- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the beginning of the downfall...ALSO switching to first person now. Don't worry it fits with the story/
Caroline~~

I remember that night well, that was when it all began. Well that’s the night when me and AJ began, he really wants me to start calling him Alex and I just can’t bring myself to do it. The only person that calls him that is his mother and sometimes Kevin when he’s being an asshole. I met him as AJ, I probably won’t ever be able to call him Alex…anyways sorry about the rant. That’s the night AJ asked me to move in with him and for like the past three weeks I have been living with him. Crazy, I know, that night we had stayed in a hotel room and he asked me to move out to his LA house with him, of course I said yes! I mean he knew I had no where to go so I just decided I would stay here until and when I can get my own place. Things are a little different now since we live together. He’s gone a lot and I understand that, that’s what I signed on for, but it gets lonely you know? I haven’t heard from Josh, but one time to tell me he was burning my clothes on the front lawn. I doubt that happened but who the hell knows. I had new clothes, new dogs, a new house that was frigin gigantic, and anything I could ever ask for. I heard the sound of Unmistakeable coming from the bed area as I layed back on my pillow.

“Hey babe.”the raspy voice said on the other end. He must be going through a tunnel or have no service because I could barely here him. “I’m just on the way back from the studio wanted to know what you want for dinner.”he said and I smiled. AJ was in the studio recording his first solo album and he has barely been home throughout these whole three weeks I have been here. He stays at the studio real late and sometimes doesn’t even come home at all.

“Doesn’t matter to me…just get whatever you think.”I said and he sighed. That made him angry and I knew it.

“I hate it when you say that.”he said and I knew he rolled his eyes.

“Well its because I really don’t care. If I did I would say what I wanted…just hurry up and get home. I miss you.”I said pulling on some pajama pants and a tshirt as I walked down the stairs.

“Be home soon.”he said and the line went dead. He’d become real testy lately and I had no idea where that was coming from. Am I happy? Of course, I am, I’m just trying to get use to everything. It’s all just so much to take in at one time.

~~AJ~~

GOD! Some of the things she does makes me just want to scream, like last week she took my keys and put them in a different place then I have ever put them before and I was looking for them for a pretty good amount of time before she came bopping out to tell me where she put them. I mean she’s wonderful, but some of the things she does I just want to strangle something. I feel bad because I haven’t really been there for here through this whole breaking up with her fiancé and moving to LA thing. I know it was a big deal, but she had nowhere to go and I figured it’d be a good chance for us to see how we could handle it and plus…well I knew I’d be lonely out here. I just wish I could be there for her more.

“Babe?”I said walking into the kitchen setting the to go bags down on the counter. I set my keys in the new designated key jar as she came walking around the corner. “Representing your boyfriend huh?”I said noticing her AJ Mclean shirt…one of the people form my website must have left some here.

“I kinda dig him.”she said smiling at me. “How was the studio?”

“Really awesome. I got a new song done today completely.”I said pulling the styrofome boxes out of the plastic bags.

“Can I hear it?”she asked taking her box from me sitting down at the kitchen table. We always tried to at least have dinner together without interruptions.

“Nope…not yet.”I said. It was about here so there was no way I was letting her hear it without the most opportune time.

“Come on.”she said as she took a bite of her pasta. I leaned down and kissed her on her forehead as I shook my head no. “I hate you.”she said and crossed her arms to pout.

“You’ll hear it soon enough.”I said sitting down in front of her.

“You smell like Jack…”she said narrowing her eyes at me. I had realized in the studio that a few drinks helped me to loosen up. I know that I went to rehab and it got really bad but I wasn’t doing anything horrible anymore. I could handle a “few” drinks.

“No I don’t.”I said shoveling the food into my mouth. I was starving. I had been at the studio since early this morning with no food.

“Yes you do.”she said insisiting that I agree with her. “You are so stupid.”

“Don’t call me fucking stupid. I am thirty years old if I wanna drink I will.”I said looking up at her. She was really starting to piss me off. I could control it.

“Not while I am here you won’t. I won’t let you. I know what happened before.”she said. I couldn’t help it. I was going to for the first time yell at her…it was the Jack Daniels coming out of me.

“ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN.”I said slamming my hands down on the glass table in the kitchen. My fork flew across the room landing on the floor as silence filled the room.

“You know what fine then…do what you want but I won’t be a part of it.”she said and quietly got up from the table. GOD! She always started this shit with me for the past week that’s all she’s talked about. I have it under control!