top of one of the slides.

"Come down here and eat this!"she said. He nodded and seconds later popped up on the bottom of the slide.

"Tired yet?"she asked as she handed him her cup.

"No way!"he said inhaling the rest of her ice cream.

"Well get it all out of our system AJ is going to have to get back soon."she said pulling out her phone to check the time. "Your mom called me I better call her back."she said dialing Leighanne's number.

*****
"Hey girl!"

"Hey, sorry... me Baylee and AJ went to this playground place. It's so loud I didn't hear my phone."Caroline said seeing AJ walking towards her.

"AJ huh? Ya'll doing it yet?"

"LEIGH! I've only been here a day!"she said smiling.

"SO! He's AJ I am surprised he didn't try to jump in your pants last night!"

"What's what supposed to mean? He's actually being really nice!"she said as AJ quietly stood beside her giving Baylee a high five.

"Nothing, just watch out. That's all. Talk to Bri about it. I just wanted to check in. I'll call you later though tell Baylee I love him."

"Alright Leigh bye."
****

Caroline hung up the phone and grabbed Baylee's hand. "You're mom says she loves you...you read to go? It's almost time to go onstage with your daddy."she said walking towards the door.

"I guess."he said sighing sad to be leaving the place.

"Have fun buddy?"Brian called as they walked back into the arena. Baylee ran away from AJ and Caroline to meet his dad onstage.

"Hey so um...."AJ started. He was nervous so he started rubbing his sweaty hands on his jeans. "I know today wasn't really all tha tawesome and I would offer to take you out tonight, but I don't know where we are..."he continued.

"Virginia."she interuppted and he smiled.

"Still don't know where anything is here...anyways so tomorrow I won't know any better, but at least we'll be in New York would you join me for lunch...I know ou have the while fiance thing so I would under..."he said scratching the back of his head.

"No, no I'll go."she said trying to hide how happy she was he asked.

"Awesome!"he said and clapped his hands together. "I gotta go change...they are already letting the soundcheck people in."he said watching the fans file in from outside.

"K see you later."she said as her phone beeped. Josh wanted to video chat with her on AOL.